title of next book

Warpig

On 10/22/2018 at 0:54 PM, Child of Hodor said:

Fitting :). I like the theme of change for the next book, but Song of Changes doesn't have a good ring to it.

Really? I don’t like Song of Changes as much as Song of Secrets, but I definitely think it’s a good title. I also think it has a nice ring to it, but to each their own.

3 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Really? I don’t like Song of Changes as much as Song of Secrets, but I definitely think it’s a good title. I also think it has a nice ring to it, but to each their own.

I like Song of Secrets for the alliteration and air of mystery it brings. I dunno what it is, changes doesn't do it for me. I don't hate it. Maybe I'll warm up to it if he goes with that. 

On 10/20/2018 at 8:42 PM, Pagerunner said:

think he thought I was asking about the flashback character, not the main interlude character. Seems weird we'd be getting interludes and flashbacks from Eshonai. I asked a followup about it, and we'll see if he gets back.

Wouldn't be surprised if he got it mixed up, but my interpretation was that he meant what he said. He hasn't done this in the previous books, but I don't think it would be weird for him to take this route. For Eshonai to be "the interlude character" and for all of those interludes to be set in the past. Honestly, it seems like the best way to give those flashbacks without disrupting the main story. Flashbacks feel relatively seamless when they're from the perspective of a main character anyways. I figure Eshonai flashbacks randomly scattered through the main story would feel awfully out of place. So this is a perfect solution for that problem.

24 minutes ago, Jofwu said:

Wouldn't be surprised if he got it mixed up, but my interpretation was that he meant what he said. He hasn't done this in the previous books, but I don't think it would be weird for him to take this route. For Eshonai to be "the interlude character" and for all of those interludes to be set in the past. Honestly, it seems like the best way to give those flashbacks without disrupting the main story. Flashbacks feel relatively seamless when they're from the perspective of a main character anyways. I figure Eshonai flashbacks randomly scattered through the main story would feel awfully out of place. So this is a perfect solution for that problem.

He responded, and it appears he was mistaken. 

Sorry, I was getting my lines crossed.  Flashbacks are Eshonai--the interludes are not something I've announced right now.  

• Chaos locked this topic