Long Game 50: News of My Demise

Wyrmhero

I don't see a situation where I could affect the outcome of this vote...  I don't agree with Meta as a lynch target overall.  If I'm wrong, great.  As such, I'll join in the Meta/Jondesu train today to help prevent any vote manipulation from affecting the outcome and causing another tie.

I haven't been able to review the thread nearly as much as I would like, but I probably won't be able to get on for the rest of the cycle. Metaterminal, I think, is a good target not only for their suspicious behavior, but for the information they will provide. Metaterminal/Elandera

He saw it first in his tea leaves. The art of prediction was a subtle one - the angled points towards the centre indicated impending danger, but the reversed spike meant awareness. Someone, perhaps several someones, were planning to kill him today.

At first Kalfaix was paranoid. He kept away from the shadows - when performing to urchins or nobles, he kept a careful eye on every member of the crowd. But there were too many people to keep track of. Soon, he knew, he would slip up, and drink a poisoned drink, or feel the cold metal of a knife between his shoulderblades. The last sensation he would ever feel. It scared him - and as dusk approached, he could not stop the impending sense of dread. What would happen when the Immortal Kalfaix, the Survivorist, who claimed to have conquered death itself, died? Would they see him as a sham? He would never know.

Perhaps that was why Harmony did not allow men to know their date of death. It blackened the hours leading up to it - every joyful moment, every smile, was put on edge by the knowledge that he might not do it again. Kalfaix tried to smile the rest of the day, prove that wrong, but it came out like a grimace. Not knowing your death was the ultimate form of blissful ignorance.

He wondered why they would kill him, but supposed it didn’t really matter.

Now, as the sun began to claw at the horizon, he knew the end was near. Someone in this crowd had prepared something. A special brand of death for a special brand of person. Kalfaix hoped he would go out fighting, like he had so long claimed he would. But maybe it was better to go peacefully.

He stared at his palm. Not to read it, but to observe the sweat pooling there. The shaking fingers. When you believed you were immortal, you never really got used to mortality. He claimed he had conquered death - but he had just ignored it, his entire life, until it was right behind him and gripping his shoulders. Perhaps that was why Kalfaix had moved, from place to place, for so long. To outrun the black hound chasing him. But no one could run forever. Not from this.

Kalfaix wasn’t ready. Not yet. But you had to make the most of the time you had - now, he wished he had. Might as well start now. As the sun went down, he composed himself. Stilled his shaking hands, and thought. What emotion would he die with?

He settled on hope.

He hoped that he would go out fighting. He could not stop death - but he wouldn’t make it easy for them, whoever it was. The man with the scales, deciding fates? Perhaps it was foolish madness to disobey. He hoped he would do it anyway.

He hoped that they would remember him as he was, with a card raised to the sky and magic on his lips, with a cheering crowd below him. A swirling river, his childhood, three juggling balls arcing to the heavens. In the last day, he had been a husk of a man in a black shawl, fearing for his life. He hoped they would remember his greatness, and not his terror.

He hoped there was an afterlife. He would find out soon enough.

Those moments were gone, now. Memories lost.

Time to die.

-

So I don’t think there’s much suspicious about the lynch against me, although it sort of killed discussion. (Keep activity up, people!) It’s a little frustrating that on the most part people aren’t engaging with my arguments, but I don’t think it’s unfair that I will be lynched. More information to the village.

In regards to Orlok’s playstyle; you’re fine. It’s not an issue. The case against me was excellently outlined, and these last cycles have been pretty fun for me anyway.

No point voting now, I suppose. I’m interested to see the process for death.

Evening Edition 4

The Elendel Daily

Newsworthy Content for Every Octant!

The 26th of Doxil, 68, Evening

Price 2 Clips

Governor Wilson Confirms Death of Spiked Murderer

The Elendel Daily is able to report that one of the Spiked murderers that have been plaguing Elendel this past week has been killed.

