Mistborn in metal room

Steel Inquisitive

Question

So if a mistborn was standing in a room that was made out of a single block of metal (IDK maybe it was soulcast or something) what would he see with steel/iron?

Would he see a single blue line that shifts depending on where he's looking?

would he be surrounded by a blue haze?

something else?

or would it vary from person to person?

5 answers to this question

It would depend on perception/skill.  Both Wax and Kelsier were able to see/push on different parts of an object.  

Kyrroti

If I were burning iron, where would the line point to on a steel hula-hoop?

Brandon Sanderson

For something like that, it would depend on the Steelpusher's power. For some, it would just be pointing generally toward the center of the hoop--but for skilled Steelpushers, they'd be able to see softer lines pointing in all directions around the hoop.

source

7 hours ago, GoWibble said:

So you can blind master steel pushers...

I need to know by Friday

Probably, like if the "master steel pusher" is using or fully dependent on steelsight for vision, like a Steel Inquisitor would be

Where Vin once blinded them by throwing pewter dust in the air between them in Kredik Shaw

I always wondered why they didn't use that trick more often when fighting post-Ruin super-Inquisitors like Marsh

Yes, but only to an extent i would think. It would depend on the circumstance. In, say a market square where theirs lots of exterior metal and you were not wereing any metal or had any coins, defenatly! I think one of the only reasons Vin could bind the inquisitors is because there were many of them. They were probably unable to see her due to the faint lines pointing to other inquisitors metals. However if it were just You versus master Coinshot/Lurcher in a relatively controlled environment with only your metals, their metals and, say a miselanious hammer then maybe not so. 

But I'm no Arcanist and haven't read many Wob's so if someone else has a say then please feel welcome.