Which Form of Investiture Would you Choose?

To be a full Feruchemist has got to be the most massively useful option, because you actually don't need to get or convert external Investiture of any kind, which let's face it, is a bit hard to come by in our world, eh?

If I were limited to being a Ferring, I guess I'd choose either gold (health) or zinc (mental speed). It should "obviously" be gold, except I like being clever, think I'm already rather clever, and could easily fill a zincmind at 90% of normal while watching TV or something. And tapping a zincmind at key times when I'd like to be really, really clever is very attractive.

Then again, that time I got hit by a car while on my bike and broke my foot, how awesome would it have been to just tap a goldmind?

I personally would be Full feruchemist but probably not for the reasons you think. You see, I am historical tour guide so the idea of filling tons of different aspects of Panamanian history into my copperminds and then accessing them at will for tours, classes and more would be amazing, and really useful in my line of work.

• 2 weeks later...

If I got to choose one it would definitely be sky-breaker with a storm-light metabolism like lyfts. While being able to stick people and yourself would be fun as a wind-runner the division surge sound like a lot more fun and useful. Being able to "divide things" in addition to being able to blow and burn things up could creatively be used for things such as welding, house warmth, creation of cool art, etc. Or I could simply stick things. To other things. For a limited amount of time. That I could have used flying. So yeah, sky breaker powers would be sick.

On 10/26/2018 at 2:36 PM, Ookla the Ookspren said:

Of all the forms of investiture seen in Brandon's works, they are all brilliant and honestly would all be super cool to have in real life. But which one of them would you most enjoy having?

I personally think I'd go with being an elantrian. Elantrian magic being runic provides a lot of versatility and freedom of application. The magic is also insanely powerful and the silvery skin and platinum hair is a pretty cool bonus.

So, let me know, what would everyone choose as the form of investiture they'd most want?

I think that it can offer a lot of versatility and freedom for those who has an artist’s hand? Uhmm kinda because of the whole precision thing being an innate thing and so you can  basically focus more on what you want and not the how.

As for me, it is a bit obvious but I’d like to be an Elsecaller simply because I’d like the surges of the order. Plus, the fact that I am with scholarly people like Jasnah totally is a bonus.

Full Feruchemist for me, followed by Mistborn.

They are easily the most "accessible" for our world and extremely versatile, as well as being very difficult to detect.

Elantrians are hugely powerful and can do so much, but stopping to draw funny symbols on the air every time would either get me found out or a rep as crazy.

I have recently had two dreams in which I used a Cosmere magic system. One, I was playing an Awakened violin (I have no idea how to play a violin IRL), the other I was drawing Aons. The violin dream was more vivid but the sense of impending power was greater in the Aon dream. So... I'm still going with Awakening.

I don't know why everyone wants to be a windrunner so bad. Skybreakers is where its at. Being able to do all the cool things from the windrunners and getting to destroy stuff? All the while not having to keep promises to everyone and being a BA cop?!

Or if the whole cop thing doesn't really strike a cord with you why swear yourself to the law when you can swear yourself to literally ideal or person? You could swear yourself to survival and become a self-serving magical beast.

The only thing to be said for Elsecallers is the ability to travel offworld

And my number two would definitely be Repressed Returned (like vasher)

• Chaos locked this topic