Named as one 'Kalfaix', ostensibly a travelling magician, his body was discovered in an alleyway by Izenry Ironworks' Factory, along the 5th-6th Canal. He had been stabbed through the neck, and the Spike embedded within his body had been removed and placed upon his lap, in what Constables are calling 'a mockery of justice'.

"We must remember," said Inspector Alvern at a conference this afternoon, "that regardless of the identity of the killed individual, murder is still murder. It is not the duty of the public, or even the constabulary, to enact judgement upon individuals. Any punishment must come from a court of law, empowered by the city and its peoples to make judgement after a fair and thorough hearing of all facts involved within a case. While the end result would have still been an execution, there is a vast gulf of difference between the state doing so, and a vigilante who has neither all the facts of the case, nor the authority of the city behind them."

In response to a question of whether the individual was one of the murderers within the city, the Inspector stated that "a corpse alone does not provide evidence either way." He then continued when pressed further, saying, "we have no evidence that this individual has killed anyone, nor whether they are in fact a hemalurgist. It is indeed possible that the Spike was forced upon him, rather than him choosing it. Unfortunately, with his death, we cannot question the individual - another reason as to why this is such an unfortunate end to this particular case."

When asked whether there were more out there, the Inspector gave a nod. "We believe there are a few more individuals out there, but unfortunately we have little to go on. We will be conducting a thorough search of Kalfaix' belongings and the lodgings he was using within the city to find any information we can that might lead to the arrest of others."

The final question asked was whether he believed there was a connection to the poor health of Lord Heron, and the so-called 'contest' to find these Spiked individuals.

"While we have no evidence for that," he replied, "at this point in our investigation it would be unwise to rule anything out."

House Heron has declined to comment.

Garrik Urbain

Commercial Advertisements

Spoiler

What Elendel Needs Now is STRENGTH AND STABILITY

People of Elendel, what Councillor Jernaq would have you do now is madness!

With murders loose in our fair city, this is no time for selfish dreams of power.

What we need to focus on is FIXING our problems, not electing some Governor of Greed!

Governor Wilson

The Dangers of Uncontrolled Propulsion

Ladies and Gentlemen, would you drive a carriage by lighting a fire under the horse?

You should have no time for such nonsense!

And even if such speeds were obtained, the journey would be UNSAFE and UNCOMFORTABLE.

House Izenry stands for TRADITION, STYLE and LUXURY.

Book your next carriage TODAY.

Obituaries

Spoiler

A great man once said that they would live forever, or die trying. Kalfaix took this very much to heart. As a true Survivorist, even if he did not outlive this tragedy, they will be remembered for what they have done. Who can forget his mind reading powers performed on the streets of New Seran? Or his performance of the famous Transported Man? Or even that time he walked across the Irongate River unaided?

In any case, this remarkable trickster will be renowned throughout the ages. Some have called him a charlatan - but that is overlooking his remarkable ability to perform to an audience. And perhaps it is too much to hope that someday, another magician will be able to rival his ability. May the Survivor meet him in the afterlife.

Previous Editions

Other Headlines This Evening 

Spoiler

Imperial News – Deceased Visitor to Elendel was Spiked

The Daily Council – Spiked Found Dead, Governor Claims Credit

New Allomancer – House Hastings Promises 'New Era' of Transportation

The Financial Broadsheet – Body Identified as Lord Dibbleworth XII, Next-of-Kin Sought

The Copper Star – 10 Secrets to Spot Someone Has Been Spiked

The Immortal Kalfaix/MetaTerminal was a Spiked!

Quintus/Jondesu is Influential during the next Day.

Night 4 has begun! It will end at 7PM GMT on Wednesday 14th November.

There are a nonzero number of Tineyes in this game, so PMs may be resumed.

