Long Game 50: News of My Demise

Wyrmhero

Everyone's added to the list - Remember to send in those Obituaries guys, or else I'll have to make my own for you :P.

To clarify, since a few people have been unsure, the obituaries are just intended to be a bit of fun and roleplaying, possibly allowing you to add some background for your character or just joke around with the other players. They aren't intended to be majorly serious things, and will have no actual effect on the game, as they're all sent in before it starts.

Edited by Wyrmhero

Well... My last midterm is next Friday... you're still short on players... a Wyrm game only happens once in a while... I won't die that much trying to do this, will I? :P (Yes, yes I will. But I was going to die anyways so that's alright? :P

Tomir Izenry, is perhaps interested in the inheritance of one Lord Heron...

Sanity seems stupid, so signup.

Sabine Seidel read the words in the paper and smirked. "Silly Herons, going to sleep so soon? Scadrial is just now seeming interesting." Still, the old man did have a lot of stuff. She could do a lot worse than to be adopted by that senile studmuffin. Shopping for metals could wait. Slaughters like this one only happened a few dozen times a year.

If there's some space I'll join in, I've never played SE before but I've played lots of Mafia and ToS if it's anything like that :) 

Severance Greed looked at the newspaper. 'I'm down for the money' He told himself. The 15 year old kid from the roughs wandered his way down the street. 

Just now, Nohadon said:

If there's some space I'll join in, I've never played SE before but I've played lots of Mafia and ToS if it's anything like that :) 

Severance Greed looked at the newspaper. 'I'm down for the money' He told himself. The 15 year old kid from the roughs wandered his way down the street. 

It is exactly like that, though admittedly slower and more talkative. Welcome aboard! :). Best to double check the rules though, as Think says, just to get the little nuances and differences, such as PMing and how the Cycles work.

I'm going to be out Monday evening, so in order to make it work for that without having to delay on the first few turns, the game will begin tomorrow at 7PM GMT. (it's either that, or Sunday, which is quite a while away, and we have been on hold for a while. Signups have been slow enough that I'm not convinced that we'd get anything from waiting another three days).

Remember to get any obituaries within 32 hours of this post! If you want to be helpful to me, please title them as 'LG50: [Player Username]', then I can use that PM as your game PM too :P.

12 hours ago, Wyrmhero said:

Best to double check the rules though, as Think says, just to get the little nuances and differences, such as PMing and how the Cycles work.

Never seen Itiah referred to as think before. I didn't even know who was being referred to.

On 10/16/2018 at 11:17 PM, Wyrmhero said:

if players wish to, they can send me obituaries to include at the time of their death.

What do you mean by obituaries? are there any guidelines for it? Is it like ToS' last will system?

7 hours ago, MetaTerminal said:

Sorry for the very late entry, but if there’s still room I’ll sign up as the Immortal Kalfaix, a travelling magician. If not, I’m happy to pinch hit.

Perfectly fine with me :)

2 hours ago, Nohadon said:

What do you mean by obituaries? are there any guidelines for it? Is it like ToS' last will system?

Not quite, it's just a fun little thing I'll post in the event of your death. It's not intended to give any information away (Hence why I need them in before the game starts) and is solely for RP/fun purposes.

Morning Edition 1

The Elendel Daily

Newsworthy Content for Every Octant!

The 23rd of Doxil, 68, Morning

Price 2 Clips

Myth Come to Life!

KANDRA walk the world again!

The Faceless Immortals, mythical shapeshifters in the service of Harmony, have made themselves known again.

They bear a warning.

The Words of Founding famously do not contain any information about Hemalurgy, but the evil, Ruinous power is said to have been discovered again.

At a meeting for hopefuls attempting to become the heir to Lord Heron, his steward Kasaam (age unknown) informed them all that he had been visited by an agent of Harmony, and told that there were practisers of Hemalurgy within their number.

Hemalurgy is, of course, the ability to ‘steal’ attributes or Metalborn powers from someone as they die. It is regarded as the most barbarous of the Metallic Arts, but even then there are still some who call for the science behind it to be made public and for experimentation to be done for the sake of medical research and Allomantic conservation.

Since the death of The Lord Mistborn, it is unlikely that any still retain the knowledge of how it works, other than Harmony himself, and Ironeyes. However, there are rumours that some Inquisitors still roam the lands outside the Basin, entirely mad, and some even say that the Church of Splinterism keeps hidden texts from the old world which explain how it is used.

Said Lord Flamingo (age withheld), one of the participants at the meeting, ‘It was very strange. He called us all together – The Terrisman, I mean – and told us that there would be no decision on who becomes the heir until this whole sorry business was sorted out. But how exactly are we meant to do that?’

Another, Burrsir (young) said, ‘I dunno what we’re even bothering with all this for. It’s obviously that nutter that snuck in at the last minute, preaching about The Lord Ruler and all that.’

For now, Elendel waits with baited breath to see what, if anything, will come of this meeting. Will we be seeing the first arrests for Hemalurgy ever by our new constabulary? If these horrific  rumours are true, one can only hope so.

Krea Erikeller

Commercial Advertisements

Spoiler

Cast Figures of Kelsier’s Crew

Do you want to own a part of history?

For a limited time only, YOU can purchase figurines of Keliser’s crew.

Available in all physical and mental Allomantic metals, as well as gold.

Prices vary for each metal.

Spices of the Southern Dominance

Do you like STRONG spices?

Diblon’s Spices of the Southern Dominance guarantee the HOTTEST meal you’ve ever had!

We’ll make your eyes water, or YOUR MONEY BACK.

