The Funeral (Mara's)

Darth Woodrack

Dusk stood at a podium. He new that this was a sad time. He new that Mara had been loved. He was leading the funeral proceedings because Devaan and Max might be to distraught to lead the funeral. He would make her feel loved. He looked out at the crowd in front of him. He saw everyone who loved her, Devaan, Max, and Fang prominent among their numbers.

"I did not know Mara. All I know about her ws her performance before her death. She fought eloquently with the kind of skill that deserves honor. She deserves honor. She will be put to rest in the hall of heroes, but before she does those who loved her most would like to say a few words," Dusk gestured for Devaan/Max/Fang to come on stage.

Hello everyone. This is the sad event of Mara's death. This is commemorate her life. A couple ground rules do take place.

1. ABSOLUTELY NO FIGHTING! The only exception is if someone breaks this rule. Then everyone must attack them at once and utterly destroy them. So to recap, unless you are a godlike entity, breaking this rule is death.
  2. This is a funeral, not a rally. Do use your speech as a time to ask for support, or call for vengeance.
  3. If you talk out of person use a quote box.
  4. Please only use one post for your speech.

Edited by DarthWoodrack

Fangblade padded up to the podium with Spirit-Brother howling out their mutual grief in Fang’s mind. The dog himself did not do so, he had tired himself out at the duel itself. He kept his head high, but not inappropriately so, and his posture normal. He climbed the three stairs to where Dusk stood and raised himself onto his haunches. He spoke.

“I, too, did not know Mara truly. The only time I ever spent within ten feet of her was trying to heal her during the duel, and during that time she was unconscious and dying. I only know that she did not in any way deserve to die in such a pointless way, and that she was a good person who cared about her brother like no other. She did not deserve her fate, and I wished the Mediator had let me save her.”

Mac sat quietly in the back, disguised and unnoticed, reveling in the feelings of loss and sorrow.

He did love a good funeral. It reminded him how much of an impact he could have on others lives if he exerted himself a little.

But he wouldn't give a speech, no. He didn't know Mara, so he didn't know what to say to properly destroy these peoples souls. 

It was funny how much of what he did came down to wanting to destroy. He built, so he could destroy it later. He helped, and lifted up, so he could destroy people later.

Destroy, destroy, destroy.

It was a good thing to hope for. Because destruction always came.

Edited by MacThorstenson

Devaan stood shakily up to the podium

"During the war, one of my best friends died." He began

"I found out when I went to check on the survivors down stairs, and saw two children, carrying his blade and a note. He asked me to take care of them." Devaan breathed shakily

"Max and Mara entering my life was one of the best things that ever happened to me. When Mara died in the ring, something inside me died with her." Devaan sat down next to Riathor and Max, head bowed

Ambrosia had something to say. So she stood up.

"I only knew Mara through this fight. I participated in her death. If Devaan says part of him died, part of me died as well. I never want to fight again. And I will do anything I can to help the people closest to her, as the best I can manage to compensate them for this. I know what I have done is unforgivable. So I won't ask."

Ambrosia sat down, crying.

I apologise for being late to my own funeral :P 

Max appeared, his face oddly blank.

“Mara was a good sister. She will be missed.”

A few people frowned as Max left and took a seat to watch the preparations. That was all he’d had to say? A hand rested on his shoulder and Max turned to find Lusk.

“Hey, Nolastname.”

Rusting Lusk. But Max couldn’t kill him yet, not at his own sister’s funeral. He waited quietly and hoped Lusk would leave, but the man was as stubborn as a Highstorm, and if you crossed him, as vicious as one too.

“I hear you controlled Atticus in the duel.” He whispered.

“Not a good time.”

“Even with his emotion dampeners, you still controlled him for a large part of the fight.”

“Lusk...”

“And the spikes! You overcomed your fear of the spikes.”

“What are you getting at?”

“You’ve been promoted within the Ghostbloods. You’re an Elite.”

“I... I am?”

“Yeah. Now, I’m going to leave you to your mourning and go.” Lusk stood up to leave, and as he left another Ghostblood entered, wearing an apron and giving people free ice-creams. Unlike most other foods in the Alleyverse, the ice-creams were actually... just ice-creams.