Assassinate Votes

Spoiler

MetaTerminal (8): Eviterces/xinoehp512, Avi/Elandera, Locke Tekiel/Orlok Tsubodai, Ookla of Squids/Steeldancer, Lord Flamingo/Rathmaskal, Furamirionid Yuln'Broael/Furamirionid, Aniah Arkwood/Ark1002

Burrsir/Coop772 (1): Severance Greed/Nohadon

Aniah Arkwood/Ark1002 (1): George RD Mackleberry/Gancho Libre

Praise Votes

Spoiler

Quintus/Jondesu (3): Avi/Elandera, Lord Flamingo/Rathmaskal

Ookla the Curmudgeonly/Araris Valerian (3): Locke Tekiel, Orlok Tsubodai, Ookla of Squids/Steeldancer, Furamirionid Yuln'Broael/Furamirionid

Avi/Elandera (2): Eviterces/xinoehp512, Severance Greed/Nohadon

Locke Tekiel/Orlok Tsubodai (1): Aniah Arkwood/Ark1002

Aniah Arkwood/Ark1002 (1): George RD Mackleberry/Gancho Libre

Total Influence

Spoiler

Avi/Elandera: 8

Locke Tekiel/Orlok Tsubodai: 6

Quintus/Jondesu: 6

Ookla the Curmudgeonly/Araris Valerian: 4

Jendred/Young Bard: 3

Ookla of Squids/Steeldancer: 2

Sabine Seidel/A Joe in the Bush: 1

Tomir Izenry/Aonar Faileas: 1

Burrsir/Coop772: 1

Player List

Spoiler
  1. xinoehp512 - Eviterces, a person of unknown quality. Why would they hide themselves like this?
  2. I think I am here. - Itiah XII. What happened to the other eleven? Rioter
  3. Fifth Scholar - Count Olaf, an old vassal that once was under the influence of Ruin. Ruin is gone, but what's to stop him falling under evil influence again? Noble
  4. Jondesu - Quintus, an old hat at situations like this. Makes you wonder how he lived through them to tell the tale...
  5. Elandera - Avi, a person who has no idea what an Ookla Season is. Is that the truth, or are they perhaps lying?
  6. Araris Valerian - Ookla the Curmudgeonly, an old man with a stern face. Perhaps evil is concealed within that stony visage.
  7. Cadmium Compounder - Miumounder, also known as CadCom. Why would someone need two names? Soother
  8. Young Bard - Jendred, eighth son, and thus unimportant. You can probably ignore him.
  9. Gancho Libre - George R.D. Mackleberry. Never trust a man with two middle initials.
  10. Orlok Tsubodai - Locke Tekiel, named for a ruler of Fadrex City, beloved by all. This character is different in two regards.
  11. Steeldancer - Ookla of Squids. (This is getting out of hand, now there are two of them)
  12. Rathmaskal - Lord Flamingo, flamboyant and fond of hopping.
  13. Snipexe - Snip Exeutor, has stopped working. Noble
  14. Coop772 - Burrsir, too cool for school.
  15. Shqueeves - Ookla That Watches, definitely a Tineye.
  16. Furamirionid - Furamirionid Yuln'Broael, Fura to his friends (if he has any).
  17. Aonar Faileas - Tomir Izenry, only here for the money.
  18. A Joe in the Bush - Sabine Seidel, of questionable sanity.
  19. Ark1002 - Aniah Arkwood, from the roughs. Sticks out like a sore thumb in these fancy settings.
  20. Nohadon - Severance Greed, greedy by name, greedy by repeated examples of taking more than his fair share throughout his life.
  21. MetaTerminal - The Immortal Kalfaix, a travelling magician. You can't trust these out-of-towners... Spiked
  22. Devotary of Spontaneity - Tessona, a Sliverist, but assuredly maybe probably not one of the bad guys. Noble

Edited by Wyrmhero

Hah my gut was right all along. I'll never doubt you again gut... AG4 flashback intensifies... ok I'll trust you occasionally. Ok, I have some time for the next 2 hours, so I'm going to take some time to look over Meta's posts to see if there's anything else I can pull out of this. 

