Long Game 50: News of My Demise

Wyrmhero

I doubt I'll be able to address either of your two concerns. Steel's death is coincidence. Clearly, I can't prove anything, but could point to the rushed nature of my post last turn as indicative of how little time I've had. I'd also suggest that I'd have to be mad to kill Steel the same turn as a claim, if I were evil, and certainly hope that I'm not mad.

On confidence, I think I was entirely justified in my confidence, and that my post last night cycle set out why.

Hmmm... Araris, your point on Orlok is interesting, and my paranoia means I can't fully trust Orlok on anything. However, looking back, Orlok's been fairly suspicious of Terminal since more or less Cycle 1, which leads me to believe this isn't just Orlok bussing a team-mate, unless he really planned ahead. As such, I think it's better to try and vote for those who are far more likely to be guilty by association with Terminal, which, in particular, means Rathmaskal, for seeming to at first bus his teammate, and then turn around and try to save him when they realise they can tie the vote.

As for my praise vote, Araris does seem to be very villagery this game. He's more active than I generally remember, but that's something that should be encouraged.

Wyrm's writeup with the death of Terminal briefly scared me - the way it was suggested that the Spikes may have been implanted as a device to frame Terminal made me really paranoid about the existence of some kind of 'framer' role like from ToS, but I got confirmation from Wyrm that there are no secret roles or alignments, which is a relief. (Jon, that also means that there isn't a role that could have caused Elandara's death - it must have happened naturally.)

Shqueeves' post Night 4 is interesting - they barely contribute in the thread, but then they ask in the Night turn whether there are still tineyes around, meaning he's presumably active in PM's. That could be a sign of an Eliminator trying to avoid posting alignment indicative posts in thread, though that's probably just my paranoid brain. @Shqueeves - do you have any thoughts on the game right now? Who's your top suspicion?

Sorry for my thoughts being kind of all over the place - it sometimes feels like I can be active, coherent, or accurate, but never, ever, all three at once.

1 hour ago, Young Bard said:

Hmmm... Araris, your point on Orlok is interesting, and my paranoia means I can't fully trust Orlok on anything. However, looking back, Orlok's been fairly suspicious of Terminal since more or less Cycle 1, which leads me to believe this isn't just Orlok bussing a team-mate, unless he really planned ahead. As such, I think it's better to try and vote for those who are far more likely to be guilty by association with Terminal, which, in particular, means Rathmaskal, for seeming to at first bus his teammate, and then turn around and try to save him when they realise they can tie the vote.

I'll admit that I probably didn't play this the best and should have just made sure there was a lynch (I had missed that part of the rules when I read through)...but your interpretation of the interaction doesn't capture what actually happened.  I'm not sure how you could interpret my action as bussing at all - I was voted on to tie up the lynch vote.  I responded by voting on Meta to put him in the lead since that was what the vote count allowed for, after warning him I would do so.  He changed his vote last minute...and I acted accordingly. 

I also find it kind of funny that my vote specifically is being called into question when the leading vote count was 2...and only half the people voted.  Given, it was a couple of vote changes right around rollover, but basically you're punishing me for being active?

Also, unless I'm missing something, the first time Orlok mentioned Meta was in evening cycle 3...  Not sure if you're trying to misrepresent something here or if you're mixing Orlok and Steel up (Steel did seem to be onto Meta fairly early on)  In fact, given the timing of Orlok becoming critical of Meta, it could easily be a bus.

In general, this paragraph seems to misrepresent a lot that's gone on in this thread.

Edit: I triple checked...I didn't miss anything in thread - Orlok didn't mention Meta until Evening cycle 3...Meta mentioned Orlok a few times, but not the other way around

Edited by Rathmaskal
Confirmation

It's been a few hours and I'm sure a few more people have made it through the thread, so please excuse the double-post (assuming I don't get ninja'ed) but I figure it's necessary in this situation.  I've been scrolling through the thread for any mention of or by Meta through the lynch (lots of false positives with metagame and metals here, but fortunately that's easy to ignore).

