The Other Side of the World

xinoehp512

41 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

That would be awesome. I’m imagining colonies of Sentries, mega-sized towns for the Kolossals, and other places for creatures.

Actually, I was the one to do that. And they live in the Boundless Worlds. I have a map, they have a huge empire made of the worlds saturated by energy from the Alleyverse. Though some would probably leave, the majority still live there. Sorry to disappoint.

47 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

Actually, I was the one to do that. And they live in the Boundless Worlds. I have a map, they have a huge empire made of the worlds saturated by energy from the Alleyverse. Though some would probably leave, the majority still live there. Sorry to disappoint.

Right, there was that one...

But still some of them could live on the other side of the the world.

We could also have something underwater there. We were discussing rivers as alleys, so theoretically we could also have a whole underwater city full of creature I would prefer to never meet. :P

Edited by Sorana

2 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

The Underwater Alleys would be a perfect place for Mr. Hugs. And literally Voidus would be the only one who gets that joke.

So will one other person possibly. :P

But yes, I was also thinking this might be a good setting.

No, I mean, we already have the spren that follow those one creatures (Can't remember the name, like a crab-jellyfish), if we just added some for say fish, crabs, and the like, then say a group of sailor Parshendi bonded with the weird crab ones, went underwater, and learned new forms, and the society has just been growing since, then it would work perfectly.

3 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

No, I mean, we already have the spren that follow those one creatures (Can't remember the name, like a crab-jellyfish), if we just added some for say fish, crabs, and the like, then say a group of sailor Parshendi bonded with the weird crab ones, went underwater, and learned new forms, and the society has just been growing since, then it would work perfectly.

I like that idea a lot.

But apart from that I'd like to have a small wavespren or something for myself :)

26 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

Mime-form Parshendi.

After all, our 4th wall crews are entirely human. We don't want to discriminate.

On 11/4/2018 at 1:59 AM, Ark1002 said:

Ocean form Parshendi. Parshendi that live underwater, and have gills, and have their own underwater societies! Thoughts?

I agree with this. They would probably live on underwater mountains, where they could still get natural light from above.

4 minutes ago, Archer said:

How would everyone feel about starting an RP thread to canonize all this, and explore the Other Side of the World in character, integrating the ideas we come up with in as we go? 

I would go for that.

Are we going to say that this is completely uncharted territory? Or will some characters have heard different things about it?

Awesome! Let's give this a go.

It would be hard to justify having my character visit if it's fully unexplored, so I'm going to treat it like people IRL do the rain-forest. Most of it is unexplored and not known enough about, but entrepreneurial people bring tourists there to check it out anyway. 

@Ark1002 @xinoehp512

I had an idea for the place where the players exist, you two also expressed interest in the idea of having a location like this. Do you guys want to collaborate on what it would look like? Personally I envisioned it like a mountain.

Also, here's an idea that wouldn't necessarily need to be adopted, but here's an idea about the entirety of the alleyplanet.

The inspiration for the idea is similar to the fae realm (In the KKC), where certain parts are twilight, and others midnight, but they are always the same. The entire realm exists on a large gradient.

So here it goes:

Spoiler

The planet exists on a spectrum, each place is a certain distance between the mythical/immaterial and the physical/grounded.

At the physical side of things, resides the worldspike. This connects that part of the planet to the physical realm, and to other universes.

The other side of things is a mountain where we as sharders reside. The rest of the planet exists on a spectrum, where things on the main continent are more grounded and realistic. I would say that things here adhere more strictly to canon in the universes that make up the alleyplanet. So in the alleycity we kind of maintain cosmere canon and Warhammer 40K canon etc.

As you get further away from the world spike, things get crazier. The Boundless realms pop up, floating islands pop up, and wild mimes appear. The further you go, the crazier things get until you reach the mountain. A place where voidus is rumored to have come from. A place of pure creation.

What do you all think?

Just now, Ark1002 said:

I like it, but I thought of something else. What if it actually touched directly on the other side as the worldspike? The 'Pinnacle'.

We could make a PM to discuss this.

I like that idea. I would hesitate to make a PM, because then the discussion is closed off and I don't know who else would like to contribute.

Were you referring to the idea in the spoilers? If so, I was planning on having the mountain exist exactly opposite of the world spike, maybe the core of it actually was the world spike poking through to the other side.