23 minutes ago, Shqueeves said:

I'm not losing motivation, I just had life pop up and get in my way. That said, Gancho Libre in the Ballroom for the unexplained vote on Kidpen.

I just want to say that based off of Gancho's general tendencies elsewhere, I'm not too surprised at the vote and personally think it's NAI.

Edit: But I don't mind the Coop lynch. I very much doubt there is a secret rule with lynching the gm here, and I doubt it will do anything useful if there is.

Edited by Kidpen

I'll poke Snipexe, who hasn't checked in yet. @Snipexe

Vote Tally

Chief of Police (2) - Coop, Droughtbringer

Coop (2) - Cadmium Compounder, Kidpen

Kidpen (1) - Gancho Libre

Shqueeves (1) - Megasif

Gancho Libre (1) - Shqueeves

Snipexe (1) - Mr Doctor

Lynch Discussion

• The Chief of Police - I'm not keen on threatening a police officer with a lynch, that sounds like it'd be a crime. But since lynches are interrogations, maybe we're just wanting Brightness to sit down and have a chat with herself. Just relax in the interrogation room and have a nice time.
  • Coop - Cadmium's is a retaliation vote for...lynching the GM. Alright, fine, makes about as much sense as lynching the GM in the first place. Kidpen's makes less sense, other than just general C1 lynch lack of information, unless he's trying to get something going against Coop. @Kidpen care to elaborate?
  • Kidpen - I don't know why Gancho would say nothing along with a vote on Kidpen, but Kidpen vouches for them. A friend, I assume? @Gancho Libre if that vote stays there without any additional justification then I'm not sure if Kidpen's words mean all that much.
  • Shqueeves - I disagree with this. @Megasif that justification doesn't sit with me. Shqueeves has explained himself, so I'm not sure if this should stay.
  • Gancho Libre - I slightly agree with Shqueeves's justification, and might switch my vote because Gancho hasn't explained or retracted their vote. Not much else to go on, but such is C1.
  • Snipexe - Mr Doctor is evil and untrustworthy and shouldn't hurt poor Snipexe.

2 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

I want to clear Shqueeves on the fact he was an elim in the Elantris MR game, but it’s not unheard of if someone is lab elim twice in a row.

That being said, I’m unsure of who to vote for. I think I will wait a bit more before deciding on someone I actually deem suspicious.

If BR randomized starting roles and factions, as many GMs do, the fact that Shqueeves was an elim last game should have no bearing on his current alignment. Is there someone else you deem suspicious, now that there's an hour left in the cycle, Itiah?

33 minutes ago, Mr Doctor said:

Snipexe - Mr Doctor is evil and untrustworthy and shouldn't hurt poor Snipexe.

You're not wrong. I'll never fully trust you.

I'm not sure I'm for any of the lynches at the moment. Coop's vote seems more like a joke poke-vote, which I try to avoid basing my votes on. Unfortunately, I need to sleep before the cycle finishes, so I don't think I'll vote this turn. I just haven't had time to think about it much.

43 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

If BR randomized starting roles and factions, as many GMs do, the fact that Shqueeves was an elim last game should have no bearing on his current alignment. Is there someone else you deem suspicious, now that there's an hour left in the cycle, Itiah?

Sorry, wasn’t aware this is what happened. No, I don’t really find anyone to suspicous as of now, otherwise I would’ve put a vote on them. Gancho’s vote seems out of the blue, but I agree with Kidpen’s assessment that it’s NAI. You’ve voted on me for some reason, so I guess that could constitute for suspicous, though I just think you might be worried about me appearing to ‘defend’ Shqueeves, so no read on you yet.

A lynch? On me? For accusing the GM? You gotta be kidding me! I'm trying to make that my default playstyle. There is very little use for a C1 lynch, so I prefer to do something silly that won't hurt village than lynching a village or getting lucky with an elim lynch that doesn't tell us much to begin with.

RP:

Windrunner began to float a lap around the room, moving slowly and deliberately "I see I am working with bigger fools than I originally suspected."  Zar, though, seemed suspicious. Probably an Epic, definitely one to watch. He turned to look at the seargant, then moved to be right in his face in an eyeblink, (totally not a mistcloak) cloak flowing behind as he hovered several feet in the air, a High Epic in all his glory. "I stand by what I said, every bit of it. You stand only for yourself, it’s what you do. I can’t apologize because it’s true." "Now, who will stand with me?" 

Bonus points if anyone can correctly identify where in the post I quoted a musical, which musical, which song, and who's speaking.

clue-cover-banner-1.jpg

Cycle 2

Shaman sky perused the kitchen for clues. She looked through cabinets and cupboards. Ovens and drawers. She came up empty handed.

