Challenge of Champions: Kane vs... A dog? (Fangblade)

BitBitio

Duel Poll  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win?

• BitBitio/Kane
    • AxeliustheGreat/Fangblade
  2. 2. ARE YOU EXCITED!?!?

3. 3. Should Bit fix the screwed-up formatting on this post?

34 minutes ago, BitBitio said:

Welcome to Challenge of Champions, Kane vs Fangblade! Let's have a look at our contestants. 

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

@BitBitio/Kane

Name: Kane Mentiz

Investiture: Pinnacle, Oracle, ChayShan, Archivist (Via Spike), Windrunner of the Third Ideal, Cognitive-Shielding Aviar, Amberite Aether Bond, Shardarm, Soulcaster Fabrial made from a dead Cryptic.

So, a brief summary/reiteration: Visionary (Electrum Compounder according to MAG), Archivist by Hemalurgy, ChayShan, WIndrunner Surges and Shardarm, Soulcasting, Amberite, CogShield Aviar.

Skill in magic: I store information in Copperminds constantly. Also, I have infinite determination due to Electrum Compounding, but note that I only Compound to fill my Bracers up unless it is an emergency, where I will burn for Determination instead. I have trained a lot with Allomantic Electrum so that it applies better in combat. I can see up to ten seconds into the future if I'm flaring. I am highly skilled in the art of ChayShan. I Worldhop by jumping through perpendicularities, whose locations are embedded in my copperminds. I am good friends with my spren, Quintexidus or Quin for short. Also, I have considerable Aether power, and decent skill with it. I have befriended the Aviar, Arrow (Eelakin name is Arroji) . Now a Savant for Determination. More explained in weakness and history.

Equipment: Metallurgy equipment, Sentinel Coat, spheres, Power bracelet(summons slight boost in power and Stormlight), knives and daggers, machetes, Plasma rifle, two Devastator pistols, metalminds, metal vials, etc.

Plasma Rifle:

Weapon_rifle.png.38916a5038bf35f9c73c3e097b8b82a4.png.f337db704869e343f4aabff816aa0c30.png

This rifle fires energy blasts, however it must be charged with Investiture. In order to fire, it must use up Investiture. Kane hooks up electrum "batteries" that it taps to fire.

Devastator Pistol:

Ranged_blaster.png.6124fe944a8371a85013086b576e5905.png.d267e9101552cb41aae7e941dd9c1695.png

This functions the same as the rifle, though its fire type and battery required are different.

Weaknesses: I am stubborn to a fault and have tried the same things in the past repeatedly before finally changing tactics. Can be influenced due to Hemalurgic spike. Also sometimes, I will make reckless or bad decisions that will cause damage to myself and others. I am missing my entire left arm and it can't heal. Feruchemical Electrum savant. I get more yield out of tapping and burning Metalminds but if I run out I go into a depressed state and lose motivation to do anything. My greatest weakness is wanting to help my friends. I could be forced to do anything if the life of a friend was on the line. See below for an extensive guide on how to beat him.

Other abilities: Master of Metallurgy, proficient fighter in all weapons, master of knives, machetes, and daggers especially. Proficient hand to hand fighter. Skilled with Soulcasting. Owns a Soulcaster stolen from an irresponsible ardent. Incredible strength on account of having a "Shardarm." Ambidextrous for hands (due to Shardarm making my non-dominant hand equally dexterous) and feet (normally, I was always footbidextrous)

Appearance: Blue Sentinel Coat with helmet (coat is Awakened to protect me), silver synthetic t-shirt underneath, Aluminum utility belt with weapons and metal vials, padded brown jeans, protective boots. Keeps hair moderately short. No freckles, looks like he always has a decent tan. Muscular arms, with Soulcaster and Aether on right hand, Power Bracelet on wrist, long Electrum Bracer(like an arm guard for archery but electrum), two Copperminds on upper arm, Shardarm for left arm, angular facial features. 

Sentinel Coat:

5b59633a4bc8e_Armor_super_cloak(1).png.1f1502fa33a0d57b2726cd266025e3b7.png.685ce1627b3bb598d06690a95b29e555.png

There is some controversy about metals in the cosmere and the Alleverse. You can see several metal sections on the coat, however they can't be Pushed or Pulled on. This is not because they are Aluminum. Rather, they are made of electrum. Due to the fact that Kane is a Compounder, all of the metal on his person are electrum. He Compounds to fill them to a very large extent. Metalminds of enough Investiture are immune to being Pushed or Pulled.

PM me for more details. - Bitbitio

Age: 40 Scadrian years old (Ageless, due to a large outpouring of Investiture that changed Kane's Spiritual Aspect during the Alleystorm)

Nationality: Half Terris, Half Elendel Basin

Hair: Dark brown

Eyes: Chocolate brown

Height: 6'4"

Religion: I'm Pathian, although I don't own an earring since I already have a spike. 

