G'day!

Pagliacci

I've been reading Sanderson's magnificent Cosmere for about a year now. I've read all of the Mistborn novels except Band of Mourning. I've fallen in love with the Stormlight Archive and really enjoyed Sanderson's standalone works as well.

This place seems like a really positive environment of fellow sanderfans (is that the term?) so I thought I might as well join.

Major Warbreaker spoilers below.

Spoiler

Tangent: Is it just me or does Warbreaker share some elements with Beauty and the Beast? A woman locked in a palace with a 'beast' who is healed by the end. Talking objects and a charming rogue who turns out to be... well, evil. Just some amusing connections I'd thought to point out.

2 minutes ago, Pagliacci said:

Sazed, Szeth, Dalinar and Hrathen are all contenders. Either them or Stick from WoR ;)

I really liked Hrathen. Though for my favourite I usually name Shai from the novel "The Emperor's Soul" (which you should definitly read, if you haven't so far ;) )

5 hours ago, Silva said:

Welcome to Shard! If you could compound one metal, which would you choose?

Probably zinc/zinc. Increased mental speed and rioting emotions. A dangerous combination especially with compounding especially in the modern world. What about yourself?