Halloween

Zelly

It's just around the corner!  Do you Trick or Treat?  Disapprove for various reasons?  Host a party? Watch scary movies?

Share Halloween stories here!

Most of my Halloween memories are a mush of darkness and candy (which is a creepy combination).  2 stand out memories are:

1) I was 5-6 years old.  Parents waiting for me a few feet away.  I rang a doorbell.  Nice Lady answered with a bowl of candy.  Nice Lady's husband, dressed in a giant pumpkin costume, leapt like twelve feet down a staircase screaming, "I'M PUMPKIN MAN".  I also screamed and ran to my parents.

2) One of my neighborhoods growing up was designed with ...eh...I called them "islands". They were like VERY large traffic circles, to the point that there were like 3-4 houses actually within each road circle.  Trick or treating, however, I got turned around.  I wasn't paying attention and thought I was just following the road, a straight line.  I apparently had gone rather quickly around the circle (I ran from house to house like I was on a timer) and ended up at a same house.  The man handing out candy recognized me and was furious that I was trying to come back for seconds.  I was so confused and fled.  Apparently I run away a lot on Halloween.

We always have a party with friends (tomorrow, because we need a Saturday for those that need to drive a few hours to be able to come) and everybody comes. Together with a friend we organize the food and another team decorates. We also have a theme each year and dress accordingly. This year's is Steampunk vs Zombies. So I sewed myself something accordingly.

It started when we looked for a good excuse to throw a party, but now it's a fixed date for everybody and it's a great oppotunity to come together and see all of them.

Costumes are my favorite part of Halloween, but I also enjoy handing out candy to the trick-or-treaters. I hope I get some at my apartment! This year I've thrown together an Edgar Allan Poe costume and will post pictures of myself wearing it when I get the chance. :)

Last year I went trick or treating with my brother and friend in my neighborhood. We went to this one house and two women opened the door both dressed in really cool gryffindor robes. One of them had her pet snake curled around her neck. 

For a bit of context,  I love snakes i think they're amazing. But my brother and friend are terrified by them.

When we realized it was real, my friend dropped his bag and ran as fast as I've ever seen him run. My brother plunged his hand into their basket of candy and also ran, dropping pieces of candy as he went. I just held out my hands and asked to hold it

On a different note, does anyone know any really easy Sanderson characters to make costumes of?

I will likely be dressing up as a witch again this year and sitting in the driveway to hand out candy. My costume is pretty basic, but I make it better with a live prop: my pet cat is black, so I'll be putting her on a leash & harness and bringing her outside with me. (hopefully, she won't freak out again)

I hadn't trick or treated in a while. However, I would still dress up and go to parties in college and stuff. Of course most girls dressed up in "sexy" costumes and I was always like, gurl! You got all year to do that, Halloween is supposed to be scary! Dress all gross-like and stuff! For the past 3 years, I have trick or treated with my daughter, Ofelia. First year, she was Hobbs as her father loovess Calvin and Hobbes. He was Calvin and I was Susie. Next year she was Tigger and this year she was old enough to articulate what she wanted to be and she picked out pumpkin. So we are doing that and afterwards, Brandon (that's Ofelia's dad's name, I swear!) and I will watch a scary movie with some beers and candy!!!!! I love Halloween, yo! I'll have to find pictures!