Hi, so far I’m waiting for Hero of Ages to come in the mail. Read Final empire and Wells, for now I’m on Warbreaker :) 

im looking for answers and connections to this ‘cosmere’ universe. It’s mind blowing that they are all slightly connected and I’m intrigued to see the theories and postulations y’all have out there. I’m highly interested in discussing the mistborn trilogy, or what we can until I finish it. 

14 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Hello!

Welcome to the Cosmere!

If you’re looking for theories, we have tons. But beware, lots of them will have huge spoilers for Hero of Ages, even if you stick to the Mistborn section.

What’s you’re favourite not-main character?

My favorite not main..... might be TenSoon. Or what I know of him and his fake identity as OreSuer. I liked seeing the growth and his loyalty to Vin in the end, and showing him change her views slightly. It’s always nice to see minor characters have greater effects on main views :)  

9 hours ago, Sorana said:

Hello and welcome to the shard!

And if you could choose one metal for you to use, which one would that be?

That’s a tough one.... I really like the idea of Soothers so probably brass. Tin would be really cool, but that’s a more personal reason. I’m completely blind in my left eye so having enhanced senses would probably be more an equalizer for my sight XD

9 hours ago, PelekinikeleT said:

Welcome. It is true there are many spoilers. And cookies. How are u liking warbreaker? It’s one of my personal favorites 

I’m really enjoying it. When I first started, the big differences were upsetting. It seems to me Vin isn’t as prone to noticing the colors and way things and people looked around her and that the Mistborn series is more about how people are. Seeing everything in this book is a really nice change now that I am starting to understand the magic more. I literally just started so I’ll have a better opinion in a few days. 

@Perse

Just a short side notice: Try to avoid posting more than once in a row. If you want to add some information, you can always edit your previous posts. And you can of course quote more than one post from someone else in one of yours. It's not grave, since you are new here, just try to keep it in mind for further posts!

2 hours ago, Perse said:

@Sorana why is that?

There are occasionally folks who are eager to increase their post count, and may be tempted to split up a single post into a series of smaller posts in order to do so.  Taken too far, this sort of superfluous posting can become a form of spamming.  Rather than rely on subjective feelings about how far is too far, it's best just to discourage double-posting in general.  You can read more here.

Anyway, this is just an FYI for you, and shouldn't distract us from welcoming you to the Shard!  Have an upvote and a question: Are you in/from Hawaii, or do you just enjoy using the language?

Edited by daschaich
Better wording

1 hour ago, daschaich said:

There are occasionally folks who are eager to increase their post count, and may be tempted to split up a single post into a series of smaller posts in order to do so.  Taken too far, this sort of superfluous posting can become a form of spamming.  Rather than rely on subjective feelings about how far is too far, it's best just to discourage double-posting in general.  You can read more here.

Anyway, this is just an FYI for you, and shouldn't distract us from welcoming you to the Shard!  Have an upvote and a question: Are you in/from Hawaii, or do you just enjoy using the language?

Thank you for that! Glad to know the etiquette before I kept posting in similar ways. I used to be on Wattpad and there were really any rules about that, it was a way to make sure each person got an individual response and could separately respond without quoting a long post. :) 

I am 1/2 from Hawaii 1/2 from California, but I currently live in Hawaii :D. Are you from Hawaii?

53 minutes ago, Perse said:

I am 1/2 from Hawaii 1/2 from California, but I currently live in Hawaii :D. Are you from Hawaii?

Nope!  I've only ever had two layovers in the Honolulu airport.  I was just wondering whether the topic title was Significant.

I had to look up what Wattpad is.  Are you a storyteller?  If so (or maybe even if not) the Creator's Corner, Writing Excuses and Reading Excuses sub-forums might be worth checking out if you haven't done so already.  They should also have a lower (though probably still non-zero) number of spoilers.  (Upon reflection, the Writing Excuses podcast itself is probably more interesting than the sub-forum.)