Killing a Gold Compounder

HSuperLee

Agreed that gross dismemberment would likely do it, though a big part of that is the fact that it would by it's nature be separating the Compounder from their Metalminds.  But if there remained a single gold metalmind with enough stored health to fully rebuild a body, they'd likely still be able to come back from even tiny fragments of the body, like a starfish or Shardplate. 

The question we wont be able to answer without experimentation is whether an actively Compounding Fullborn would be Invested enough to resist the Aon Daa attack

1 hour ago, Quantus said:

Agreed that gross dismemberment would likely do it, though a big part of that is the fact that it would by it's nature be separating the Compounder from their Metalminds.  But if there remained a single gold metalmind with enough stored health to fully rebuild a body, they'd likely still be able to come back from even tiny fragments of the body, like a starfish or Shardplate. 

The question we wont be able to answer without experimentation is whether an actively Compounding Fullborn would be Invested enough to resist the Aon Daa attack

I think a fullborn could probably avoid the attack or simply kill the Elantrian before they finished drawing the Aon. Compounded zinc and steel would let you live in a world where everything moves in slow motion. You wouldn’t even be able to kill them in their sleep because they are compounding bronze which would likely also allow them to feel the Aon the second the Elantrians fingers stabbed the air.

2 minutes ago, SwordNimiForPresident said:

I think a fullborn could probably avoid the attack or simply kill the Elantrian before they finished drawing the Aon. Compounded zinc and steel would let you live in a world where everything moves in slow motion. You wouldn’t even be able to kill them in their sleep because they are compounding bronze which would likely also allow them to feel the Aon the second the Elantrians fingers stabbed the air.

Sleep? What sleep? You're compounding bronze with no need for sleep! Consider how boring you'd find the world if you were constantly in a Zinc/Steel bubble. Rashek, even with his wealth and position (infinite supply of metals), didn't do that. He needed the people around to stay sane I'd say.

1 minute ago, Morindal said:

Sleep? What sleep? You're compounding bronze with no need for sleep! Consider how boring you'd find the world if you were constantly in a Zinc/Steel bubble. Rashek, even with his wealth and position (infinite supply of metals), didn't do that. He needed the people around to stay sane I'd say.

Sane is not the first word I'd use to describe Rashek. Or the second. In fact, I'd put "competent" "happy" and "a nice guy" before calling him sane.

5 minutes ago, Morindal said:

And it only cost him his life. My point with mentioning bronze was that they wouldn’t need to sleep. As for getting bored, you could just compound electrum to keep your determination up and watch reruns in your copperminds to keep you sane.

18 minutes ago, SwordNimiForPresident said:

True, though I'd think that just means that you'd need some element of Surprise, which is always going to be the case; the actual method of destruction is still viable.

So lets talk Dor Traps:  Scribe the Aon onto a piece of Aluminum and thus set a trap they cannot detect? 

Just now, Quantus said:

True, though I'd think that just means that you'd need some element of Surprise, which is always going to be the case; the actual method of destruction is still viable.

So lets talk Dor Traps:  Scribe the Aon onto a piece of Aluminum and thus set a trap they cannot detect? 

Won't the aluminum make the Dor useless? It's a sink for all forms of investiture.

1 minute ago, Morindal said:

Won't the aluminum make the Dor useless? It's a sink for all forms of investiture.

2 minutes ago, SwordNimiForPresident said:

My thought as well.

I honestly dont know about aluminum and Dor, so Ive asked that question separately so as not to derail this too much.

Technically All but the metallic arts, so it's not 100% incompatible with Investiture.  Dor Aons are pure Cognitive constructs that are, uniquely, sourced in the Cognitive realm (bypassing the than the Spiritual entirely), I wonder if that is enough difference to side-step Aluminum's Investiture-sink properties (especially if they are a Spiritual Realm thing).

• Chaos locked this topic