Well, that pretty much negates my entire post last cycle. @Orlok Tsubodai, you're now pretty solidly village in my book. While bussing is always a possibility, MetaTerminal's vote on you last day cycle to save himself makes that highly unlikely.

Speaking of which, there were other people who had votes at that time, so why specifically did he choose Orlok?

• Meta (2): Araris, Steeldancer
  • Elandera (1): Badadah (This was Ark, right?)
  • Jondesu (1): Fifth
  • Rathmaskal (2): Nohadon, Metaterminal
  • Ark (1): Gancho Libre
  • Xino (1): Rathmaskal
  • Fifth (0): Metaterminal
  • Orlok (1): Elandera

That was the vote count posted by Rathmaskal just prior to the last-minute voting. My vote on Orlok was the last one posted before MetaTerminal voted on Rath, so it's possible he just chose to side with the last vote he remembered. I believe this also slightly clears Rath, because MetaTerminal's vote was placed on him out of self-preservation as well, and was only removed as an incentive for Rath to remove their own vote. That could have been an elim plan, but the awkwardness of it doesn't feel contrived.

I believe it's possible there is an elim among the other people with only one vote: Elandera, Jondesu, Ark, and Xino. The last two I find most suspect. We haven't seen much from Xino to be able to analyse, and I'm still not sure what to think of Ark. I'm getting a good village feel on Jondesu after yesterday's review, and obviously I'm not suspicious of myself.

Ok. Now that Elandera posted these are my thoughts. 
I trust Araris. I mostly trust Orlok, there's always that little bit of me that wonders if he is playing me for a fool, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt here. I do not trust Rathmaskal or Ark. If the coinshot would be willing to kill one of those tonight, that would be nice. I'll probably vote on Ark tomorrow, all things considered.

Morning Edition 5

The Elendel Daily

Newsworthy Content for Every Octant!

The 27th of Doxil, 68, Morning

Price 2 Clips

Governor Announces Water Cleanliness Policies

This morning, the Elendel Fish Market was closed down for health and safety reasons, after it was discovered that the fish had ingested copious amounts of soot and dirt, and were declared unfit for human consumption. Not only this, but on the coast, fishers and other early-morning workers reported seeing large quantities of dead or dying fish and cephalopods. In light of this, Governor Wilson has announced that additional measures will be taken to clean up the canals within Elendel, and other city water sources.

After the Catacendre, we believed that dredging the canals every day would no long be a necessary task. The Ashmounts are gone, no longer required to keep humanity alive in the face of a bright and cruel, and thus Ashfalls no longer plague our skies, killing plants and clogging up rivers and streams. 

But, expert scientific witnesses have warned, we are creating our own ashfalls thanks to advancements in industry and technology. Factories often require water for their processes, which is often drawn from the canal. It is then later returned to the canal as waste water - which is usually unclean and full of dirt and dust and soot. It may not fall from the sky, but these waste products are filling our canals. Barge-owners have complained about water levels within the canals being too low at times to allow smooth progression, but it appears that the issue is not low water levels, but in fact high riverbed levels.

Currently, dredging is carried out on the canals infrequently to remove rubbish and debris from the waterbed. While previously this has been all that was required, with factory soot added to the canals, this is no longer enough, and it has been suggested that more frequent dredging would help alleviate this and speed up travel time on the rivers for larger boats. Studies have suggested that this water might be responsible for ill health and disease, particularly among those who obtain water directly from pumps within the city.

This morning, Governor Wilson announced a new dredging program, to be carried out monthly  to prevent this problem from reoccurring. This will be funded by an additional tax being levied on businesses using large amounts of public water sources for manufacturing, as well as requiring businesses to have a permit to do so. The Governor also announced a new committee to plan for long-term solutions to this problem, to prevent it from reoccurring.

Krea Erikeller

Commercial Advertisements

Spoiler

SoothSpinner's Parlour

What does YOUR FUTURE hold?

Should you take that new job? Ask that attractive co-worker out?

