The Alleyharbor

Silva

7 minutes ago, Arky-boi said:

I didn't think it boosted quite that much though...

I mean, we’ve had the Fiend being immobilised by a bunch of Elantrians during the storm, and this was just one large Iron Pull, though I see your point. I guess I just need to find some way to remove the gang NPCs, and what better way than through an awesome fight :) 

And I have two convenient Ghostbloods... :D

The glowing men looked at him. The one surrounded by sand shook his head. "I'm sorry, but we're going in." His sand moved in fast waves, never running out, as it burst alight the moment it faded. He flew towards the gang, face like death. And the other man slid across the deck, his eyes glittering shards of ice. They were ready to kill. The spiked man shook his head, going below deck, the trail of scarlet blood beginning to taper off.

22 minutes ago, Arky-boi said:

The glowing men looked at him. The one surrounded by sand shook his head. "I'm sorry, but we're going in." His sand moved in fast waves, never running out, as it burst alight the moment it faded. He flew towards the gang, face like death. And the other man slid across the deck, his eyes glittering shards of ice. They were ready to kill. The spiked man shook his head, going below deck, the trail of scarlet blood beginning to taper off.

The gang looked at the two men. “You think we can take them?” Cameron asked.

“No idea,” Jarret said as he used the boost of luck from the Alleystorm and fired his gun, pointing in the general direction of the two men. He’d never bothered to learn how to aim, when more often than not luck was enough, and now he was full of it. He laughed sadistically as he never stopped his bullets.

Cameron rolled to the side to avoid the tendrils of glowing powder the man was throwing around, and brought his own crossbow up. He twirled and tried firing it directly at the sliding man.

Sam pulled at the mast and went high up in the air, looking down at the men. He tried using his Pulling power to Pull any metal the men had on their body upwards, to distract them.

And Mickey stayed back with his shotgun. His bendalloy had all run out,

The one who slid laughed as the arrow brushed by him, bullets flying past around him, coming quickly towards Mickey. Going incredibly fast, he plowed into him, and activated division.

~~~

His sand caught the bullet, and he threw it to the ground. Neither had metal, beyond the Katana's. And, unbeknownst to them, those were shardblades. So nothing happened. Then he sent ribbons sharp enough to cut, forty of them, towards Sam, flying into the sky easily, the storm fueling him.

52 minutes ago, Arky-boi said:

The one who slid laughed as the arrow brushed by him, bullets flying past around him, coming quickly towards Mickey. Going incredibly fast, he plowed into him, and activated division.

~~~

His sand caught the bullet, and he threw it to the ground. Neither had metal, beyond the Katana's. And, unbeknownst to them, those were shardblades. So nothing happened. Then he sent ribbons sharp enough to cut, forty of them, towards Sam, flying into the sky easily, the storm fueling him.

You could predict the future with luck.

It seemed crazy, but the underlying mechanic behind it was clear. With Fortune you could tell the future, with Fortune Chromium Feruchemy was possible. It just needed a different method. And as the Sandman ruined the bullets, Jarret looked to the sliding man and flipped a coin. Heads if he attacked Cameron next, Tails if he attacked Mickey. The coin landed on tails. Instinctively he turned and fired in the direction of Mickey just as the sliding tackled him.

Mickey’s last moments were in pain, being disintegrated. Grabbing a knife he had in a sheath, trying to grapple onto the man, and trying to thrust the knife directly into his chest from short distance, before he died.

Sam yelled in pain as he was cut in so many different places, the sand was sharp. “Why the hell is the sand sharp?” He cried out, bleeding from around. But he could do one final thing. He took out his pistol, and pulled on the ship beneath him, flying downwards and smashing into the sandman, he would be ripped to shreds, but he took out a pistol and quickly fired it at close distance towards the sandman.

Cameron took this time to set another bolt in his crossbow. It might have been hard to reload and slow, but rust was he accurate with it. He put the sandman in his sights just as Sam crashed into him and fired a bolt, hopefully it would hit the sandman.