• D1 - Meta put a poke vote on Xino and posts concern over Orlok getting praise vote - probably NAI, but sometimes as an elim, you find it easier to put a poke vote on a fellow elim.
  • D1 - Meta holds poke vote on Xino after Xino posts "If that's alright"...interesting
  • D1 - Meta hops on CadCom bandwagon (last one to vote for CadCom) - not much here - actually missed my window of what I was looking for in the D1 lynch
  • N1 - Young Bard mentions that Xino, Elandera, and Meta bandwagoned onto the CadCom lynch.  Mentions that Snip was a factor in determining whether they were elim or not - decent point here...actually made it easier to hide potentially when Snip was killed and flipped village.  Honestly, this is a decent explanation for why Snip was killed so soon.
  • N1 - Meta post lamenting the CadCom kill
  • D2 - Araris is curious why Meta was concerned with Orlok getting praise votes
  • D2 - Meta defends concern about Orlok by noting that he is an experienced player...also uses that as an excuse for jumping on the CadCom bandwagon without much reasoning (and defends Elandera and Xino in the process)
  • D2 - Meta provides more commentary on CadCom lynch - notes that 'the elims probably would have just let it happen' with Snip also being village...could have been just self defense...or could have been defending others as well.  Again, points as Fifth and Devotary as the driving forces.  Also puts something akin to a poke vote on Ark with a 'likely to change' comment afterwards
  • D2 - Meta votes on Fifth, likely in an attempt to pocket me (I had an odd read on Fifth at this point as well...so this was a good move to gain some trust from me)
  • D2 - Steel vote on Meta largely for the previous post
  • D2 - Meta asks for clarification on Steel's suspicion
  • D2 - Steel notes to Meta that it's mostly a gut read (good gut!)
  • N2 - No activity related to Meta
  • D3 - Araris notes that Meta/Ark could both be elims due to Meta voting on Ark, then retracting once there were other votes.
  • D3 - Meta defends change from Ark as noted in original post (confirmed).  Also, Meta soft-clears Elandera (Another attempt to pocket?)
  • D3 - Ark claims to be suspicious of Meta due to the activity Araris noted previously - this was the second vote on Meta - no bandwagon had really started yet - this is the first thing that Ark has done that clearly reads village to me.  (I think the next analysis needs to be Ark to see how much suspicion comes from gameplay vs. what Meta did)
  • D3 - Meta notes to Ark that the vote is kind of unfounded because Meta was defending Ark (another attempt to pocket?) - second Ark-related thing that reads village to me
  • D3 - Ark retracts vote from Meta (and votes on Elandera) - not much reasoning here...actually reads fairly elim given where Meta flipped
  • D3 - Meta defends the fact that Elandera was at least soft-cleared.
  • D3 - Fifth agrees with Meta's assessment of Elandera
  • D3 - Steel votes on Meta
  • D3 - Gancho votes on Ark and praises Meta
  • D3 - Meta votes on Fifth for potentially being elim due to the late votes on Itiah the day before...then switches to me for self-preservation
  • D3 - I tell Meta that I will have to vote for him if he keeps the vote on me...
  • D3 - Meta switches to Orlok
  • D3 - I switch off Meta (admittedly bad choice)
  • N3 - Meta asks about coin flips on ties, basically, why no one was lynched

*Break here since I have to go to a meeting...expecting to be ninja'ed*

*Hmm, that was a short meeting...hope to get this done before the next one...doesn't look like any ninjas though*

• N3 - Meta comments that Orlok vote was only self-preservation - note Xino, Jondesu, Elandera, and Ark would all have provided similar results
  • N3 - Furamirionind asks about Ark not voting on Meta
  • N3 - Orlok would "...bet quite a lot on Metaterminal and Rathmaskal being evil."
  • N3 - Orlok outlines case against Meta (and me to some degree...with a sprinkling of Elandera mixed in) (Also clears Araris, Steel, and Fifth)
  • N3 - Araris notes that Orlok's clears should be dependent on Meta flipping elim
  • N3 - Meta defends against Orlok's post
  • D4 - Orlok votes on Meta
  • D4 - Furamirionind votes on Meta
  • D4 - Steel votes on Meta

*Had to go to another meeting...looks like no ninjas still unless the website just isn't loading them since I've had this window open so long*