Home planet: Born in Scadrial, specifically Elendel Basin. 

Spouse: Adli Mentiz 

Parents: Brevan and Kaiah Mentiz (see history for more details)

Siblings: Older sister named Lita Kion, she is married to a JinDo man who is also a ChayShan master named Sudo Kion. She is a Twinborn Lurcher/Steelrunner. Killed by a highstorm.

Children: Zaren Mentiz

History: My parents are Brevan, a Terrisman steward who was a full Keeper, and Kaiah Mentiz, a full Mistborn. Kaiah belonged to House Mentiz, a prominent noble house in the Eastern Dominance that was in the Allomancy business. They made metal vials and mined their contents, then shipped them to Luthadel. Although Brevan was just a lowly steward, they eloped and moved to the Central Dominance. By the time they arrived at Hathsin, Ruin's final plan was in motion. They fought the Koloss and barely survived. They moved to the Roughs after the Catacendre and started a family. When Kane was only two, they were killed by Koloss, which caused Lita, the elder sibling, to Snap. Lita and Kane moved to the slums of Elendel. For six years, they lived as street children. One day, a passing Terrisman noticed Lita using Allomancy. After studying them for a short time, he deduced that she was also a Feruchemist. Therefore, Kane, being her brother, was also possibly a Feruchemist. The Terrisman, who was an Archivist, brought them to the Village. Within four years, Kane and the Terrisman had been kidnapped and Kane was Hemalurgically spiked with Archivist powers. This also caused me to Snap. My sister realized what danger I was in, so she rescued me alongside the constables. We worldhopped to Sel, where I studied ChayShan techniques and became proficient in it. Unfortunately, the same kidnappers, called the Trellurgists, attempted to kidnap me again. We escaped to Roshar, though I still move around to avoid Trellurgists. I joined TUBA and dueled Rhazien (Mraize's first character). I was later captured by the Trellurgists, however, and Minag was killed. I escaped and eventually swore the Second Oath of the Windrunners. Using my newfound power, I traveled to the Vaeria and bonded an Amberite Aether. However, I discovered that I couldn't escape conventionally, since I was out of Stormlight and couldn't find a perpendicularity that didn't kill me on contact. A Vo-Dari learned of my problem and Sent me back to Roshar with his power. I began searching for Rhazien. I arrived in the Horneater Peaks and met an old Forger. I then traveled to Rhazien. I educated him in ChayShan. Then, I went to the Alleyway Bar a few times. Eventually, I founded the Sentinels and fought in the Seven Day War. After the Seven Day War, he became a Feruchemical Electrum Savant. He participated in the Long War and is currently sequestered in his bunker, working with Metallurgy. I have written a lot of backstory for Kane, and I mean a LOT. The easiest place to find it is Page 1 of CDS. 

Personality: Adventurous, outgoing, and quick to trust. I'm stubborn, and observant. I store everything in my copperminds just in case, including ChayShan techniques. Also is depressed, runs on electrum Determination.

Kane studies Metallurgy, so in his spare time he is cooking up new alloys to test various experiments on them. His most successful discovery was the alloy that he uses for his armor, which is primarily elecrumminds but also a stronger metal. He has this little case with several highly valuable metals in it. A single bead of atium, a single ettmetal cube device, a cube shaped piece of malatium, several thin sheets of aluminum (that stuff is storming expensive), and his prized object. A single bead of lerasium. However, it is smaller than an ordinary lerasium bead and it can make at best a Mistborn slightly weaker than Spook was. As malerasium (my headcanon name for a lerasium alloy), it can make an above average Misting. However, Kane is keeping it in reserve until a later date.

Visual Representation*:

Kane.thumb.PNG.3f336ea5ed00ab9296a5598b66b67212.PNG

*Not fully realistic

Kane could easily be considered an overpowered character. He has more Investiture, resources, connections, skills, and abilities than many characters. Because of this, I have created certain guidelines to assist those who wish to make a fight with him seem more possible. 

1. How to beat each of Kane's Investitures:

A ) His Metallic Arts

Kane has much more passive Metallic Arts than Steelpushing or Skimming. Archiving is not very useful in battle. Oracling is limited to a few seconds. Pinnacling is more dangerous, but not that much more. I have made Kane a Savant for Feruchemical Electrum. Both Investedly(probably the wrong word) and psychologically, Kane has gone through far more turmoil than any normal man should have to endure. He is basically addicted to Determination, without his morning "drink" of it he loses motivation. 