The man with sand felt blood rain down on him. And a bolt. He grabbed it, stopping it. But a bullet hit his arm. He shouted, falling slightly, but sent his sand, this time at Jarret. And lots. Massive torrents, enough to blow him to pieces.

A bullet. A knife. He laughed, the storm healing him. Sliding off, this time towards the man with the crossbow. He ripped the katana from his back, joyfully grinning.

Jarret saw the waves of sand and knew he wouldn’t survive. So he closed his eyes and tapped the rest of his luck in one massive tap, throwing his shotgun in a random direction before he was torn apart.

Cameron, as somebody without Investiture, was the only one who wasn’t enhanced in any way by the storm.

As Jarret’s gun happened to land right in his hands he tried firing them both at the sliding man as he charged Cameron. Cameron was screaming. He was the only one left.

But in his last moments before his death, he turned straight at Red and fired as many shots as he could, from both gun and crossbow.

The blade imbedded itself in Cameron, and he grinned. The man would die within the minute.

~~~

The man with sand grabbed the last survivor, pulling him into the air. Then he grabbed a soulcaster from his side. Coming in close, he grabbed him, then activated it, a pulse that would turn him to bronze.

~~~

The spiked man walked up to Cameron, pulling a spike from his clothing. He brought it up to the mans heart, then hit it with a hammer. He had stolen Cameron's metal stability. And killed him.

Enolc sank to his knees, overwhelmed. So much killing. So much.

He'd sworn not to assist violence in any way, and yet. Here it was, happening on his ship. And he couldn't do anything to stop it. He didn't have enough...
Or did he?
With a start, he realized that his Investiture had been recharged by the storm. How had he not thought of that earlier?
He put his hand to the floor and concentrated.
With a flash, the ship cloned. Everyone on board- except for the invaders- cloned with it.
He rolled to the floor, drained. In his mind, he felt the other ship release, vanishing with all of the clones it still had on board.
He smiled.

Redatrick’s clone was useful, as the original Redatrick was now a corpse, littered with Cameron’s bullets and bolts.

He watched as his team, his gang, his family was killed. Ex- family. They were trying to kill him too. And yet, one had been turned into a statue, and one had had a railroad spike shoved into him!

He sat down, and turned around. Looking at the bodies of his once friends was not on his list of things to do. And yet, now he wasn’t being chased.

A fresh start.

By the way, clones vanish when killed/destroyed. So, no body, at least not for long.

Enolc nodded wearyingly, standing up from his kneeling position. "The door is over there." He gestured. "Choose a room. Don't disturb any of the other people."

He turned and stumbled over the deck. He leaned against the railing, breathing in and out. That had taken a lot out of him. More than he was expecting.

Oh well. He could do it, if he needed to; that was what mattered.

He looked off to one side. The ship was approaching the whirlpool at a good clip. He nodded to himself.

Pushing off the deck, he decided to go below and make sure that nobody was causing any issues.

---------------------

Reylf shot down the pathway. In the distance, he could see the ship.

He grinned to himself. He wasn't too late.

He shot across the docks and out over the lake without even slowing down. In a matter of moments, he'd reached the ship.

"Clear!" he called out as he came down.

@I think I am here.

On 19/03/2019 at 11:12 PM, xinoehp512 said:

Enolc nodded wearyingly, standing up from his kneeling position. "The door is over there." He gestured. "Choose a room. Don't disturb any of the other people."

He turned and stumbled over the deck. He leaned against the railing, breathing in and out. That had taken a lot out of him. More than he was expecting.

Oh well. He could do it, if he needed to; that was what mattered.

He looked off to one side. The ship was approaching the whirlpool at a good clip. He nodded to himself.

Pushing off the deck, he decided to go below and make sure that nobody was causing any issues.

Redatrick noticed the man, and slowly walked over to him. “Whatever you did by making that, that copy of me, thank you. Are you alright?”

