The Return

Lord Meeker

trinity-knot-meaning_3_20.jpg.89973d3e16cac2d7c92ea32c56aeb0f7.jpg

Chapter 1

The Awakening

Pain. That was the first sign that he was alive, well other than his breathing. His head hurt as if someone had hit him in the head with a particularly large hammer. Though on second thought that would have been impossible as his skull would have been cracked and- time to move on. He opened his eye and immediately regretted the action. Sunlight made his eye hurt and his head ache more that it already did. He groaned and sat up. 

Who am I? he though.

A name bubbled up into his mind. 

Sahin. That is who I am.

No last name surfaced. He sighed. Apparently he didn't own a last name. Bother he would jsut have to come up with one on his own. Then something occurred to him, stopping all thoughts. He reached up and touched his face, specifically where his other eye would have been. Sahin instead touched a pointed metal spike. He reached to yank it out but reconsidered as a small inside voice spoke to him.

That is your life line pal. it said.

When doing so he noticed and odd symbol tattooed to the  back of his palm. Three interlocking diamonds. Another memory stirred bringing up another word.

Ghostbloods

A voice interrupted his thoughts.

"So your back?" The voice said. "Almighty help us all that you have returned. What fate has in store you I wonder."

He looked to the speaker and noted his odd looking body which seemed to be make up of some odd insects. These bugs solidified into a man.

"Was I really that bad?" Sahin asked.

"You don't remember?"

"My memory is a bit hazy at the moment."

"That must be due to the Hemalurgy degrading process." The man muttered.

"What?" Sahin puzzled.

"Nothing, nothing. I am interested in what part you will play." The man burst into the insects he saw before.

He opened his mouth to say something then closed it as he watched the creatures scuttle away. Disregarding the strange conversation with the bug man, Sahin turned his attention back to himself. He wore a tattered set of clothes and a matching ripped cloak. A broken mask lay in pieces not to far away.

Must have been mine he deduced as he could only see one eye hole from the pieces before him.

He wore a belt with little holders for glass vials. There were a few that were still full and unbroken. Though he did not unstop one to drink it. 

"Well," He said to himself. "Time to get off this wretched barren island."

With that he started to walk with no particiular destination in mind. He just knew he he had to get off this forsaken island if he wanted to live.

Little did he know, Sahin Vandre was really Solace First. A deadly assassin, a scheming mastermind, and evil to the core.

Edited by MacThorstenson

Chapter 2

The Companion

Sahin didn’t know how long he had walked nor how far. What he did know was that he was being followed. Those odd little creatures would appear on large rocks or in the dead brush. The Sun was setting, and he didn’t like that. Sahin did not want to be stuck with the bug people in the dark all he had was a small curved dagger. He wasn’t sure if that was enough to kill one of them, or if the could be killed.

“Alright. Come out! I know you are watching and following me.” He said.

He frown, wondering if he had imagined being followed. Then a swarm of bugs burst from several cracks, and bushes. They surged together, building upon one another. The creatures solidified into a female figure.

“You are really alive. Huh.” She said.

“Why were you following me?” Sahin asked.

“Well that was impolite.” came the reply. “Not even asking me my name.”

He sighed. “Who are you? You obviously know who I am.”

“I am Sukha Eyata.” She said.

“Why were you following me?” Sahin repeated.

It was Sukha’s turn to sigh. “I was sent to kill you. That is what we do to any non-native person who arrives on Aimia.”

“Oh and how do you feel about that?” Sahin asked.

"Eh, well most of us are too interested in what you plan to do next then kill you. Most of us are confident enough that you won't spoil the secrets we keep here even if you find them our. You are that type of person."

Sahin nodded. "And you? Why are you here? What do you want?"

"Perceptive, I shouldn't have expected less from the Great Mastermind." She said.

"If I remember correctly people sought me out for three things. One, if they wanted somebody eliminated. Two, to join my forces. And three-"

"Yes, I know." Sukha waved him to silence. "What I want is off this storming island. The Aimian Oathgate is in disrepair and doesn't function properly. I suspect that much of your famed power is gone, as well as many of your memories, and status in the world. I can help you get those back if you are willing to get me off this wretched planet and allow me to accompany you in what every you do next."

Sahin raised an eyebrow. "Alright, it seems we have a deal."

Chapter 3

Oathgate

"The Oathgate is just up ahead. It will be guarded my my kin. They do not want it being activated as it could mean disastrous things." Sukha said.

The building that contained the Oathgate over hung a cliff. The building question leaned at a slope, angling downward into the chasm. Sahin raised an eyebrow.

"It the building even safe? It looks like it could fall into the chasm at any moment."

"Some places inside are. The spren inside are minorly damaged. The damage prohibits it from staying open long. Though we only opened it for a fraction of a second."

