Adoloin/Sadeas confrontation was foreshadowed as early as Chapter 12 of The Way Of Kings

animalia

Here is the quote for those who want it.

It’s a line by Renarin, spoken to his brother Adolin.

“I don’t like you get when you are around Sadeas.”

So yeah, I just started a reread, and I thought that line was worth noting. Brandon FORESHADOWED the conflict All the way in chapter 12 the FIRST TIME WE MEET THESE CHARACTERS.

And I don’t know if it’s relavent or not but given how we later learn about Renarin Voidbinding visions of the future, is it possible he’s been seeing them since before we met him? And ONE of the reasons he’s worried is because of a vision?  I don’t know but in any case this little bit here gained SO much new relavance. That I had to share it.

Nah, that's just establishing the Adolin/Sadeas relationship. The murder is simply the culmination of the relationship.

Foreshadowing would have been if Renarin had said "I always get worried you just get out your dagger and stab him".

Edited by Leyrann

53 minutes ago, Leyrann said:

Nah, that's just establishing the Adolin/Sadeas relationship. The murder is simply the culmination of the relationship.

Foreshadowing would have been if Renarin had said "I always get worried you just get out your dagger and stab him".

: D That’s pretty funny.

But, speaking of relationships, it also helps to establish how observant Renarin is when it comes to his brother.

Edited by animalia

• Chaos locked this topic