Black hole

Mr Maker

I'd like to think that as well. But he would not. 

Phantine

What does Nightblood do if he gets fully drawn and runs out of breath and people to eat?

Does he start vaporizing the ground and start boring a hole to the center of the planet?

Brandon Sanderson

No, he won't. (Good question though.) I'm not sure I want to get into the mechanics of why not, yet. It WAS one of the first things we talked about with Nightblood, though. :)

Phantine

Not to go into mechanics, then, does Nightblood just 'go to sleep' when his job's done?

That would explain how Vasher is confident he'll be able to get Nightblood back, even if the person he tosses Nightblood to ends up fully drawing the blade.

Brandon Sanderson

He doesn't sleep, but if he draws in enough, he'll start to sound drunk or drowsy (depending on your interpretation.)

source

34 minutes ago, Mr Maker said:

Blast it - I thought I was on to something. The WOB on this is very interesting though! Thanks.

You were, in the sense that it was one of the first things they considered :) therefore it was a good question. he just wisely built in that it doesn't happen, because Nightblood is already way too powerful to add automatic-universe-eating-black-hole generator to the list :lol:

13 hours ago, Scion of the Mists said:

Oathbringer spoilers:

Hide contents

We have seen Nightblood dropped.  He just kind of turns off when he's not being actively wielded.  

OB spoilers aren't even needed. Vasher tosses it aside in Warbreaker and it skids across the ground and just kind of stops. 

Edited by Calderis

• Chaos locked this topic