The Ghostblood Ball

PrinceDusty

Dwig strolled right into the duel, wandering across the field of battle. He was humming his one of theme songs: Could have been me by The Struts. He finally noticed the duel happening and shrugged, not knowing who to join. He tossed a few nails on the ground and Pushed himself up to about fifteen feet. "Whichever of you impresses me more in the next minute gets my support" Dwig nodded and shouted to the band "I've got a request, next song, play The Rubberband Man" One of the musicians yelled back "That one in Infinity War" "Yup, and not the radio edit either. I want the full song" Dwig bellowed back. 

Mejin moved away from the confused man and found herself next to yet another person she didn't recognize. He loomed over her slightly, but she didn't let his height faze her as he spoke.

After considering denying her identity, rushing away, Lightweaving a disguise, and coming back, Mejin decided that would be a bit excessive. Though she would have to do something. Too many people were just recognizing her on sight. And she wasn't even that conspicuous in her own opinion.

"Yes, that's me. Though I haven't been one of his pupils in over a decade now," she shifted her weight, slightly uncomfortable. "I don't think we've ever both entered a situation in which we'd ever have the occassion to meet before." Her eyes shifted back to the fight, despite her best wishes. Thankfully she spotted Lei wandering and the knowledge of her Cryptic being present calmed her.

@Arlin

Edited by Silva

“No I’ve never been able to attend these types of things before unfortunately. Li fallowed her eyes to the dual in front of them.

”Guess it was a good thing we didn’t spark Night after all” Tiiyu piped in his green light flickering 

“Yes looks like they’ve aready started fighting. At least its better than the last time we tried to go to a party.” Li remarked.

@Silva

Klasten was tempted to pour jellybeans on the heads of the combatants, but that would have been a waste of good jellybeans. Instead, he shot some of the fireworks he had on hand into the air. They made loud noises and exploded into bursts of pretty light. 

If this duel is a distraction for something, I'm storming complicit now.

Disguising it as an errant firework, he also shot a flare into the air. He quickly scanned the briefly illuminated area for threats. Mace had taught him that paranoia was the key to survival. That, and never riding something you can't (theoretically) eat. He took both of those to heart. 

Oh ho, I've figured it out now. 

Tena thought the fireworks were pretty cool, but she had something better. 

Competing is fun, she thought, and fired her one and only pistol straight into the air. A bullet streaked out in a loop-de-loop pattern and then exploded mid-air, sending red and orange sparks all over the place. Then, the sparks shot back together and coalesced into a huge 3-D dragon. The beast flapped its enormous wings twice, then dove at the below spectators and contestants.

It exploded again into molten-gold sparks right before it touched anyone, and Tena grinned fiercely at all the cringing people below. 

Vaisin tossed his hat in the air.

At least it’s something, he thought as his hat slowly drifted downwards, hopefully onto his head.

That’s when he saw the other person.

“Tena, right?” Vaisin said, walking over to the person. “You served in the Seven Day War, right? Woah, I’ve, uh, got a collection of action figures from when I was a kid, and you’re, uh, one of them.” Vaisin hoped he wasn’t being too awkward, so he made a smile that only increased the awkwardness, and fidgeted around.

“So, yeah, uh, cool.”

@AxeliustheGreat

For reference, Vaisin is 14

Althea followed Meijin and Vaisin to the duel and then left them alone, stepping closer to the duel. If it really could be called a duel. The moment the speaker had announced that as long as they kept a certain distance they were allowed to interact with the combatants turned it from duel to "entertaining side show". Night seemed to hold himself quite well and so she simply continued to observe. She planed to step in, before it turned into an embarresment, but doing so now would show everybody that someone weak had been chosen for a vital position.

@PrinceDusty

Edited by Sorana

Haven’t been reading this, sorry. But storms, if that’s a plot twist. A marching army? Can’t wait for elaboration!

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

He had been in brief and terse discussion with Mac when the announcement was made. Hearing that people could assist the fighters, Alum said, “I’ll assist whoever gives the best argument proving that they are the ‘good guy’ in this situation. Bonus points for rhetorical questions and alliteration.”

Edited by MetaTerminal

Devaan, sitting in the waiting room, felt a sense of connection to Olra, one of the guards on duty in the canton. Devaan quickly wrote a note and left it on the seat for Mr Amber.

We are currently meeting with another client. We will get in touch. Sincere apologies.

And tapped his tia ring, keyed to his room in the canton. Dissapearing.

Tena looked down at the kid who had talked to her from her perch on the chimney. “I’m an action figure?!” she yelled. “I guess that’s cool.” She leaned back on her hands and sort of ended up leaning on Klasten on accident.

Keep in mind, everyone, that Tena only flares up at men after one has done something mean to her, then chills and is totally cool with everyone for a while.

"I'm a little scared to find out, but what happened last time?" Mejin asked. She still watched to duel, though her eyes now wandered farther back and forth. It didn't matter to her if others knew she was wary. The fact she was somewhere where things might blow over was a big enough step for the day - anything else requiring effort would have to wait.

@Arlin

"I remember that one. Except instead of on the frontlines I wound up searching high a low for my family," her eyes started tearing at the memory. Mejin blinked the moisture back before it became substantial. She'd cried over that failure enough and now was not the time. "Some might consider war a more pleasant alternative to attending social events. I disagree with them, but where do you stand?"

@Arlin

He seemed earnest in his words and despite his affiliations, Mejin found herself less at edge. "Seventeen years now," she said finally. "That's quite a while. I honestly never expected peace to last this long." Mejin flicked back a strand of hair that had fallen in front of her face. "I wonder how much longer it'll last..." she wondered softly, "all good things do come to an end, just like the bad."

@Arlin

“Yes they eventually do,” Li agreed “but we still can hope that this will last a bit longer.  You know Devaan called me a cowered once, he was probably was right. I don’t know where I’ll be if another war starts but I hope I’ll only help end it this time  if it does.”

@Silva

Edited by Arlin

The young man (who is unnamed but possibly recognizable) belched so loudly that it shook the chandeliers of the hall. His mom had told him that people in the Alleyverse got into duels all of the time, and that, because those duels were the centers of attention, one was more likely to be maimed, hurt, killed, or turned into a potted plant if one went near them. So he just drank as much rootbeer as he could and burped his favorite songs.

It pulled away from It's conversation, finding the duel. It saw what was happening. One of them was getting destroyed. So It summoned a shardblade in the form of a Chakram. It threw it at the winning combatant, as he wasn't a Ghostblood. It also released five Larkins out of it's pocket near the awakened dolls.

@PrinceDusty

"Devaan's called many people many things," Mejin said thinking back to all those years ago when he'd called her spoiled and indignant. "Doesn't mean he's always completely correct. A coward doesn't own up to his mistakes." Again her gaze drifted towards Lei who was now climbing onto a balcony. "And if it becomes between your guild or preventing war, where will you stand this time? Will your loyalty drown you out, or will you speak up?" She knew she may be pushing him a bit much, but knowing something like this was critical.

@Arlin

Edited by Silva
Grammar

“Perhaps... perhaps...” Li said thoughtfully then looked met Mejin’s gaze “I still bear the Aon of hope as my mark. Know that I will do as little as I can to help another war start, but also know that I am a knife,and do as I am called upon.” Li warned “I have more harm and good by healing people than most people have ever done by killing. I don’t want another war to happen and if history decides there must be another one I won’t help it along perhaps even disway it a bit but take comfort knowing that I will help end it. The last one was bad enough.” Li finished solemnly.

@Silva

Edited by Arlin