title of next book

Warpig

Undetermined, and to be decided. Sometime late 2020 is the current release I believe. 

As to the title, seeing as it's Venli/Eshonai's book, I think the title will be a listener song as those are their "books." 

I'm partial to "The Song of Secrets" 

Edited by Calderis

15 minutes ago, Calderis said:

Undetermined, and to be decided. Sometime last 2020 is the current release I believe. 

As to the title, seeing as it's Venli/Eshonai's book, I think the title will be a listener song as those are their "books." 

I'm partial to "The Song of Secrets" 

I wonder if he'll avoid calling it that as he was trying to avoid a eighth book in a row called X of Y with Oathbringer. 

I just came up with "The Dawnsong" out of nowhere and that's my guess now.

Just now, Steel Inqusitive said:

I like Rhythm of the Lost. 

has a nice ring to it and has an appropriately ominous sound to it:ph34r:

I like that!

(Also, Song of Secrets would get confused with Shadows of Self a lot, since they'd both be SoS)

Just now, Steel Inqusitive said:

I like Rhythm of the Lost. 

has a nice ring to it and has an appropriately ominous sound to it:ph34r:

That's very good and sad. 

58 minutes ago, Overlord Jebus said:

I wonder if he'll avoid calling it that as he was trying to avoid a eighth book in a row called X of Y with Oathbringer. 

I just came up with "The Dawnsong" out of nowhere and that's my guess now.

He really does need to give the X of Y titles a rest for a while. WoA, HoA, WoK, WoR, SoS, BoM

More joke titles:

Redemption Song; Rhythm Nation; Rhythm is a (Edge)dancer; Dawn of the Planet of the Singers; Rock Lobster(s)

10 minutes ago, Child of Hodor said:

That's very good and sad. 

He really does need to give the X of Y titles a rest for a while. WoA, HoA, WoK, WoR, SoS, BoM

More joke titles:

Redemption Song; Rhythm Nation; Rhythm is a (Edge)dancer; Dawn of the Planet of the Singers; Rock Lobster(s)

So, I'm not the only one old enough to think of this 1980s era song by the B-52s while first reading The Way of Kings.

Next you'll admit that when Venli was going around speechifying to the liberated "parshmen", you were thinking of her going, "Stop, collaborate, and listen!"

For me, "The Dawnsong" is way too evocative of that awful earwig by Cisqo from 2000 (wow, has it been that long already?). Show me that dawn, that daw- da-daw-da-dawn...

So Stormlight 1 and 2 were named after in-world books, and Stormlight 3 for an in-world object (Oathbringer) whose name also ties in with what happens with Dalinar and his becoming the head of the new crew of Knights Radiant.

If Stormlight 4 really will be pairing Venli POVs with Eshonai flashbacks for the Listener POVs, it should be titled something with a reference to an in-world thing about them. I really like the sound of The Rhythm of the Lost, unless the X of Y form of book titles are still on the outs by then.

24 minutes ago, robardin said:

So, I'm not the only one old enough to think of this 1980s era song by the B-52s while first reading The Way of Kings.

Next you'll admit that when Venli was going around speechifying to the liberated "parshmen", you were thinking of her going, "Stop, collaborate, and listen!"

For me, "The Dawnsong" is way too evocative of that awful earwig by Cisqo from 2000 (wow, has it been that long already?). Show me that dawn, that daw- da-daw-da-dawn...

So Stormlight 1 and 2 were named after in-world books, and Stormlight 3 for an in-world object (Oathbringer) whose name also ties in with what happens with Dalinar and his becoming the head of the new crew of Knights Radiant.

If Stormlight 4 really will be pairing Venli POVs with Eshonai flashbacks for the Listener POVs, it should be titled something with a reference to an in-world thing about them. I really like the sound of The Rhythm of the Lost, unless the X of Y form of book titles are still on the outs by then.

Oathbringer was also the name of Dalinar's autobiography that he was writing at the end. The rest will also be in world books, although they might not be ones previously mentioned.

The Song of Secrets and why not?

I'm sure the book will be heavy on Singer and Listener history and although the Song of Secrets is not a book, the Parsh are unlikely to have a written work that holds more importance given their culture of song and music. 

I wouldnt mind a surprise though. It would make for boring epigraphs for sure.

Anything is better than Oathbringer though.....such a bland name to give such an epic book.

Edited by Nymeros

I figure that it's got to be either (1) some ancient listener song or (2) something new that Venli will write.

I'm skeptical of the second, since we just did that with Oathbringer, and it's hard to speculate on the title of a book she might write.

For listener songs, Song of Secrets seems mostly likely of those we know about. But there could be others. Venli's mother is probably still out there, and I think it would be cool if we got something from her. I'm not fond of the Dawnsong idea. It sounds on-point in terms of potential content, but it sounds too... soft? It sound like the title for a book about a girl and her horse. :lol: I agree that the "of" usage in titles is heavy, but I can't think of another way to title something after a listener song. We just had Oathbringer, and book 5 was going to be Stones Unhallowed, so maybe another "of" title wouldn't be so bad for book 4?

My BIGGEST concern with Song of Secrets? We already have an SOS with Shadows of Self! This could get confusing... :lol:

So far it's been a book that one of the characters discovered in that very same book, with the exception of Stones Unhallowed, which I think Szeth uses as a curse (correct me if I'm wrong).

I really like both Song of Secrets and Rythm of the Lost, but I think it might be a new song or rythm that we learn of in the flashbacks. 

15 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

I’d like something like of ”The Singers Strikes Back” or ”The Rythms Awaken.” Maybe ”The Last Listener.”

Haha. Good ones. Last Listener especially. Though I don't know of any in-world books with that title. :P

How about "Song of Histories"? SoH? Or perhaps "Eila Stele"? ES?

1 hour ago, Firerust said:

Haha. Good ones. Last Listener especially. Though I don't know of any in-world books with that title. :P

How about "Song of Histories"? SoH? Or perhaps "Eila Stele"? ES?

I thought about Eila Stele, but they won't use a name with two gibberish words that are hard to pronounce. I barely know how to pronounce it and I have the audiobook (which may not be correct). A-La Steal-E