Missing Fused

ConfusedCow

If each type of fused has access to one surge and there are only nine types of fused, then the fused don't have access to all ten surges.  (There might be some end around... Yelig-nar) Which surge?  What are the implications? How can the knights radiant use that?  

Definately not - gravitation, illumination, abrasion

Probably not - progression (saw fused regrow), transportation (saw fused in shadesmar), division (saw an extra toasty aimian in a flashback, plus I don't see odium missing out on this one) 

Possibly - transformation, adhesion, cohesion, tension.  

My guess here is cohesion or transformation.  Possibly they use transformation when they change forms, but cant use it in the conventional soulcasting way.  Possibly cohesion is used to create thunderclasts, making them a strange non-fused type of fused. 

Thoughts, ideas, any way to rule a surge out or in?

Yelig also causes its hosts to grow crystals. This reminds me of gem hearts, which are investiture given form. The thing is the only jem mentioned was one used in soul casting, it produces metal. Fused are said to be cognitive shadows, spirits that contain power. If they were drained of this power, could that allow them to move on or be somehow freed from the endless cycle?

I think it is one of the Bondsmith surges. Odiums forces seems to be out of touch with Bondsmithing for some reason. They don’t have an Unmade version of the Bondsmiths either, for example. 

I have to admit to being somewhat disappointed by this threads title. I thought someone had lost their Fused and needed help to find it...

Edited by Toaster Retribution

My view is for the Fused to lack of Adhesion as it's the surge closer to Honor (similirally as Progression is the surge most close to Cultivation) and one of the two the Bondsmith have.

By the way, we saw Fused in CR but it doesn't prove anything as there are many ways to cross the realms and one of them is strictly into the hands of Odium's forces.

Also Moash stated to saw the "blacksmith-type" of Fused (or something like that) and this to me means he saw Fused having access to Cohesion

Edited by Yata

• Chaos locked this topic