The Sibling is Cusicesh? (and also unmade?)

Themasterhunter

Question

Could Cusicesh be the sibling, or at least a shadow of what the sibling was? 

I think there is a WoB on my boi Cusi about how it was at a high spren level (like stormfather/nightwatcher), but I've also seen things about Cusi being The Black Fisher, which is one of the unmade... 

Is there a possibility that Cusicesh was bonded (as the sibling), and through its host dying or a seperation of the Nahel bond it became fallen and either fell to the state that its in now, where it is arguably broken, and watches the origin, the only place it can remember and is drawn to? 

Cusicesh is gendered neutral, similarly to what we know about the sibling, and has a very "broken spren" behavior (Extremely exact timing, looking towards the origin, face shifting) but also shares similarities of the unmade. 

Could Cusicesh be a shadow of the sibling, and also an unmade?

3 answers to this question

Cusicesh is definitely not the Sibling.  There are some theories that it's related to an Unmade.  

Questioner [PENDING REVIEW]

Does Cusicesh the Protector have anything to do with the third Sibling at Urithiru?

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

See, you gave me too much wiggle room there. Because "anything" is a really broad term. So I could say yes, but not in the way you're thinking.

Okay, hmm I have to rethink my theory then.

I'll say probably not in the way you're thinking.

source

Questioner

Speaking of the Stormfather, would the Nightwatcher and the giant water spren be on the same level of spren as the Stormfather?

Brandon Sanderson

...The Nightwatcher, yes. Um... There are, I would say, a level below the Stormfather and the Nightwatcher who are also much-- a much bigger deal than something like one of the sapient spren, and that's what Cusicesh is.

Questioner

So the Nightwatcher is a spren you'd say?

Brandon Sanderson

The Nightwatcher-- I mean, they call the Nightwatcher a spren. Everyone in the books thinks the Nightwatcher is a spren. That's what they would call-- that's what they would call, if they knew what Honor was, they would call Honor a spren. A spren is Investiture that is alive.

Bystander

Nightblood?

Brandon Sanderson

So they would call Nightblood a spren. They would call-- That's the word for what all of these things are. They would probably've called Adonalsium a spren…

What would Hoid call one of those?

Brandon Sanderson

What would Hoid call the Nightwatcher? *laughter* What would Hoid call one of what?

Yeah what would Hoid call the Nightwatcher?

Brandon Sanderson

Um… *long pause/laughter*

If Hoid were to use a non-proper noun?

Brandon Sanderson

Unpleasant names. *laughter*

source

Probably not. Someone asked if they were connected, and it's inferred whether the connection is Cusicesh being or once-being the Sibling, and the answer was no.

Does Cusicesh the Protector have anything to do with the third Sibling at Urithiru?

See, you gave me too much wiggle room there. Because "anything" is a really broad term. So I could say yes, but not in the way you're thinking.

Okay, hmm I have to rethink my theory then.

I'll say probably not in the way you're thinking.

source