Half serious plot point predictions

Juanaton

So given the wonderful (for a certain interpretation of that word) revelation about Eshonai’s fate, I thought it might be good emotional preparation to try predicting some other plot resolutions. Feel free to add your own, or contradicting predictions to mine.

Vyre won’t get far. The fused didn’t realize just how much stormlight the honor blade used up and he fell from quite high before catching up to them right after getting the blade.

Kaladin tried again to rescue his family. Again his father refuses to be rescued. Accepting and respecting Lirin’s decision, knowing it will cause his suffering, is what enables Kaladin to swear the fourth oath of the Windrunners.

I'm pretty excited to see the rearrangement of social structures over all of Roshar. We are seeing the first signs already. The loss of parshmen has Alethi reduced to work that used to be considered beneath slavery, like carrying water. Female shardbearers are popping up and gaining power, especially Jasnah. Human cities are submitting to the singers willingly.

ITS GONNA BE WILD

Half serious plot predictions eh. Aether is part of cutivations magic. We know its a cannon magic system, and seen a few hints to its existence in stormlight. Also in the arcanum kirss says there should be another magic system. Mainly a wild shot in the dark thats probably not true but fun to think about.

My half-baked theory is that The Sibling is called The Sibling because it is a sibling to itself. It's a singular thing that should be plural. It is the strata in each of the large cities that make me think this. I bet that there are a few long bands of strata that run between each city, ultimately connecting them all, like a giant stone nervous system. It isn't just Urithiru that sleeps, but all the cities. So, one entity, but multiple manifestations, is my bet.

• 2 weeks later...

Another crackpot idea By the end of book 5 Dalinar will pick up the shattered power of honor reforming into the new shard of unity. Odium crems his pants and hides. Time gap between the 2 halves. Dalinar/Unity meets cultivation learns about the shards what happened to honor and the many other victims of odium. They team up learning from honors shattering and go on the offense and they take odium out. Cultivation sacrifices herself in the battle to avenge her old lover. Dalinar unable to help himself unites all 3 shards becoming a very dangerous intent for the rest of the cosmere. 

My prediction. Honor knew that he could never overcome his Shards intent. He came up with a plan with Cultivation. He would die and connect the power of his Shard to the Spren that identified with him. The Spren (Stormfather) is the Cognitive creation of the thoughts of millions of people. He is unchanging and constant. By attaching his Shard to the Stormfather he effectively shattered it. It’s power is still there, but it can’t be accessed.. unless a Bondsmith swears an oath and bond the Stormfather. In this way Honor was able to ensure that who ever takes up the power of his Shard is both a good person and is insulated from the Intent of the Shard. I suspect that Honor and Cultivation both planned to eventually give their Shards to their Spren and leave them to the Bonsmiths. I can’t help but wonder if they also intend for Odium’s Shard to end up with the Bonsmiths. 3 Shards, 3 Spren, 3 Smiths, (3 Moons?).

This is obviously pure conjecture so feel free to tear me apart. The thing that made me think of this was the conversation between Dalinar and the Stormfather. He tells Dalinar that in the end, Honor only cared about oaths and not their meaning. This seems to me like the intent of his Shard taking over (Similar to how Ruin corrupted Ati). The Stormfather also says that Cultivation only cares about transformation now. This also seems very in line with the intent of her Shard. Maybe they recognized it and came up with a plan to overcome it.

Edited by SwordNimiForPresident

• Chaos locked this topic