B ) His Surgebinding

Kane has access to three Surges, two by his spren bond and one by fabrial. I have selected three Surges that I like, but also don't push too many limits. He has Adhesion and Gravitation like any Windrunner, and therefore some effective counters to this are weight manipulation, Lashing immunity via Shardplate or Aluminum, or Abrasion to counter Adhesion. Counter-Lashings also work. A good counter to Transformation is by resisting his attempts to transform. He is able to utilize Determination to make this more difficult, but he can't force anyone to do anything, only persuade them. A strong will can easily avoid this weapon. He also has a "Shardarm," since he lost his true arm in SDW. This can be countered best by strong blunt weapons, preferably other Shardweapons.

C ) ChayShan

ChayShan is an art from JinDo on Sel that uses a type of meditative "dancing" to focus the mind. It also draws forth large amounts of strength and speed. The best counter to it is to either avoid the attacks or prevent him from accessing the Dor by stopping him before he completes the kata. 

D ) Amberite Aether

This is a very difficult one to fight, and the prime reason Kane could be called overpowered. Aethers are from a canon magic system but unpublished story. There are six types, and Amberite is the one that allows one to grow crystal weapons from your palm. Crystal armor and tools can also be created. One very simple counter is a Verdant Aether, which directly conflicts with Amberite and negates the potency of both. If you had Shardplate or a Shardblade, you could cut through it. Or, you could tire his Aether by making him use it a lot.

E ) Aviar

This provides further protection to Kane as it makes him immune to emotional Allomancy and bronze Allomancy. This means he can't be Hemalurgically influenced while the Aviar is in his presence. The best approach is to kill it; The next best being more conservative, because it instead means separating them or capturing the Aviar. 

F ) His Sentinel equipment.

The best way to beat it is to break it, frankly. if you break his guns, they can't fire. His coat is simply cool armor. Break through, and you can win.

In tandem, all of these Investitures seem impossible to beat. And honestly, it is very difficult. When fighting Kane, don't give up! I do my best to not godmod, and usually I try to hold him back. The only exception is assassination. If you try to freaking assassinate him, NO QUARTER. 

In regards to this entire bio, I am very sorry that I keep flipping from first person to third person point of view. In the RP, I write entirely in third person.

Anyone and everyone who thinks they have an OP character, feel free to copy my guide for this, then personalize it. I won't be offended. I will be flattered. 

Sentinel Coat Blue (3).docx

Reveal hidden contents

@AxeliustheGreat/Fangblade

Name: Fangblade

Sex: Male

Birthplace: Northern Roughs of Scadrial

Investiture: Edgedancer of the Fourth Ideal. Has been spiked with copper, steel, and pewter to grant him human sentience, Feruchemical physical Investitures, and Allomantic physical Investitures. Fifth Heightening of BioChroma. 

Physical appearance: Very large half-wolf half-wolfhound dog with upright black ears, a long dark snout, and a mostly brown-gray coat. Bright green eyes. 

Strengths: Very big, strong, and agile dog, able to tackle even large humans or run quickly for great distances. Extensive experience in combat with Invested humans, and so knows their tricks well. His mother gave him Type 4 Awakened metal claws that he can use expertly, in addition to, of course, his actual claws and teeth. 

Weaknesses: Hard time communicating with humans; can be arrogant and rude in the sort of way that a dog would take as simply asserting dominance and a human takes as a challenge. Lacks significant knowledge of what would be respectful to a human.

Biography: Fangblade was born in a den that was dug under a cliff face by his mother in the northern Roughs. Hid mother had run off during a hunt and mated with a wolf, then dug out a den two months later. His litter was found by a man whom Fangblade calls 'Deathstink' in his mind. The man gassed the den, killing his mother and littermates, but not Fangblade, who was near the back of the den and had pressed his nose into the earth to save himself. Deathstink dug him out of the den and put him in a cage that smelled of rotting meat for four days, only feeding the pup twice. On the eve of the fourth day, the man was discovered by Tena, who'd been patrolling that area of the Roughs at the time. When she saw Deathstink, she put him out of commission and rescued Fangblade, naming him when he immediately bit her.

Tena raised him in the Roughs at her ranch and in the Alleycity. He learned to be calm and polite with humans, and she eventually copper-spiked him right above his shoulder. He gained the ability to talk with this spiking, oddly. Humans other than Tena and the already-insane TUBA membership avoided him both because of the weirdness of talking with a dog and because he was a bit of a jerk sometimes. He asked Tena to give him powers like she had, and she spiked him twice more, with steel and pewter to grant him Feruchemical and Allomantic physical Investitures. He traveled with her to her home planet, where he attracted a Cultivationspren that he bonded with.

