Strange Error, Board Message - Page Not Found

Chaos

I've gotten two errors in the past few minutes as I tried to post saying "Board Message - Page Not Found". Has anyone else been having this problem, and for how long? I've just had it tonight and it is disconcerting. Everything should be working fine. Even when I attempted to post and I got that error, the post still went through.

EDIT: This has happened a few times when I have tried to refresh the page.

Edited by Chaos

Really? It said "Page Note Found", not "Page Not Found"? That's weird.

I don't recall any specifics, but something's sticking out in the back of my mind. I can't recall if I was posting on the forums or on the wiki, but I did the "Hit F5, confirm resubmission" thing and my post went through fine afterwards.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for anything like this in the future. If I see something like that happen again, I'll make a note of it in this thread for you.

No, I just can't spell apparently. Oops.

This should effect only the main site (not the wiki or MBI) and this is different from our various "delightful" server messages. You'll see the difference immediately--this error shows the 17th Shard banner.

so you're getting the soft-404 on submission? that's weird... I can't think of why though, nor am I getting that error...

EDIT: spoke too soon, and no it's not the soft-404, it's a software error, you should print screen and submit a bug on IP's site.

I've been getting a few random errors today too while switching between the homepage and forums. "[#10CCS2] We could not find the page you were looking for." Usually clicking f5 fixes it but seems to be somewhat related.

I got this exact same thing a couple of times about an hour ago. I refreshed and it worked properly, so I just kinda shrugged it off and moved on. It's been fine since then.

I've been getting a few random errors today too while switching between the homepage and forums. "[#10CCS2] We could not find the page you were looking for." Usually clicking f5 fixes it but seems to be somewhat related.

I got this trying to get to this topic. twice.

I had a mysql database error this morning around 6am. I got it on 2 computers.

That might have been Eric uploading the TWG stuff, since it happened over at the wiki and the twg. subdomain and probably the RPG too.

At 6am? Hell no. The databases should be fine. In fact, every module of the site is in its own database. Even if I was uploading files, that would have zero effect on the main site.

If it there were SQL errors everywhere, that has to be a server issue.

The only other reason I can possibly surmise that is causing all of these issues are my uploading of the TWG archive on SMF two days ago. But like I said, there shouldn't be any overlap between the two.

EDIT: New rule, if you get an error that is not one of the usual server errors (these are always denoted by a blank white screen, with a giant number, like 508 error), which I surmise the SQL error was, specify this. This is important

Edited by Chaos

I seem to recall the message saying it wasn't a server issue, that it was specifically a SQL problem.

There was a pink box going across the length of the window, with a white box that was allegedly supposed to contain an error message. There was no error message.

I seem to recall another part of it saying, "This is not IP-Something's fault" or OP or some other two-letter acronym.

I know this doesn't help much. Sorry I didn't take a screenshot.

Edit: The pink box error was only on www.17thshard.com. coppermind.17thshard.com showed the Coppermind logo, a message saying it was unavailable, and a Google search box to search for cached articles.

Edited by darniil

Okay, cool, that's the error that's been popping up, and the one I was referring to in the original post.

Still don't know why it appears.

EDIT: Heh, and I get the error as I try to post.

Edited by Chaos