Lieutenant Lilac sauntered over with a quizzical expression and cleared his throat. “Can I help you, Miss? Looking for something to eat?”

She flipped her blonde hair from her eyes and stared at him coldly. “Someone just died. I don't exactly have an appetite. What do you think I am, a ravenous wolf? I don’t think...” She stopped and screamed in horror as the officer's head began to twist and distort turning into the head of a wolf, the rest of his body changing and mutating too fast to determine what he was becoming. The distorted creature lunged for Shaman Sky but she instinctively turned herself into steel, blocking the attack. The mutated officer fell to the floor. Dead.

"I stand by what I said, every bit of it. You stand only for yourself, it’s what you do. I can’t apologize because it’s true." "Now, who will stand with me?"

Windrunner had gotten on Sergeant Salmon's nerves. He already tried telling him off by saying he should go interrogate his own Chief if he didn't have anything better to do.

He'd decided who he was interrogating first if only to get this crazy epic out of his hair. Just then, a scream came from across the kitchen. He watched, mouth agape, as one of his officers was mutated and fell to the floor dead.

“I told you it wasn't me.” Windrunner folded his arms and looked back at the Sergeant. Windrunner ended up in the Interrogation room.

“Darn it. I was hoping we'd find something on him other than being a pain in my…”

“Mobile, Sergeant.”

Sergeant Salmon set down the smoke grenade he'd confiscated, glancing at his blinking mobile and sighed. “The Chief must want an update. I'm not sure how to explain a mutated officer and a cleared epic.” 

Crimsn-Wolf was attacked by the Rightful Rulers but survived!
Coop was interrogated (lynched) and found to be an innocent Democrat so he is free to go. He had a Smoke Grenade item.
YoungBard was mutated and killed. He was a Spectator Police Officer. :P

Vote Count:

Spoiler

BrightnessRadiant (2) - Coop, Droughtbringer
Coop (2) - Cadmium Compounder, Kidpen
Kidpen (1) - Gancho Libre
Shqueeves (1) - Megasif
Gancho Libre (1) - Shqueeves
I think I am here (1) - Devotary of Spontaneity 

Room distribution: 

Dining room:
Deathclutch19
Stink
Elandera

Living Quarters:
Sart
Xinoehp512
Droughtbringer
Mr Doctor

Ballroom:
Gancho Libre
Shqueeves
Cadmium Compounder
Megasif

Kitchen:
Devotary of Spontaneity 
Kidpen
Crimsn Wolf
I think I am here
Snipexe

Turn ends in...

bla_1540090800.png

Player List:

Spoiler

1. Elandera- Raven
2. Kidpen- Doctor Dandelion 
3. Mr Doctor- Sir Sabien
4. Shqueeves- Senõr Shqueeves 
5. Devotary of Spontaneity- Major Muave
6. Crimsn Wolf- Shaman Sky
7. I think I am here- Aristocrat Azure
8. Stink- Supreme Slovenly 
9. Droughtbringer- Zär Zaffre
10. Snipexe- Sapphire Snip
11. DeathClutch19- Commodore Clutch
12. Sart- Father Fuchsia 
13. Megasif- Mega
14. Xinoehp512- Naidiriv
15. Cadmium Compounder- Colonel Ketchup 
16. C̶o̶o̶p̶7̶7̶2̶-̶ ̶O̶s̶c̶a̶r̶ ̶O̶c̶e̶a̶n̶ vanilla Democrat
17. Gancho Libre- Bro Beige

Edited by BrightnessRadiant

So, a few things to say here.

The writeup appears to have confirmed Crimsn’s epic ability. Steel. Which means she can only be killed through the lynch. It should be mentioned the fact that she was attacked does not clear her in my eyes. The elims could have easily put a kill on one of the own, knowing she’d survive the kill and hoping that we would clear her for that reason.

Plus, doesn’t someone who can only die by lynch sound like a power that would work best with the elims? So, I’m suspicous of Crimsn.

Looking at Coop’s flipping of a Democrat, I looked at the votes at him. CadCom’s vote seems innocent enough, Defense of the GM, plus it’s just one vote.

Kidpen’s vote, however, seems more odd. He mentions he’s in favour of the ‘Coop Lynch’ even though technically only CadCom’s vote was on Coop at the time. He doesn’t make any more reasoning than that, but says he wouldn’t want to lynch the GM. And he was the second vote on Coop, and instead of defending the GM like CadCom was doing, he was advocating an actual Coop lynch.

Kidpen

This isn’t my final vote, I’ll be looking around for more suspiciousness. Also, lyching Kidpen will give us more information on Gancho Libre, who he defended despite Gancho voting for him (distancing?).