SoothSpinner is here to help!

Come in for a free glimpse of what is in store for you.

Closed on Tuesday, due to unforeseen circumstances.

Look to the Future!

Ladies and Gentlemen, House Izenry libels and demeans our good business!

Will you let THEIR fear hold YOU back?

House Hastings stands for PROGRESS and AMBITION.

Book a ticket for a demonstration of our Engine TODAY.

Personal Advertisements

Spoiler

Do not trust those who seem to be your allies. There is a strange wind tonight - I can sense a time of reckoning approaching soon. Question everything, take nothing for granted. Those who you most trust may hold secrets they do not wish you to know. This is is the only way we may survive the oncoming hours.

Rise up, people of Elendel! Throw out your overlords, and string them up! Your Union leaders are leeches, and must be crushed under our collective heel. Only through strong leadership, community, and respect for the institutions that serve you can we make a society that works for everyone.

Turn not from the hand that has nurtured and fed you. It seeks only to protect and guide your futures. Work with us, and through productivity and courage we will make everyone better off.

Turning now to my fellow Lords, we must not break in this hard time. We owe a responsibility to the Skaa that serve us to keep their interests in our minds, and not to allow the treachery of a few to undermine the lives of the rest. Cast out the unionists, and demonstrate without question our refusal to bend in the face of terrorists and saboteurs.

Obituaries

Spoiler

It is unfortunate to report that the Grand Ookla of Squids has been viciously dis-tentacled. He was born in the Trench of the Mantle, to very proud squid parents. He was highly intelligent, and quickly rose through the cephalopodian government. Eventually earning the title of Grand Ookla of the Order of the Fifth Tentacle, he was one of the greatest leaders of squidkind in known squidrian history. After being accidentally made into an allomancer during the Catacendre, he became the ambassador of sea-kind to the Lord Mistborn. At at least one point, some individuals attempted to make him into an inquisisquid, but the attempt failed when the allomantic squid fled from the scene. His favorite quote was, "[bubble and gurgle noises]." He has left his estate to his dear family, who have tossed him in a trench to be consumed by hungry whales and bottom feeders, as is the squidrian way. He will always be remembered for his advocacy for cephalopod rights, and the positive impact he left on the community in his wake. Whether a new Ookla will act as an ambassador to Elendel Basin is currently unknown. 

Avi Renault’s life is exemplified by her choice - despite her family’s wishes to inherit the family textile trade - to become a constable of the law. As a teenager, she left her loving family to pursue a degree in Criminal Justice at Elendel University. Soon after graduating, she was hired as a constable in the 5th Octant. She was recently promoted to homicide investigations, which unfortunately led to her demise.

From the time Avi was a child, she always wanted to help others, a trait she inherited from her mother. Unlike her mother, however, she liked a more adventurous lifestyle. She grew up fascinated by daring tales, though her father insisted the nanny stop reading to her - a suggestion which was promptly ignored.

Avi, 31, never married, much to the dismay of her mother who only wished the best for her daughter. She is survived by her loving parents and brother.

Previous Editions

Other Headlines This Evening 

Spoiler

Imperial News – Industry Blamed for Mass Wildlife Death

The Daily Council – Pewter Drag Claims Another Life

New Allomancer – Remove Industry From City, Suggests Think Tank

The Financial Broadsheet – Lord Dibbleworth XIII Named, Will Continue Father's Business Interests

The Copper Star – Can People Fly?

Ookla of Squids/Steeldancer was a Lurcher!

Avi/Elendara died from her injuries - She was a Thug.

Quintus/Jondesu is Influential this Day.

Day 5 has begun! It will end at 7PM GMT on Friday 16th November.