• D4 - Elandera not as suspicious of Meta as of Jondesu
  • D4 - Ark votes on Meta
  • D4 - Araris notes we don't need more votes on Meta..yes, we had 4 votes on Meta at this point, but this is actually the first thing I think I've seen in thread that reads Araris.elim
  • D4 - Meta mentions that there doesn't seem to be anything suspicious in the lynch against him.
  • D4 - Xino pops (Yes, I'm using that word on purpose) in to voice suspicion against Orlok...but note that Orlok does have valid points against Meta...seems kind of bussy...
  • D4 - Elandera notes that Meta does seem to be a bit odd...but ends up voting on Orlok as seeming more suspicious
  • D4 - I note that since I haven't posted this cycle yet, I've kind of been put into a catch-22 if Meta flips elim - whether I vote or don't on Meta, it'll be viewed as an elim move
  • D4 - Fuamirionid basically just changes praise vote from Orlok to Araris...but notes that the Meta flip will give good information on Orlok, Steel, and Araris
  • D4 - Elandera swaps vote from Orlok to Meta to help avoid vote manip affecting lynch

*Wow, lost internet connection in my office now...delay #3...hope this doesn't last too long*

• D4 - I vote on Meta, noting I don't necessarily agree with it
  • D4 - Xino votes on Meta
  • D4 - Meta posts a fun RP death post

Some summary points:

• Meta has several situations where it seems like he's bussing...it's just a matter of who
  • Ark has an interesting story line here...like I said, I want to do one on Ark as well, because I think a lot of the suspicion there may have to do with Meta's interactions with Ark
  • Orlok seems pretty squeaky clean here...almost too clean.
  • Araris has that one post that really rubs me the wrong way.
  • And finally, as I've mentioned before, I see a lot of reason to distrust Xino

Whew, sorry for the long post.  Meta has been extremely active this game.

I have been working on a post on Ark for... A while.  However, I have a lot of homework to do tonight so I dont think I will be able to have it done tonight... I may be wrong though.

Quick summary so far, I started off 99% sure Ark was elim, now I am maybe more like 75%.  But I am still not finished.

*note, percentages are not significant beyond making the point that I am slightly less suspicios of Ark than when I started, but still very suspicious.

There are a couple points where I cant tell if Meta is being genuine, or just trying to pocket Ark.  Thats my struggle.

Edited by Furamirionind

Badadah, you addressed only one of the concerns I had.  Which I something that I mention in my post at the moment.

Purely saying you arent an elim, I dont find convincing.  If I ask you about 4 things that I interpret to imply you might be an elim, and then you only acnolage one of those 4 things... There is now a fifth thing that I would find you suspicious for.

Edit: you explained why you voted for Snipexe.  I dont like your explanation, but it is an fine one time excuse.  You didnt address address or say you would address any of my other concerns.  You have now done that both publically and in PMs.

If you offer a public response to my post from (day 4 I think) about you, I may take my vote off you.

Edited by Furamirionind

Sorry, it was from evening 3.  Though I also sent it to you in the PM.  I also rephrased it there in a much better way I think.

I am a bit concerned by your vote on Elandera. You joined the vote on Snipexe turn 1 even though the vote in the first place was just a poke, and wrote it off as inexperience.  When questioned on this vote with (IMO) a good counter, you defended it.
Again, you then voted on Elandera for the assassinate vote, you did this after everyone seemed to be "soft" clearing her.  They shared their reasons why they soft cleared her, but you didn't share any as to why you still think she is guilty.  This also happened after several people had said that they were mildly suspicious of Meta, but before many votes had been cast.  I could see this as an attempt to clear Meta from being voted on if you are both spiked. 
You also have only posted 4 (i think) game related posts.  2 of which all you did was cast a vote, 1 defending by saying you are copying other people's votes, and 1 amending your votes. Do you have any thoughts on this?

If you want to insted just use the PM though as a guide of what info from you I am looking for, it is probably easier to understand.

Also, you dont need to share what you told me in PMs publically. (Though you can if you want of course).  So just skip the first point.

Edited by Furamirionind

11 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

I am a bit concerned by your vote on Elandera. You joined the vote on Snipexe turn 1 even though the vote in the first place was just a poke, and wrote it off as inexperience.  When questioned on this vote with (IMO) a good counter, you defended it.
Again, you then voted on Elandera for the assassinate vote, you did this after everyone seemed to be "soft" clearing her.  They shared their reasons why they soft cleared her, but you didn't share any as to why you still think she is guilty.  This also happened after several people had said that they were mildly suspicious of Meta, but before many votes had been cast.  I could see this as an attempt to clear Meta from being voted on if you are both spiked. 
You also have only posted 4 (i think) game related posts.  2 of which all you did was cast a vote, 1 defending by saying you are copying other people's votes, and 1 amending your votes. Do you have any thoughts on this?

