If you could be any Ajah, which would you be and why?

Girl with Red Hair

Topic.  For myself, I would be a member of the Black Ajah because evil characters get to have all the fun.  if I could not be Black, I would be Red maybe?  Though I don't hate men, so maybe green so I could always be in the middle of the action?  Not sure to be honest, but Black would definately be my first choice because I love evil characters, and I look really good in black,imo.

If male Aes Sedai were still a thing post-Breaking, I'd be Brown Ajah all the way. I tend to ramble on a lot when talking about things that make me passionate, and I love reading (as you can probably tell because I'm on an author's forum talking about a 15 book series).

37 minutes ago, rmmateus said:

I don't think Sheriam was having much fun after losing a few fingers.

I'd be Brown. It's closer to my everyday life

Not a very good black then, was she?  Since it's fantasy, I would be the most evil black ajah there ever was before.  I wonder what my power level would be?  Hopefully as powerful as I could get it.  Not dark one levels, but I would still hope it's up there.  If I remember from the wiki, I think they said that Moghedien was the strongest female channeler?  I'd have to look again later, the power levels are weird over there at wiki, going by ++/--

18 hours ago, Girl with Red Hair said:

I would be a member of the Black Ajah because evil characters get to have all the fun.

If being harassed and abused by the Forsaken and other Darkfriends with higher status than you is your idea of "fun", well, enjoy.  While you might aspire to the top of the pile, you'd necessarily have to start out on the bottom, as everyone's new punching bag.

The nice thing about the Black Ajah, of course, is that in addition to secretly being Black you get to join a second Ajah to keep up appearances.  Would that be Green?

My recollection is that Moghedien was the weakest of the female Forsaken, with Lanfear being the strongest female ever.

I guess I'm piling on by being yet another guy aligned with the Brown Ajah.  Though, "since it's fantasy", perhaps I can fantasize about joining the Asha'man post-Cleansing while still not being Turned by Taim?

1 hour ago, daschaich said:

If being harassed and abused by the Forsaken and other Darkfriends with higher status than you is your idea of "fun", well, enjoy.  While you might aspire to the top of the pile, you'd necessarily have to start out on the bottom, as everyone's new punching bag.

The nice thing about the Black Ajah, of course, is that in addition to secretly being Black you get to join a second Ajah to keep up appearances.  Would that be Green?

My recollection is that Moghedien was the weakest of the female Forsaken, with Lanfear being the strongest female ever.

I guess I'm piling on by being yet another guy aligned with the Brown Ajah.  Though, "since it's fantasy", perhaps I can fantasize about joining the Asha'man post-Cleansing while still not being Turned by Taim?

My mistake, Lanfear was indeed the one I was thinking, but got the names wrong.  As for pecking order, I'm confident in my abilites, and I'm a total darkone fangirl.

As for Ajah in general, yeah I'll go with red so I can run a Black/Red deck........lol, sorry not sorry.

Edited by Girl with Red Hair

19 hours ago, Girl with Red Hair said:

Not a very good black then, was she?

Sheriam was near the top of the Black Ajah hierarchy. Galina was second and look what happened. Remember Jarna Malari. She was at the very top and it ended badly. Being Black is not a good option. Alviarin may have dodged a bullet, but being the center of attention for the Forsaken + Shaidar Haran is not the best experience. Even being one of the Forsaken is not that good, unless you're the Dark One's favorite. And even then you might fall from grace in the blink of an eye. Being from a lighter Ajah is safer

For me, I would be a rogue magic user.  I have not finished the series yet, or know all of the lore, but have their been any rogue female aes sedai similar say to Count Dooku from Star Wars?  Like not full on dark one servant or Sith, but just a general evil sorceress?  Maybe that's what the topic creator meant?  Maybe the joker from dark knight is a better comparison to what I mean.  Just someone who is chaotic evil, just because, not because of some offilation.

Edited by Shallanah

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 17/11/2018 at 1:36 AM, Kaladin78 said:

I hate this thread. No, it's not a bad thread, but I'm on book five and had no idea that Sheriam was black ajah.  I kind of liked sheriam too.

I'm sorry it was spoiled for you. It was painful when it happened, as she was indeed unexpected. I would suggest avoiding all WoT threads in the shard until you finish, because 95% of what is discussed is with assumptions that you have read all the books and can make any number of little throwaway comments. 

As for the thread, I think I could be happy in several ajahs. Black would be the worst, because while it is true that evil characters usually have all the fun, WoT is the exception to the rule. In WoT being evil just gains you pain, fear and sacrifice. And the higher up the evil hierarchy the worse it gets. Red just seems to have one purpose, which by the end of the books is moot. Yellow is not my thing. Which leaves me with 4 possibilities that I could see myself as, but to narrow it down a bit more: I'm not sure Blue was ever characterized enough for me, just, chase one great quest? It seemed a bit vague. I might like Green ocassionally, but been a Green all the time would get tedious. So...it seems either White or Brown would be nice options. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/16/2018 at 4:36 PM, King Taravangian said:

I hate this thread. No, it's not a bad thread, but I'm on book five and had no idea that Sheriam was black ajah.  I kind of liked sheriam too.

#$%@. I just read that and got it spoiled for me.

• 1 month later...