Enolc paused and looked back at the man. "I'm fine. I... I think." He smiled tiredly. "Thanks for asking."

All of a sudden, the ship tilted, the bow dropping down as the ship began to sink into the whirlpool. Enolc held the railing for balance as the pitch of the ship increased.

@Element of Chaos @I think I am here. @Dr. Dapper @Mr Mafia

Sorry for the double post.

Reylf stumbled as the ship began to tilt. He began to panic when he saw where the ship was going.

Memories stirred inside his head. He fell to his knees, clutching the nearest rail.

The boat slid fully inside the whirlpool and began to spiral towards the bottom. Reylf closed his eyes.

The boat slid down the side, keeping remarkably steady. Reylf didn’t even notice as water splashed across the deck. He was overcome by a powerful feeling that this had happened before.

He opened his eyes and looked ahead. At the bottom of the whirlpool was a large, dark hole. He stared into it. Where would it lead?

He would find out eventually, he supposed.

@Ark1002 @I think I am here. @Dr. Dapper @Mr Mafia

12 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Reylf stumbled as the ship began to tilt. He began to panic when he saw where the ship was going.

Memories stirred inside his head. He fell to his knees, clutching the nearest rail.

The boat slid fully inside the whirlpool and began to spiral towards the bottom. Reylf closed his eyes.

The boat slid down the side, keeping remarkably steady. Reylf didn’t even notice as water splashed across the deck. He was overcome by a powerful feeling that this had happened before.

He opened his eyes and looked ahead. At the bottom of the whirlpool was a large, dark hole. He stared into it. Where would it lead?

He would find out eventually, he supposed.

@Ark1002 @I think I am here. @Dr. Dapper @Mr Mafia

Redatrick grabbed the railing, thrown off by the tilting ship.

“Oh rust, we’re going to die!” He yelled. Getting away from his gang and now going to die from a whirlpool.

Eventually, it steadied, and Redatrick looked to the hole, standing up next to some kid (Reylf). “You know, I’ve seen some weird stuff, but nothin’ tops that hole right there, in the middle of the ocean.” He turned to the others on the ship. “Rust, How isn everyone used to this?”

The boat slid through the hole and into a dark tunnel of rushing water. Lights on the sides of the aboveboard cabins began to glow, illuminating the deck. Reylf breathed in and out once to calm himself. That had been... strange. But it was over now. (At least, he hoped so). The ship might be moving fast, but it was steady fast, not like the insanity of the whirlpool. 

He looked upward at the swirling currents of water hovering a few feet over his head, wondering how they possibly stayed in place. The water wasn't that fast, was it? By all rights, the whole tunnel should collapse inwards, swallowing them up and drowning them. He could imagine the water rushing in, filling his mouth, weighing him down...

He shuddered. Memories again. Dark memories. He lowered his gaze, trying to put the thought out of his mind. He wasn't usually this way; something about these waters awoke something in him he'd rather leave forgotten.

All of a sudden, the ship shot into an open area, free of tunnel walls. Reylf gasped and scrambled backwards as a huge eye suddenly opened, looking down on the ship. Much of the shape of the figure was hidden, but he could see enough to know what it was. A giant squid, easily several times bigger than the city itself. Its tentacles snaked through the water, a multitude of smaller arms that spun past the ship as it whizzed down the tunnel.

“Rust and Ruin,” Redatrick muttered, leaning against the railing.

He reached for his shotgun and pointed it directly at the eye of the thing, pulling up his bandanna. He was not afraid.

“I’ll shoot it,” he said, looking around to the others on the ship. He looked to Enolc specifically. He would know what to do, right? “Should I shoot it?”

Adriana stepped off the small boat that had somehow carried her from Kharbranth. Sparks, her spren, floated around her head.

we're finally here. what shall you do now?

"I don't know," she replied. "All I wanted was to get away from Roshar. From- from the ." Her eyes watered, but she steeled herself and waved farewell to the small vessel. The lines were reeled back into the boat, and it sailed off into the sunset. 

Now what?