My vote for Elandra was a combination of a gut read and a poke vote. It was nothing to do with Meta.

You post relatively consistently twice a cycle, once per day, once per night, showing activity.  However your posts are typically between 1 and 3 lines and offer no insight as to you.  It seems weird to me that you make an effort to appear active, yet don't actually add to the discussion.

you posted that you were upset you have yet to be an elim. That is a rather strange statement to have made on your second SE game. (I am not counting LG49 as it was untraditional.  Though you technically were an elim in 49.)

I really dont have time to interagate you.  I need to do my homework.

Sorry, I don't want this post to sound aggressive, but I really do have a lot I need to do in real life.

Edited by Furamirionind

Well, current vote count:

Lynch:
Ark (3) - Jondesu, Furamirionind
Xino (1) - Rath
Rath (2) - Ark, Young Bard
Orlok (1) - Araris

Praise:
Araris (3) - Jondesu, Rath
Young Bard (2) - Ark, Araris
A Joe in the Bush (1) - Furamirionind

Edited by Rathmaskal
Influential

6 minutes ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

Rathmaskal, Araris. Rathmaskal's attempts to cast doubt on me this cycle "..almost too clean", primarily, read as insincere and an indirect attack to me.

I wouldn't say it was an indirect attack on you.  I would say it was actually fairly direct commentary on the fact that you had virtually no interaction with Meta until you decided to vote on him.  If it had been buried in the rest of the post, I would agree on indirect...but I purposely had it in the summary to point out that fact.

Since there are 4 people actively looking here, I'll post again, sorry, I'd edit, but I'm sure it would be a ninja edit.

But using this as your reasoning for voting on me actually seems very insincere (to use your word) as you seemed to have made up your mind on lynching me a cycle or two ago...  I believe the quote was, "After we lynch Meta and Rathmaskal"

Orlok/Bard/Bard I remain somewhat convinced that Orlok is an elim. I'm also significantly more suspicious of Ark than Rathmaskal. Nobody else seems too concerned that Orlok was one of two people that knew Steel was a Lurcher, barring an elim seeker. If we lynch Ark and he flips elim, then I think Orlok would be a very good next lynch. If Ark flips village then I'll have to think some more. Maybe the Coinshot could be active and kill someone that we find suspicious but don't lynch? Please?

Edited by Araris Valerian

For the sake of not wasting all the time I put into this, I am going to post this anyway.  I personally don't think it changes much, but perhaps others disagree?

Ok, First thing, when reading this post, please keep in mind that I started it right after Rath's second post. So I have been working on it off and on for ~14 hours. I also wanted to post it before I went to bed, so this probably isn't quite as well put together as I originally intended it to be.  I am also nervous that with how late it is, if I keep editing it, I may just make this post worse.  I am also going to put my conclusions at the top of my post because... I feel like it. And am tired.  I don't need good reasons if I am tired. : )

My conclusion on Ark is... He is a Jester.  Except... I don't think jesters are in this game as a role. Which makes this much more difficult.
Village-Ark... Just doesn't make sense to me.  Avoiding questions.  Attempts to draw attention away that actually draws more attention? These are all working against the village.
Elim-Ark would make sense if and only if he is a thug I think.  Draw as much attention to him to avoid attention being drawn to others.  That way if the village decided to lynch him, it wastes an entire day for the village to do so. (or entire cycle in our case with the lack of coinshot)

And I would be convinced on him being elim if Meta hadn't said, "not inactive, persay, but holding back"... But now I regret putting the conclusion at the top, as you haven't read that part yet... Sorry.

Cycle 1 Ark: 

My vote is on Snipexe/Orlok Tsubodai. I don't exactly have the msot accurate opinion, I've only been in two SE games, but that is my vote.

Snipexe replied with a counter to Ark's vote, pointing out he had no reason to vote on Snipexe.

Then Fifth:

Ark, why are you voting for them? In particular, I find it off-putting that you copied my exact vote. If you are following my lead, an admission of such would be appreciated; if not, what are your own reasons for picking these players? 

Ark wrote both of these things off as a gut read in-thread, and didn't retract the vote.  However, I don't understand how you can have a read (gut or otherwise) on someone who literally just posted saying they would post a little later in the day.

