9 Orders of Knights Radiant

2 hours ago, Calderis said:

Lightweaving was his goal, and that his Yolish variety has been either limited, or on the fritz somehow.

Is it possible that for the Yolish version, he's only able to manipulate actual things (i.e. smoke, dust, colored powder), whereas the Rosharan version uses only Stormlight?

6 minutes ago, Invocation said:

Is it possible that for the Yolish version, he's only able to manipulate actual things (i.e. smoke, dust, colored powder), whereas the Rosharan version uses only Stormlight?

That's the way it appeared in unpublished things, and he always seems to be manipulating some medium, so yes, that exactly what I think.

22 minutes ago, PallonianFire said:

I also think Hoid is low-key thrilled to have soulcasting under his belt: easier access to metals, and, if he can figure it/hack it someway, full access to Shadesmar for worldhopping without a perpendicularity.

Soulcasting does not allow for access to Shadesmar - you're thinking of Elsecalling.  

3 hours ago, Scion of the Mists said:

Soulcasting does not allow for access to Shadesmar - you're thinking of Elsecalling.  

When Shallan soulcasts, she briefly enters Shadesmar. Transformation and Transportation both allow for Shadesmar access, though Transformation's seems to be a limited access. Hoid likely wants to see if he can figure out how to get around those limits.

Edited by PallonianFire
Typo

• Chaos locked this topic