We sell health insurance as well.

Personal Advertisements

Spoiler

YOUR ADVERTISEMENT HERE!

Have YOU something you wish to say to the general public?

Personal Advertising space NOW AVAILABLE.

Prices on request. Alternatively, we are willing to WAIVE OUR FEES for NEWS.

Other Headlines This Morning

Spoiler

Imperial News – Are Harmony's Eyes on the World Again?

The Daily Council – Fear of Spiked on the Rise, Governor Appeals for Calm.

New Allomancer - New Metallurgic Methods Promise Cheap Access to Non-'basic' Metals.

The Financial Broadsheet – Heron Industries Down After News of Infiltration

The Copper Star – Have We Been Visited By Aliens?

Previous Editions

Day 1 has begun! Night 1 will begin at 7PM GMT on Saturday 3rd November.

gra_1541271600.png

Please remember to double-check the rules if you're not sure about anything, or ask for clarifications from me. Remember that you must do both, vote to Assassinate AND vote to Praise at the same time, and please follow the guidelines in the first post this game.

Player List

1. xinoehp512 - Eviterces, a person of unknown quality. Why would they hide themselves like this?
  2. I think I am here. - Itiah XII. What happened to the other eleven?
  3. Fifth Scholar - Count Olaf, an old vassal that once was under the influence of Ruin. Ruin is gone, but what's to stop him falling under evil influence again?
  4. Jondesu - Quintus, an old hat at situations like this. Makes you wonder how he lived through them to tell the tale...
  5. Elandera - Avi, a person who has no idea what an Ookla Season is. Is that the truth, or are they perhaps lying?
  6. Araris Valerian - Ookla the Curmudgeonly, an old man with a stern face. Perhaps evil is concealed within that stony visage.
  7. Cadmium Compounder - Miumounder, also known as CadCom. Why would someone need two names?
  8. Young Bard - Jendred, eighth son, and thus unimportant. You can probably ignore him.
  9. Gancho Libre - George R.D. Mackleberry. Never trust a man with two middle initials.
  10. Orlok Tsubodai - Locke Tekiel, named for a ruler of Fadrex City, beloved by all. This character is different in two regards.
  11. Steeldancer - Ookla of Squids. (This is getting out of hand, now there are two of them)
  12. Rathmaskal - Lord Flamingo, flamboyant and fond of hopping.
  13. Snipexe - Snip Exeutor, has stopped working. 
  14. Coop772 - Burrsir, too cool for school.
  15. Shqueeves - Ookla That Watches, definitely a Tineye.
  16. Furamirionid - Furamirionid Yuln'Broael, Fura to his friends (if he has any).
  17. Aonar Faileas - Tomir Izenry, only here for the money.
  18. A Joe in the Bush - Sabine Seidel, of questionable sanity.
  19. Ark1002 - Aniah Arkwood, from the roughs. Sticks out like a sore thumb in these fancy settings.
  20. Nohadon - Severance Greed, greedy by name, greedy by repeated examples of taking more than his fair share throughout his life.
  21. MetaTerminal - The Immortal Kalfaix, a travelling magician. You can't trust these out-of-towners...
  22. Devotary of Spontaneity - Tessona, a Sliverist, but assuredly maybe probably not one of the bad guys.
Edited by Wyrmhero

As the demise of my brother (no, not actual brother...but I see us as kindred spirits.  Both masters of our environment, loved and respected by all.), Lord Heron, becomes imminent, it is clear that I, Lord Flamingo must step in and take his place.  The people will be much better served by a fellow avian lord.

Hey everyone! I won’t be making this super-long, but I want to hit a few key points before I make a longer RP post, with perhaps any game thoughts that might have occurred, later tonight. 

1. Remember that this is not a faction game. We are looking for Eliminators, not trying to kill everyone who isn’t in your house. Prioritise finding Elims above helping out your housemates, as one will actually affect whether we all win or not. 

2. Don’t read too much into the Houses, and trust nobody. If your house has five people and three are dead and flipped village, don’t regard your housemate as an incontrovertible Elim. Similarly, if an Elim in your house is lynched or Coinshot, don’t just blindly trust your remaining house members. Many don’t remember, but I’ve been told that Wyrm is an unrepentant troll. I assume this extends to role distribution as well—don’t expect to find one Elim neatly in every House. 

3. Snip Exeutor (Snipexe), just as a reminder to post later, as I’d like to hear his contributions, and also because I’d rather not wait until the last 2 hours of the Day to start lynch discussion. Similarly, Locke Tekiel (Orlok Tsubodai). Aside from being greatly praiseworthy, I’d like to hear from Orlok, and also believe that giving him all the political power is definitely a wise move. :ph34r: 

Count Olaf ( Fifth Scholar), it seems kind of unfair to be voting on someones assassination immediately after the game starts, with no information/reason.
Locke Tekiel (Orlok Tsubodai), Is this a bad idea? almost certainly. But someone else did it first! And he paid me several infused broams.

Oh yeah, and I don't have time right now. Either late tonight or tomorrow morning will probably be the next time I get on. I will do RP and stuff then.

(I just realized that my reasoning for voting on Olaf seems kind of serious... I just wanted to praise Locke.)

Edited by Furamirionind
Greened out my votes

• Alvron locked this topic
1 hour ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Many don’t remember, but I’ve been told that Wyrm is an unrepentant troll

Can confirm. But ah, maybe that's the troll this time, and I'm not trolling at all...

But yes, if people don't remember that, clearly I haven't scarred enough people I'm not trying hard enough.

Edited by Wyrmhero