I PMed Ark and am not happy with the answer I got as to why he chose this vote. But for the moment, I guess I can write this instance off as beginner tenancies/not having time...

Devotary expressed concern over Ark during day 1.  Though they did retract their vote from Ark by the end of the day.  The two players that expressed concern about Ark during cycle 1, both died cycle 1.  Probably a coincidence, but something that I think should be noted anyway.

Cycle 2 Ark:

Ark quickly joins the bandwagon on Itiah after Jondesu starts the votes and Orlok agrees.

Itiah seems suspicious, he keeps going in, saying he doesn't have time to vote, then giving us reasons to do things.
I will take that vote away if he gives me evidence against it.

I think the reasoning behind this vote seems fine.  But the timing of it is interesting.

Meta had his vote on Ark, but then Gancho and Elandera both voted on him, and Meta retracted saying:

Right now, I’m mostly just getting an inexperienced vibe from Ark - not inactive, persay, but holding back. It’s entirely possible that they are elim, but it is always harder to tell.

I don't know exactly what to think of this as it could either be Meta pulling out of the vote, realizing that elim-Ark actually might get lynched, or it could be he was trying to imply that he was pulling out to give us the impression of the above.  The part that makes me most uncertain are the words "but holding back".  This really sounds to me that Meta may have been trying to set up Ark.  And so far is the only significant defense I have found for Ark. (other than being a jester)

Once again, Elandera said something against Ark, and got targeted... This is starting to get weird as people who speak up against Ark seem at this point keep being attacked.  It would be a strange pattern for elims to have.

Cycle 3 Ark:

Just want to say, I'm not an elim. I never have been, which actually annoys me.
I am suspicious of Meta though, as the above moves seem almost like he was trying to put suspicion on me.

Ark, I have been told this is your 3rd game.  One of which was LG49, which was nontraditional. You are annoyed out of the two games you have played you haven't gotten to be an elim? There will always be a less than 50% chance of being randomly picked to be an elim, as there will be more villagers than elims.  This statement just seems weird to me.

But Fifth's death breaks the cycle of people Targeting Ark dying.

Cycle 4 Ark:

I, with everyone else, am voting for MetaTerminal, and regret withdrawing my vote last time. I will again put my praize on Orlok Tsubodai.

I don't think this post means anything. Meta was pretty much going to die regardless, so elim-Ark would want to seem like a villager and vote on Meta.  Village-Ark would also likely vote.  The apology is just that, an apology.  There is no reasoning or anything behind it.

Steeldancer said this:

I do not trust Rathmaskal or Ark. If the coinshot would be willing to kill one of those tonight, that would be nice. I'll probably vote on Ark tomorrow, all things considered.

This is one of the few posts about Ark we received confirmation on, as we got the response:

I'm offended. I am currently suspicious of Rathmaskal, but either way, YAY WE KILLED A SPIKED!

However, this post doesn't do anything to address or question Steel's post. Instead, if anything, it blows off the comment and then tried to redirect attention to someone else... Now my biggest issue is that this post almost seems half-hearted to me...

Steeldancer then... was killed.  Though I doubt this has to do with his comment on Ark, as I posted a much more aggressive post towards Ark that same cycle.

Cycle 5 Ark:

I'm suspicious of Rathmaskal, for the same reasons people had in the previous cycles. Jondesu, why are you suspicious of me? For praise, I'm currently not suspicous of Young Bard, so I'll go for him.

A couple things:

• By voting early in the cycle, you avoid the appearance of joining a bandwagon.  Something you have done in earlier turns. Yet by voting on Rath, someone else who has a large argument for his lynch, you would bring the attention again away from you, and to him.
  • Asking why someone is suspicious of you, while as of that moment, having not addressed any questions directed at you truthfully, is kind of funny to me.  I would think that you would want to minimize the amount of back and forth needed to clear you, and start by addressing issues already in thread.
  • You are not suspicious of Bard? I am suspicious of anyone I do not have explicit reason to trust.  There is current reason to trust Orlok and Araris, even if they don't trust each other.  I personally do not think there is a similar reason to trust Bard.  If I have missed something though, I would more than welcome being corrected.

Lastly, I feel like you were intentionally making it difficult to get information out of you a couple hours ago.  Perhaps I am wrong and you were just really busy IRL.  Though if that were the case, I would have appreciated you telling me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh yeah... And does this count as being ninja'd by Rath, Fura, Ark, Orlok, and Araris? : )

This isn't quite as definitive, or probably as helpful as Orlok's analysis... But its something.