"Nobody traveled anywhere?"

"No, the other Oathgates were closed at the time and the transferring over to the Cognitive realm is prohibited. Come to think of it, you don't have a Shardblade do you? One that is alive."

"A shardblade?" the word felt strange on his lips. "Er... no. I don't believe so."

"Well, I guess we will have to kill the Siah Aimian who hold the blade."

"Wouldn't that sever the bond?" Sahin said.

"No he carries on of the newly created Honorblades, though the surges are custom build. Rather he picked the two out of the ten he wanted. Illumination and Cohesion." Suhka replied. "As I said they guard the place from being used. Shardblades are useful weapons."

"You aren't wrong."

As they drew closer to the Oathgate, Sahin noticed the dead vines covering most of it. It was a domed building supported by circular ring of pillars. Beyond that was a wall that supported the inner complex. Several guards surrounded the place. Several hundred perhaps a battalion. Soon several of them surrounded Sahin and Suhka.

"I see you brought the Great Mastermind. The boss wants to see you." he said.

"Great lead the way." 

Chapter 4

Meeting with Death

The two Aimian guards led him into the innermost chamber. The room itself was tilted slightly but the Aimians had compensated with furniture that on a normal surface would have been lopsided but in the inner chamber of Oathgate were upright. A man sat with his legs up on the desk. He was heavily tattooed and bald. The man had a square face and strong jawline.

"Doesn't that mess with your brain?" Sahin asked.

The man sighed, setting down his reading material. "Solace, Solace. You never did introductions properly."

Sahin itched his head. "What?"

"Don't tell me you have forgotten." The man grinned.

"Maybe I have. That doesn't matter. I am getting out of here. I have more pressing matters than you." Sahin said. "If you stand in my way you will not like how I leave you."

The man laughed, picking up a wicked looking scythe. The handle itself was short, which was odd for the weapon in question. Everything made more sense when the man summoned a shardblade in his empty hand.

"Scud." Sukha whispered.

Sahin looked at his own weapon a short bladed knife if you could call it that. There was one vial of mysterious metal at his belt. He yanked it out of its holder, popped the cork out and downed the liquid. Power burst from him. Blue lines shot out from his chest connecting with metal studs with in the wall.

The man picked strode towards them. "This here is what you would call a Death Scythe. Yes, I could use any weapon to kill you but it wouldn't be a permanent death. This however will destroy your spiritweb. Though it might very well sever your physical and spiritual aspects. In that case I would keep your spiritual DNA and keep it for other experimental procedures. Mainly Spiritual DNA splicing." Mraize paused before continuing. "Best case scenario for you, is that you become an empty shell, alive, but with no personality, etc. etc. Worst case scenario is that you are completely destroyed, physically, cognitively and spiritually. What I am aiming for is a way to send people to the Beyond immediately, rather than the whole Cognitive transition.

Now as for the Scythe itself. You know that things that pack enough investiture are able to sever spiritual DNA. Well I have taken it a step further. If I insert a bomb onto your spiritual web through the spiritual realm, I am able to completely decimate your web. How I plant it is a trade secret. The bomb will keep kept for blackmail material. Now we being the procedure."

"You sick pig! Experimenting on people who come here!" Sukha cried.

"We must protect our secrets. there are some who would pull it out of a cognitive aspect. The beyond is the safest place for them." The man replied.

Sahin snarled. He pulled on blue line right that went through the man. He pulled on it and was in turn pulled forward on an invisible line. The man swung his scythe. Sahin stopped burned using the momentum to slide under the blade. Sahin used the rest of the momentum to roll back to his feet. He stood back to back with his enemy.

"You forget I am a master assassin." He said just before plunging the small knife into the brain of his opponent.

The man collapsed and began to glow. Sahin put a foot on the back of his neck, pinning the man down until the glow faded and he died.

"Lets go!" She grabbed the Shardblade and rushed to the center. 

Sahin picked up the scythe and flowed. Suhka over turned a table and rummaged through a drawer nearby. He pulled put a back. Inside was a decent amount of infused spheres. She stuck the Shard into the hole. She enabled the device. All went black.

When he opened his eyes his surroundings were dark. A small sun seemingly harried by narrow clouds sat in the distance. Sukha pushed herself into a sitting position next to him. 

"Well we know know what happens when using a broken Oathgate. Its going to take months to get to our destination if not more. We have no food, water or anything else."

"Thanks for the reminder."

"Sukha. I want you to call me something different for now on. I have a new start or begin, at least somewhat. I want you to call me Sephtis. Just Sephtis."

"Sure thing. In return you call me Twilight Sky"

"Deal." Sahin-Sephtis- reached his hand out to help Sukha-Twilight now- to her feet.

Edited by Mraize