Kane was sitting at his desk, testing his alloy when a beeping sound indicated that he had mail. He opened his Tia Mailbox and pulled out the letter.

It read:

To Kane Mentiz, Sentinel Leader:

I hereby challenge you to a duel.

-Fangblade

Kane was confused. A dog was challenging him?

He pulled his Tia card that went to the arena and activated it.

"And now, please welcome General Kaaaaaaane Mentiz!" The Announcer shouted.

Kane cracked his knuckles. 

"Let's do this."

Edited by BitBitio

The arena was dotted with massive, lichen-covered boulders that overlapped and rubbed together precariously. There was enough space under several to form a small-enough cave for a dog to walk through, but Fangblade instead jumped on top of a flat-ish rock and lay down, sphinx-like, alert for his adversary with metals, Surges, and BioChromatic Breath ready for use.

@BitBitio

Edited by AxeliustheGreat

Ok, apparently I am mediator. Cool!

(Shameless copying off Archer) :P 

I can mediate.

EDIT:

I’m the mediator. Please don’t attack me. If you do, I'll sic porcupine on you.

A few housekeeping details:

Any interference or assistance by any outside parties will not be tolerated.

I will refer to BitBitio as Bit. I will refer to AxeiliustheGreat as Axe.

Each character has 100 HP. When attacked, they lose HP. When they reach 0 HP, they fall unconscious.

The first person to have zero, or less than zero HP, will lose. Flavourwise, this is an immortality bubble, so no one can die. You will be healed after the duel.

You both have a reasonable number of stored attributes (stormlight etc.) and supplies (bullets, metals etc.), but please try not to use much more than the other person does.

If you choose to forfeit, put it in a quote box. Everything said outside of a quote box will be considered suspect.

I'm only human. Surprise! I’m not an expert in everything Brandon has written. I’ll do my research if I’m unsure about something, but I might still make mistakes. If I do, please tell me. So, if you’ve got a WoB or some other source to help me out when you’re attempting non-cannon actions, I’d love to see it.

When you attack, try to only say the attack and its intended effect. (eg. DO say: I stab at his leg to cut it off. DO NOT SAY eg. I stab his leg and cut it off.) The defendant should respond with the effect. I’m here to make sure that it is fair. If it is too little, I’ll step in and add some damage.

If you have any attacks or defenses that require preparation in advance, tell me in a spoiler box so I know your response is reasonable. 

After every attack and response, I’ll tabulate the damage. (I’m going to try to keep to this posting order)

Eg. Bit attacks.

Axe defends, attacks.

Itiah lists the damage of Ark’s attack.

Bit defends, attacks by cutting off Axe’s leg.

Itiah lists the damage of Axe’s attack, then comments that Bit would be unable to cut off Axe’s leg, so Itiah changes the attack to a deep cut.

A NOTICE TO OUR FANS: Enjoy the show, but please don’t interfere. Put all your comments in a different colour (in-character comments by people in the audience), or a quote box (out-of-character comments). Thank you.

LET THE DUEL BEGIN!

Fangblade slowly stood up and crept carefully forward, his claws making clicking noises against the stone. He hopped onto another and crept slowly across that one as well, relishing the expression of annoyance Kane exhibited. Once he was close enough to Kane, he sprang at the man with steel-enhanced speed and aimed his jaws for the man's shoulder. 

But who would go first in that duel? :P

Anyway:

Kane: 100 HP

Fangblade: 100 HP [damage pending]

Fangblade pounced, but Kane’s put his Shardarm in front. No damage.

Now, a Shardarm is pretty hard. It’s up to Axe whether she wants to continue the pounce, because ramming into something like that, especially teeth-first, is bound to do some damage.

3 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

she

I don't know who you think you think you're talking to...

Fang Steelpushed himself higher to attack Kane's face, reacting quickly because he was a dog. This time, Spirit-Brother turned into long parallel spikes on either side of Fang's jaws, the two swords connected in the middle with a bar designed to fit in Fang's mouth. He slashed at Kane's face with it, moving at high speeds because of Compounded steel.

Fang took the hit on his jaw and got thrown upward. He flew through the air above Kane for a second before launching himself in the other direction via the metals in the boulders and Steelpushing. He landed on top of another boulder and settled down on his haunches, content to wait for Kane to attack.

Someone popped into a seat. Saraha landed on an armrest butt first.

damnation that guy, if you go for cheap, it can never be reliable. My butt hurts, how am I going to apprecia--

Saraha suddenly saw what was on display, a dog with investiture fighting a human.

Fang, is A DOG? For Domi's sake, can't anything be normal?

She saw them fight

They seem pretty evenly matched, which is weird, considering someone is fighting a dog. Am I really postponing a duel with Devaan for this?