Player List

Spoiler
  1. xinoehp512 - Eviterces, a person of unknown quality. Why would they hide themselves like this?
  2. I think I am here. - Itiah XII. What happened to the other eleven? Rioter
  3. Fifth Scholar - Count Olaf, an old vassal that once was under the influence of Ruin. Ruin is gone, but what's to stop him falling under evil influence again? Noble
  4. Jondesu - Quintus, an old hat at situations like this. Makes you wonder how he lived through them to tell the tale...
  5. Elandera - Avi, a person who has no idea what an Ookla Season is. Is that the truth, or are they perhaps lying? Thug
  6. Araris Valerian - Ookla the Curmudgeonly, an old man with a stern face. Perhaps evil is concealed within that stony visage.
  7. Cadmium Compounder - Miumounder, also known as CadCom. Why would someone need two names? Soother
  8. Young Bard - Jendred, eighth son, and thus unimportant. You can probably ignore him.
  9. Gancho Libre - George R.D. Mackleberry. Never trust a man with two middle initials.
  10. Orlok Tsubodai - Locke Tekiel, named for a ruler of Fadrex City, beloved by all. This character is different in two regards.
  11. Steeldancer - Ookla of Squids. (This is getting out of hand, now there are two of them) Lurcher
  12. Rathmaskal - Lord Flamingo, flamboyant and fond of hopping.
  13. Snipexe - Snip Exeutor, has stopped working. Noble
  14. Coop772 - Burrsir, too cool for school.
  15. Shqueeves - Ookla That Watches, definitely a Tineye.
  16. Furamirionid - Furamirionid Yuln'Broael, Fura to his friends (if he has any).
  17. Aonar Faileas - Tomir Izenry, only here for the money.
  18. A Joe in the Bush - Sabine Seidel, of questionable sanity.
  19. Ark1002 - Aniah Arkwood, from the roughs. Sticks out like a sore thumb in these fancy settings.
  20. Nohadon - Severance Greed, greedy by name, greedy by repeated examples of taking more than his fair share throughout his life.
  21. MetaTerminal - The Immortal Kalfaix, a travelling magician. You can't trust these out-of-towners... Spiked
  22. Devotary of Spontaneity - Tessona, a Sliverist, but assuredly maybe probably not one of the bad guys. Noble
Edited by Wyrmhero

Elendara? What prevented her (I think) from putting in the order that would have kept her alive, I wonder?

That stinks, but hopefully we can work some connections from Meta's posts and find another Spiked soon.

Also, Orlok, I honestly don't know where the support for me came from either. I'm not objecting, but I also wonder at the reasons. I hope no one's trying to set me up for something, though that's probably too paranoid.

For now, I'm probably most suspicious of Badadah/Ark, partially because of Elandera's post (who is obviously now cleared, though that doesn't mean the suspicion was correct) and partly just a gut read from posts.  Honestly, though, it's a lot of the same thing people could probably pin on me, of just not really making helpful posts and mostly just posting for an appearance of activity.  I haven't paid attention as well as I should have to the earlier cycles though I've been doing a letter better the last cycle, but I felt this was worth going on.

For Praise, I'll go with Araris, probably the most cleared living player.

Well, I'll get the voting started with Xino for the same reasons I've mentioned before.  Additionally, Xino's vote on Meta was even more bandwagony/distancy than mine was.  I'm sure there's an elim hiding in people who are actually actively involved in the conversation, but this is my best read for now.

As for praise, I want to praise Orlok as the driving force behind the Meta lynch...but in self-preservation, I can't really do that as long as I'm in the cross hairs of the Orlok Lynch Machine.  So, I'm going to go with Araris.

I'm really, really sorry to everyone for not being active the last cycle or so - I got distracted and kept meaning to check back in, but something else always came up. I'll make sure it doesn't happen again.

OK, I'm pretty sure we're lynching Ark or Rath this cycle - I want to read over the thread properly since I've only skimmed the last day or so to confirm I agree with Orlok and others reasoning before I vote, though it seemed fairly solid on an initial reading, especially now knowing that Terminal was an Elim. Normally, I'd try and reread first so I was more certain of these things, but I want to post now or else I'm worried I'm going to get sidetracked again - hopefully, by posting now, I'll get in the right headspace again.