6 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

The writeup appears to have confirmed Crimsn’s epic ability. Steel. Which means she can only be killed through the lynch. It should be mentioned the fact that she was attacked does not clear her in my eyes. The elims could have easily put a kill on one of the own, knowing she’d survive the kill and hoping that we would clear her for that reason.

This is a good point. If anything, her being attacked condemns her more than clears. The only counterargument that I can find is that it might have been more advantageous to wait to attack her, so that the clearing is fresher in everyone's minds. If the Elims waited until she had come under fire for some reason and then attacked her to clear, it would have been more efficient.

6 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Kidpen

This isn’t my final vote, I’ll be looking around for more suspiciousness. Also, lyching Kidpen will give us more information on Gancho Libre, who he defended despite Gancho voting for him (distancing?).

Yeah, I want to know more about the Gancho/Kidpen interaction. It felt a bit strange, especially since it would have only taken a single vote to endanger Kidpen with the random tiebreaker. If Gancho wanted to distance, then this Cycle he might push something. Or not, because it's been pointed out, or because he was just randomly voting. @Kidpen why would you vouch for Gancho like that?

Snipexe - Mr Doctor is evil and untrustworthy and shouldn't hurt poor Snipexe.

You're not wrong. I'll never fully trust you.

- Elandera, here

@Elandera Whaaaaat? When have I ever done anything to make you doubt me? Don't worry, LG46 wasn't cosmere, so it's non-canon.

What do you think of things so far? You expressed some interest in the vote on Kidpen last Cycle. Any new thoughts since then?

RP post will come when I've had anything resembling sleep. Anyone can prompt my character if you want to start something fun.

17 minutes ago, Mr Doctor said:

Whaaaaat? When have I ever done anything to make you doubt me? Don't worry, LG46 wasn't cosmere, so it's non-canon.

What do you think of things so far? You expressed some interest in the vote on Kidpen last Cycle. Any new thoughts since then?

Well, this isn't cosmere either, so is that more reason to not trust you? <_< I'll be watching you...

As for @Gancho Libre's vote on Kidpen, I'd still like a bit more explanation. I haven't had enough interactions with him to really know his style, meaning I can't count it as NAI. At this point, I'm left thinking it might be some joke between the two, or it's an attempt at distancing. I'll hold off on a vote for right now, but it may end up on one of the two later, depending on what else happens this cycle.

I'm not sure what to think of the attack on Crimsn. For now, I'll consider her soft-cleared. Since it's a QF game, using a turn so early to attack your own teammate just to "clear" them seems a bit much. That kind of tactic might be better if Crimsn had been under suspicion already, but there hadn't been any such discussion and she'd only made one post. However, I understand steel epic abilities would be very useful for elims, which is why it's only a soft-clear. 

----

Raven walked to the bar at the side of the Dining room. "Sparks, I need a drink. A strong one."

The bartender nodded and filled a small glass with some dark liquid. She lifted the glass and downed it one gulp. It was better that way. Raven had never bothered to learn the different kinds of drinks. She hadn't really cared before. It was only after Calamity disappeared that she'd decided alcohol was beneficial. It helped her deal with people, helped her relax.

She would need to deal with people tonight, if she wanted to make it out of the hotel alive. This "rightful rulers" nonsense might turn bad for any of the epics in the room. Though the darkness was gone and epics could be good, people hadn't exactly forgotten. Or forgiven.

"I'm such a slontze!" Raven muttered to herself, gesturing for another drink. "I should never have come here. I should have just stayed in Nashville."

9 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Plus, doesn’t someone who can only die by lynch sound like a power that would work best with the elims? So, I’m suspicous of Crimsn.

Wow, r00d. I thought we were friends. :P (also, Hamilton, I Have the Honour to Be Your Obediant Servant, said by Hamilton to Burr. Good Musical, I approve.)

59 minutes ago, Mr Doctor said:

This is a good point. If anything, her being attacked condemns her more than clears. The only counterargument that I can find is that it might have been more advantageous to wait to attack her, so that the clearing is fresher in everyone's minds. If the Elims waited until she had come under fire for some reason and then attacked her to clear, it would have been more efficient.

Why are people always suspicious of me? XD I will come through with reads once I am more awake, and on a computer. Also, is no one going to question Lopen's role? Really? Looking through the rules again, I am fairly certain it was a secret role. Why is no one talking about that?

@Elandera it feels like it could be a tad overpowered for an elim to only be killable by lynch right off the bat, though. Especially in a game that lets us kill with an item. If anything, I dont think the elims would attack one of their own to try and 'clear' them because it would bring said persin under suspicion--like it is doing. It seems unlikely to be an elim ploy because it draws attention to myself when there wasnt otherwise attention on me. Granted, it could be an IKYK situation like with Fifth in the last Joe/Darkness game. //still annoyed at that, lol// I mean, obviously I'm going to defend myself, but seriously. It seems like way too risky of a ploy for an elim to do. If I were an Elim, then that would kinda make me think the elims are all potentially inexperienced. 

