The Alleyharbor

Silva

A lone fisherman sits in his boat, line cast in the water. He slowly turns the knob and pulls out a small fish.

He rows back to the dock and puts it in a bucket with others. There are many there and soon he'll retire for the day.

Nearby, there are a few small shops, a center park with benches, and the long dock extending to sea. In the distance, there is the faint outline of a ship - design unknown. Some considered it a mirage, others an island. Either way, it hadn't come closer in the recent future, leading most to dismiss its presence.

The fisherman gets back in his boat and starts to eat his lunch.

---------------

I noticed how this shows up on most maps of the Alleyverse, yet nothing ever happens there. So to, this thread. I don't expect much action here, but it'll at least open the possibility of naval excursions and coastal events. And I'll attach a small doodle of this place when I find the time.

The fisherman is an NPC. He's a simple man and not much of a conversationalist, though he is quite smart. Interact with him if you'd like, but don't feel tied down by him. 

Spoiler

IMG_3056.jpg

Edited by Sorana
updated tags for E5

Night decided that this wasn't happening at the same time as the Ghostblood Ball, or the Well of Descension- at least, not for him. Maybe for some other people. Or maybe he just split bodies and has an aspect here or something. Night wasn't quite sure.

Or maybe PrinceDusty should just make some more storming characters :/

The Ghostbloods had been watching the Alleyharbor. After all, their base of operations, the City of Oasis, was only a few miles/kilometers away- albeit being high in the mountains. they had sent Night, their representative, to go check on things. 

Night found a lone fisherman by the dock, sitting in his boat. He looked like he was about to leave, but Night interjected.

"Hello. How's the fishing been?"

"Good." The man as obviously not much of a conversationalist.

Night sat down.

"I'm new to the area. What are people like around here?"

The man raised an eyebrow. "New, as in, you mean to stay? We don't get many new people around here, just ships passing through."

"Not to stay, but I'll be passing through quite often."

The man nodded, looking away, his interest fading. "Good people. Can't agree on much. Some support the Ghostbloods. I'll never understand them..."

Night raised an eyebrow. "You have something against the Ghostbloods?"

Edited by PrinceDusty

9 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

I knew he was a good fellow. Only the best buy from the DAPB. The DA Premium Bakers.

See? He's trying hard to appease everyone by not sharing where he gets his baked goods. Everyone can think what they want. Pretty nice of him. Though, if you need a hint, the third letter is a 'B.'

Oh I see! The Packet says TUBA! 

The Unknown Black Alleys. 

Its a little known department that operates in a different universe, and when we translate their name into that language, the letters get messed up. Im surprised that he manages to get our products from there. Usually its quite a haul and much more convenient to just order from the DA. But oh well. Kudos to him.

A fog curled in the distance, and from it emerged a man shrouded in turquoise armour, aonic lines surging through the plates. Max looked around the Alleyharbour. Peaceful, unlike the war that appeared to be taking place elsewhere.

He saw man sit on the edge of the pier with a foot dipped into the water. Max walked towards him, taking a seat next to him when he was close.

“Lovely weather, isn’t it?” He asked through the visor of his helmet.

@xinoehp512

Edited by I think I am here.

Though it was still obscured by the mist, the ship mostly appeared to resemble a longship. There was but one mast and it seemed to be moving slowly, as though being propelled by rowing and not the wind. On board was a crew of fifty strong. And no, there were no horns on their helmets unlike the fictuous tales often told. But yes, these were Vikings.

Mejin walked through the dimly lit courtyard of the harbor. Her eyes skimmed over the shops closed for the night - looking for something else. At long last she walked the length of the pier. There were others there, but she paid them no mind. She kept her eyes fixed on the horizon. Some friends of hers were coming and she wouldn't miss the encounter for the world. Mejin had a goal, and she would accomplish it.