Which Form of Investiture Would you Choose?

Of all the forms of investiture seen in Brandon's works, they are all brilliant and honestly would all be super cool to have in real life. But which one of them would you most enjoy having?

I personally think I'd go with being an elantrian. Elantrian magic being runic provides a lot of versatility and freedom of application. The magic is also insanely powerful and the silvery skin and platinum hair is a pretty cool bonus.

So, let me know, what would everyone choose as the form of investiture they'd most want?

It Would definitely be fun to be a Windrunner, but I still think I’d have more fun as a Mistborn! Having a full suite of abilities means you have so many more options for mischief! :P

Plus, Steel and Iron would let me imitate a wind runners abilities pretty well (in the area I live in anyways!)

Edited by Genesis

2 hours ago, The Grumpy Elantrian said:

I personally think I'd go with being an elantrian. Elantrian magic being runic provides a lot of versatility and freedom of application. The magic is also insanely powerful and the silvery skin and platinum hair is a pretty cool bonus.

So, let me know, what would everyone choose as the form of investiture they'd most want?

Immortality not mentioned? I am surprised.

I agree. The question is, not being in Elantris, where could I use it? And do I need to rediscover all Aons?

15 minutes ago, Oltux72 said:

I agree. The question is, not being in Elantris, where could I use it? And do I need to rediscover all Aons?

Good point, I forgot about the immortality. I'd say for the hypothetical, issues of aon shape and access to the Dor would all be sorted thanks to 'magic' or something like that. 

If I could draw Stormlight from things like the Sun or modern light sources, then either Stoneward (imagine using Tension and Cohesion to solidify some air and shape it-you could literally pull objects out of the air!) or Windrunner (you could fly around and stick people to walls). If not, then probably Mistborn.

Hands down, I would choose rithmatics.

Wait, what do you mean rithmatics aren't in the cosmere and so technically is not investiture? Really? But it is so cool... *sigh*

I like the idea of having a spren, and if we factor in the spren, I would pick being a windrunner.  However, notfactoring in the spren, I would pick awakening... Though then again, I dont know how I would get more than one breath...

So I guess I will just say I picked windrunner. : )

Edited by Furamirionind

The drawback to beeing radiant is that you have to keep your oaths.

I think i would be a lightweaver an make a living disposing of nuclear waste through soulcasting

Ferruchemy would be the most useful i think.

I think it would be really cool to be a kandra if that counts. I would make the wildest artificial skeletons.

On 26/10/2018 at 4:56 PM, Oltux72 said:

If we're going by that limitation, then we couldn't use any investiture, (be a surgebinder mistborn, anything, because all of them need shard power, not just Elantris.)

I would be a shard, for sure.

Edited by Servillius

39 minutes ago, Servillius said:

If we're going by that limitation, then we couldn't use any investiture, (be a surgebinder mistborn, anything, because all of them need shard power, not just Elantris.)

That's not the issue. Allomancy is usable anywhere. So is surgebinding if you can get your spren off world and have a means to fuel it, which can be achieved with a hack. 

Sel's magics are regionally locked. They don't work at all outside of their respective region. There are specifically no stamps I  Elantris because of that, and you see the degradation in power of AonDor between near Elantris and in Teod in the story. 

Sel's magic is unique in that. 

Oh, I didn't know that.

I mean, obviously if they took precharged crystals with them, it would be possible. (Haven't read about any hacks so far.) I thought only God metals could be burned in another planet. (But I haven't gotten far enough to find out about the other metals.)

Meh, looking forward to it. I've reserved Oathbringer ^^