Tateboy2k5

What is Nightbloods name?

10 posts in this topic

So I’ve been thinking (please let me know if you think I’m wrong because I probably am) night bloods name hasent always been nightblood so what was it? I think I know what his name is. what is his purpose? To destroy evil. What was the first thing he was told to do? Destroy evil. Yes that’s right I think nightbloods name is, Destroy Evil. Sorry if someone’s already made this connection I don’t come on here often.

On 10/27/2018 at 1:49 AM, Tateboy2k5 said:

Sorry if someone’s already made this connection I don’t come on here often.

Don't worry about someone else having made a connection. Half the fun is people finding new things by bringing older stuff back to light with new info to be weighted.

It's possible Nightblood had quite a few names. He's been around for a long time, all considered, and it wouldn't be too strange for his name for a while (particularly at the beginning) to be just his Command, so they could differentiate between the others they were likely planning to create.

Edited by Invocation

I think OP meant the original name for the sword.  Vasher named it "Nightblood" after killing Shashara with it.

3 minutes ago, FirstSelector said:

I think OP meant the original name for the sword.  Vasher named it "Nightblood" after killing Shashara with it.

Yes I know, and I addressed that.

Ah, I misread a bit  I'm sure that the various other names Nightblood has picked up over time are interesting (probably many of them are curses...), I meant that the most relevant one was the first.

4 minutes ago, FirstSelector said:

Ah, I misread a bit  I'm sure that the various other names Nightblood has picked up over time are interesting (probably many of them are curses...), I meant that the most relevant one was the first.

That's fair. We probably will find out more in the book that's coming up at some point, Nightblood.

Given how muddled the surviving version of the Manywar seems to be, I wouldnt be surprised if one of the various Names attributed to Vasher or the other Scholars turned out to be the name Shashara called Nightblood back them.

His name is Steve. Actual* transcript of his naming:

Vasher: You need a name. Let me think... Steve?

Nightblood: I am your death. That is all you need to know.

Vasher: ...I prefer Steve.

* May not be actual