Primer Cube Leeching

Slimy_Slider

In Bands of Mourning, Irrich, a leecher, is able to activate the primer cube and throw it down the train carriage to remove Wax's metals. However, I am not sure how this is possible. The cube replicates allomancy, creating speed bubbles centered on itself or steelpushing outwards as if it was an allomancer. But if it replicates Chromium allomancy as if it was burning the metal itself, then it should still require physical contact to take effect. Are there any ideas on how this works?

We really don't know a ton about leechers. Maybe a sufficiently powerful one can leech at a distance, and the cube counted as sufficiently powerful. Maybe the cubes just have increased range for all effects. There could be all kinds of things that made it work. We just don't know enough. Or at the very least I don't 

We actually know very little about the cubes. They also appear to control the flow of Investiture through the cube with switches as a weird electrical analog (see also the etmetal powered fluorescent lights in the temple of the Sovereign).

We have WoB that strongly imply contact is necessary for leechers, but I don't think we have it stated outright that action-at-a-distance leeching is definitely impossible...I'm skeptical though, as that would be very bizarre.

• Chaos locked this topic