I don't think I will be on much until after rollover.  Though I will be able to read posts, just not post anything substantial myself.

Edited by Furamirionind
Clarification

I have run out of time. Again. It is unlikely I will be able to get on and vote this cycle. I am suspicious of Rath and Ark, and approve the lynch of one of them. Don't let there be a tie, though.

I still feel suspicious of Orlok, for whatever reason, but I think this might just be the way they play.

The turn is over, but the next Night won't begin quite yet - I've had a bit of a family crisis appear out of nowhere (things are okay now), and haven't been able to do rollover. The Turn will begin tomorrow instead (which is fine, as Mondays are always awkward anyway).

Image2.JPG

Evening Edition 5

The Elendel Daily

Newsworthy Content for Every Octant!

The 27th of Doxil, 68, Evening

Price 2 Clips

Critics SLAM Elendel-Focused Policies

In a meeting this afternoon, Governor Wilson finalized the agreement that would see extra money dedicated to the new dredging policies to clear up the canal. This financing was to be drawn from the transportaiton budget, which is normally used for building new infrastructure between Elendel and the outlying cities and towns within the basin. In particular, representatives of New Seran condemned the policy for 'funneling yet more money into Elendel at the expense of everywhere else'.

It has long been a condemnation of the government that they focus on the city and not so much other areas of civilisation, but they have always responded that it 'makes more sense to spend in Elendel, where it can reach the greatest number of people in the most efficient way'. As the population of Elendel dwarfs that of other cities, they say, more money should be spend there rather than elsewhere.

New Seran's representative, Lord Shore, was disappointed to hear of the allocation of funding. 'This is simply typical of self-centered, 'big city thinking', where they simply do not understand the hardships of life outside the walls of Elendel. They do not care that we had food shortages last year, because they don't have to suffer them. They don't care that the cities out there are getting poorer and poorer, and that Elendel drains the life and youth from them to sustain itself. There are hundreds of examples of young people coming to Elendel with the hope of a better life, only to find themselves on the streets, unwanted. And Elendel does nothing to help!'

This angry outburst comes after the death of one 'Aniah Arkwood', a young girl from the roughs that reportedly came to seek her fortune in the City, like so many others before her. Her story is both common and unique. She arrived in Elendel some time within the last month, hoping to make use of a connection to House Heron to find work. Any work found this way would have been of a far better quality than would be found in the roughs, and it is speculated that she may have desired to send money back to support her family. While she did not initially succeed in this, her connection meant that she was present at the meeting between House Heron and the potential heirs to Lord Heron, which led to her becoming involved in the chaos currently being wreaked on Elendel by the Spiked cult. Unfortunately, this proved to be a fatal decision for her to make, and her body was found earlier this afternoon, another victim of the allure and violence of Elendel.

In response to the accusations of an Elendel-focused government, the Governor hastily announced that plans would be drawn up to create a transit system between Elendel and cities such as New Seran. He stated that this might make use of the 'railroad' system devised by House Heron to transport goods, and that he was interested to see how House Hasting's steam engine could be applied to it to create horseless transportation systems moving at great speed without a need to stop to change or rest horses and drivers. House Izenry has claimed that such a move would be unthinkably dangerous, while House Hasting has welcomed the opportunity to collaborate with the Governor on this project.

House Heron declined to comment on the death of Miss Arkwood.

Garrik Urbain

Commercial Advertisements

Spoiler

Lord Dibbleworth XIII's Good Grub Guide

Hungry, but don't know what for?

Curious about that new place that opened up just down the road?

Our Guide has reviews from expert gastronomes, helping YOU choose where to eat.

Public Opinions on House Hasting's Steam Engine

We have collected some opinions from House Hasting's recent demonstration:

'It's very loud, isn't it? I can't even hear what you're asking!'

'Harmony, you'd choke the city to death with that much smoke!'

'It won't even take me to my door, I'll still have to walk home!'

Ladies and gentlemen, you know it makes sense to hire a carriage.

Advertisement by Izenry Carriageworks

Obituary

Spoiler

Dream. Never stop dreaming. If you see this I died. And I am dreaming the final dream, the eternal dream. Please. Just don't stop dreaming. Remember me.