Edited by Crimsn-Wolf
Responding to elandera

3 minutes ago, Elandera said:

As for @Gancho Libre's vote on Kidpen, I'd still like a bit more explanation. I haven't had enough interactions with him to really know his style, meaning I can't count it as NAI. At this point, I'm left thinking it might be some joke between the two, or it's an attempt at distancing. I'll hold off on a vote for right now, but it may end up on one of the two later, depending on what else happens this cycle.

Twas no joke. I had thought Kidpen suspicious, that is all.

~~~~~

Bro Beige examined the ballroom he was in. There were other people there, and he didn't trust the any of them. Each of them showed tell-tale signs of nervousness.

He sighed. he only knew a little bit about each person in the house, but it would have to be enough.

~~~~~~

Cadmium Compounder. I had the impression of forced innocence in their posts during the last cycle. However, this vote may change.

20 minutes ago, Crimsn-Wolf said:

@Elandera it feels like it could be a tad overpowered for an elim to only be killable by lynch right off the bat, though. Especially in a game that lets us kill with an item.

I thought I had that in my post, but must have deleted it. I agree that Steel could be an overpowering elim power, though it would still be very useful. If we have a 3-person elim team, one with phasing, one with steel, and one with illusion, it would make them very difficult to find and kill. In other words, a bit overwhelming. Considering they are 'rightful rulers' who think epics should be in power, I'm willing to guess all of them have an epic power. It's possible they have some combination of two of the three already mentioned.

You're still soft-cleared for me, because as we both pointed out, elims attacking one of their own just doesn't seem like a good move.

2 hours ago, Gancho Libre said:

Cadmium Compounder. I had the impression of forced innocence in their posts during the last cycle. However, this vote may change.

I mean I can't really do anything at this point to prove my innocence, and unfortunately I haven't done much analysis this cycle. I'll try to do more later and get on and vote.

Edit: crimsn, people are suspicious of you because wolf is in your name. Anyway, I do find bards role interesting, and it's sad to see him go so early, but I don't know if there would be any other secret roles. 1 more maybe? 

With regards to starting out only being able to be killed by the lynch, I don't think it's too overpowered, but I also think that it's very likely that there is also a village with that power. So while I will not be voting for you now, I will keep my eyes on you, and I'll put a vote on elanderaon a gut read based off of how I have chosen to read and apply tone to what thay have said. I'

Edited by Cadmium Compounder

1 hour ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

Anyway, I do find bards role interesting, and it's sad to see him go so early, but I don't know if there would be any other secret roles

Bard was never a player. I'm guessing his 'death' had to do with something that happened in the spec doc.

The question over elim!steel-abilities really goes down to balance. It's quite possible there is one, but if there is, what other ones might they have and still be balanced? My bets are still on phasing and illusion, like I suggested last cycle. Both of those allow elims to make their kills while remaining difficult to track. 

One thing we could do is look at who was in the room with Crimsn. I could be wrong, but my cursory glance makes me feel there wasn't a lot of shuffling. Though, it's possible a phaser moved into the room, attacked Crimsn, then moved back to their same room.

EDIT: Upon reevaluation, the only apparent move was Devotary into the kitchen.

Edited by Elandera

Quickly just going to say that the cycle end is at a pretty crappy time for me as well, so I won’t be on then as well.

Suspicions: The first two posts feel very weird to me. This might just be me, but wouldn’t it make perfect sense for the elims to try to get the person that they can’t kill lynched. 

Itiah @I think I am here. I’m putting my money where my mouth is (wrong game?)

40 minutes ago, Elandera said:

The question over elim!steel-abilities really goes down to balance. It's quite possible there is one, but if there is, what other ones might they have and still be balanced? My bets are still on phasing and illusion, like I suggested last cycle. Both of those allow elims to make their kills while remaining difficult to track. 

EDIT: Upon reevaluation, the only apparent move was Devotary into the kitchen.

Phasing is also an ability that grants immunity to all kills except the lynch, so long as the player with that ability phases every turn. An elim team with two members that can only be killed by the lynch seems overpowered, so they probably don't have both steel and phasing. As such, I won't vote for Crimsn unless there's more evidence then her role and the fact that she was attacked.

I'm surprised that nobody moved. Last cycle, I received a message from Sart saying that he would be dropping his mobile in the Living Quarters. Seeing no reason Sart would message me exclusively, I assumed that other players had also been PM'd by Sart and might move to the Living Quarters for a chance to receive a mobile. At the very least, I would have expected Sart to move so that he wouldn't accidentally get his mobile back.