Losing two of the more active members of discussion is really worrying - hopefully, I'll be around more from here on out, but we're seriously at the risk of this discussion turning into a graveyard right now.

I feel like I haven't said anything useful yet, so I'm trying to go through the thread and find something to analyse that's a bit more productive... Xinoehp seems a little suspicious to me - bandwagonning on to the Terminal lynch at the last minute. His last post before that also seems to be wishy-washy about Terminal - possibly a mark of an Eliminator trying not to get their teammate killed, but trying to distance himself in case Meta is lynched - it also throws suspicion at Orlok without any kind of reasoning - possibly a way of trying to create mistrust in Orlok's reasoning, and possibly get a major analyser lynched.

Huh. I got ninja'd by Rath who's also suspicious of Xino. I... really don't know how I feel about that - I'll try and figure that out when I wake up tomorrow.

... RIP Elandera.  I completely forgot about her needing to burn pewter.

I am most concerned with Ark and Rath.  I am going to reread over the previous cycles again, and will double check if those are founded concerns or not.  However, it does bug me that I have been calling for Ark to explain a couple things publicly, and still have gotten no acknowledgement from Ark as to that post.

1 hour ago, Araris Valerian said:

I’m pretty concerned that Orlok is an elim. Steeldancer told Orlok that he was a lurched last cycle, and I was already suspicious because of how sure he was that Meta was an elim. I think I’ll praise Bard for returning to us.

Orlok did seem confidant that Meta was an elim, but just about each sentence in the condemnation of meta were stated as facts, because they were:

This post contradicts itself within four lines. He claims to want a D1 lynch, fitting with common village wisdom, but sets a standard of voting for himself far higher than is feasible on D1, and conveniently prevents him from expressing an opinion.
Again, fear of me without rationale, and voting for a candidate demonstratively as influential in the first cycle. Why would Fifth not be just as much of a risk of shooting yourself in the foot?
Again, a lack of alignment indicative information, and jumping on a bandwagon.

Basically the entire post was made up of sentences like this.  I don't believe Orlok ever stated that Meta is(/was) an elim.  He just let the analysis sit in the air.  And with what Orlok analysed, it would seem to me justified that he was confident in his prediction.  If I had done that analysis, I probably would have been confidant in it too.

... I think it is possible Orlok is an elim, but if anyone other than Orlok had posted that condemnation of Meta, I think we would likely trust them due to their successful analysis.  So shouldn't we give Orlok that same benefit of the doubt?
Trusting anyone is a risk in this game, but Orlok has done more than many others in this game to warrant trust in my opinion.

Ahem! A player I think that has done much less to warrant trust, is Ark.  I have been told that Araris is to be trusted, but I also trust Orlok, and I do not want to praise either of you if you are to be at each other's throats.  And in that case, I don't know who to praise.  So I will poke-praise @A Joe in the Bush.

Ark/Joe

Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention the part about Orlok being told about Steel being a Lurcher.  However, attacking steel immediately afterwards I think would be a bit silly.

Edited by Furamirionind
added something I forget to mention at the end.

I was mostly referring to Orlok's statement of certain individuals being cleared (see quote below). There was no reason to make a statement like that with such certainty unless Orlok knew that Meta was elim. The only likely explanation I can think of the combination of Steeldancer's death and Orlok's confidence in clearing players is that he was in contact with a Seeker, which he hasn't said anything about.

At this point, I'd clear Steeldancer, Araris, and Fifth, and would like other views on Elandera.

13 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

I was mostly referring to Orlok's statement of certain individuals being cleared (see quote below). There was no reason to make a statement like that with such certainty unless Orlok knew that Meta was elim. The only likely explanation I can think of the combination of Steeldancer's death and Orlok's confidence in clearing players is that he was in contact with a Seeker, which he hasn't said anything about.

There was an implicit qualification that it was contingent on Meta being evil, but I was very confident in that being the case.