Previous Editions

Other Headlines This Evening 

Spoiler

Imperial News – Governor is 'Floundering' to Remain in Control, Councillors Claim

The Hazekiller – Governor Scrambles to Find Funding For Transporting Porpoises

New Allomancer – House Heron and JIT: Why Speed Matters

The Financial Broadsheet – Lord Dibbleworth XIII Seeks Investors For Restaurant Chain

The Copper Star – 'This Means War!' Says New Seran Official

Aniah Arkwood/Ark1002 was a Noble!

Araris Valerian/Ookla the Curmudgeonly is Influential the next Day.

Night 5 has begun! It will end at 7PM GMT on Sunday 18th November.

The number of Tineyes alive is both nonzero and positive, so PMs may continue to be sent.

Assassinate Votes

Spoiler

Aniah Arkwood/Ark1002 (5): Quintus/Jondesu, Ookla the Curmudgeonly/Araris Valerian, Lord Flamingo/Rathmaskal, Furamirionid Yuln'Broael/Furamirionid

Lord Flamingo/Rathmaskal (3): Jendred/Young Bard, George RD Mackleberry/Gancho Libre, Locke Tekiel/Orlok Tsubodai, Aniah Arkwood/Ark1002

Praise Votes

Spoiler

Ookla the Curmudgeonly/Araris Valerian (6): Quintus/Jondesu, Lord Flamingo/Rathmaskal, Jendred/Young Bard, George RD Mackleberry/Gancho Libre, Locke Tekiel/Orlok Tsubodai

Jendred/Young Bard (1): Ookla the Curmudgeonly/Araris Valerian, Aniah Arkwood/Ark1002

Sabine Seidel/A Joe in the Bush (1): Furamirionid Yuln'Broael/Furamirionid

Total Influence

Spoiler

Ookla the Curmudgeonly/Araris Valerian: 10

Quintus/Jondesu: 6

Locke Tekiel/Orlok Tsubodai: 6

Jendred/Young Bard: 4

Sabine Seidel/A Joe in the Bush: 2

Burrsir/Coop772: 1

Tomir Izenry/Aonar Faileas: 1

Player List

Spoiler
  1. xinoehp512 - Eviterces, a person of unknown quality. Why would they hide themselves like this?
  2. I think I am here. - Itiah XII. What happened to the other eleven? Rioter
  3. Fifth Scholar - Count Olaf, an old vassal that once was under the influence of Ruin. Ruin is gone, but what's to stop him falling under evil influence again? Noble
  4. Jondesu - Quintus, an old hat at situations like this. Makes you wonder how he lived through them to tell the tale...
  5. Elandera - Avi, a person who has no idea what an Ookla Season is. Is that the truth, or are they perhaps lying? Thug
  6. Araris Valerian - Ookla the Curmudgeonly, an old man with a stern face. Perhaps evil is concealed within that stony visage.
  7. Cadmium Compounder - Miumounder, also known as CadCom. Why would someone need two names? Soother
  8. Young Bard - Jendred, eighth son, and thus unimportant. You can probably ignore him.
  9. Gancho Libre - George R.D. Mackleberry. Never trust a man with two middle initials.
  10. Orlok Tsubodai - Locke Tekiel, named for a ruler of Fadrex City, beloved by all. This character is different in two regards.
  11. Steeldancer - Ookla of Squids. (This is getting out of hand, now there are two of them) Lurcher
  12. Rathmaskal - Lord Flamingo, flamboyant and fond of hopping.
  13. Snipexe - Snip Exeutor, has stopped working. Noble
  14. Coop772 - Burrsir, too cool for school.
  15. Shqueeves - Ookla That Watches, definitely a Tineye.
  16. Furamirionid - Furamirionid Yuln'Broael, Fura to his friends (if he has any).
  17. Aonar Faileas - Tomir Izenry, only here for the money.
  18. A Joe in the Bush - Sabine Seidel, of questionable sanity.
  19. Ark1002 - Aniah Arkwood, from the roughs. Sticks out like a sore thumb in these fancy settings. Noble
  20. Nohadon - Severance Greed, greedy by name, greedy by repeated examples of taking more than his fair share throughout his life.
  21. MetaTerminal - The Immortal Kalfaix, a travelling magician. You can't trust these out-of-towners... Spiked
  22. Devotary of Spontaneity - Tessona, a Sliverist, but assuredly maybe probably not one of the bad guys. Noble

Edited by Wyrmhero