The Ghostblood Ball

PrinceDusty

Tena breathed a sigh of relief at seeing Devaan leaving the room. She gently rubbed her Ghostblood tattoo, a weird habit of her's. She turned to Ivizi and said, "Y'know, that Devaan guy is pretty scary." She checked her watch, which actually didn't a clock on it, instead the locations of all the tracking devices she had attuned to it. "Huh." Of course, four of the signals were her own position, but one (the one that was attached to Klasten) gave a reading nearby. Iffina formed into a Shardshield just a rogue piece of popcorn nearly hit her. 

Okay everybody, the way the tracking devices work is that Tena can attach them to someone, but then the device will dig into the target's skin painlessly and let the scab over top of it heal. 

"Gorram it!" Tena yelled at Klasten. "Just quit the popcorn thing, okay?" 

Althea looked up when a woman approached her. For a moment she was surprised by the way to start a conversation, then she gave a short, appreciating nod. She liked it when people adressed what was going on.

"One of our creatures escaped and attacked our guests. I am sorry if that caused any inconvenience to you."

Sticking to the official story Lusk had told everybody, she told her nothing new.

"My name is Althea. Is there anything I could do to compensate you for what happened?"

She enquired politely, careful to keep away from any promises. Watching the woman's face she supressed a smile. It would be interesting to see if she pressed on further or let the topic fall aside.

@Silva

"Mighty convenient you had the means to clean up the mess immediately," Mejin told Althea. "Almost as though..." She let that sentence drop. "Compensation is most definitely not necessary. Nothing happened and everyone is quite alright. Unless...wait. Is the staff unharmed?"

@Sorana

Edited by Silva

Eventually the greasy substance vanished from the floor as though it had never been, allowing Laurelai and a few of the less coordinated guests nearby to pick themselves up off the ground.

She gave an uneasy and slightly apologetic smile to an elderly man whose eyes caught hers, but years of incidents like this had trained her not to feel too embarrassed by the affair. She headed to one side of the room where a few healers had gathered, tending to the minor wounds of anyone who couldn't heal themselves.

But it seemed everyone was being taken care of without the need for her to risk anything worse happening. She stayed nearby in case her help would be needed, but otherwise simply watched the other guests of the party as they all split into their own groups, conversing and speculating at what had been going on.

She was close, so close to finally having a working stamp. Hopefully this party would give her the final piece of insight that she needed.

Why did I seek the Old Magic?

"Yes, utterly convenient."
Althea replied, a false smile spreading on her lips.
"The staff is fine. You don't need to worry."
she ensured the woman, although if she was honest with herself, she had absolutely no idea if anybody of the staff had gotten hurt. But they could always go to the hospital and let themselves get stiched together.
"I fear, I haven't presented myself, yet. I am called Althea."

@Silva

please don't take it personally, Althea isn't the nicest person. =)

Mr Amber smiled slightly. “I understand, I have looked for that information for a while, it would seem too easy if you could instantly find out.” He thought for a moment. “Where can I find the largest stash of bloodforged oculator’s lenses?”

—   

Ski walked into the building and handed the servant her invitation.

”Ski Shayarus, Knight of Crystalia!”

Walking in, she cursed her lateness, she spent way too long looking for her uncle, she wanted support when she walked directly into enemy Ghostblood territory for the first time.

@Life&Death

"That... is unfortunately a dynamic truth, which I cannot gather unless told." Cenet's tone was disappointed, not in the man, just in the question and his own limited information. He decided to guide a bit of the questions, "while it may seem that my skills are not for you, what I can offer would be to explain more static truths, like different ways to manipulate certain aspects of reality. Which I believe you call Investiture in this 'verse."

"I think you actually did introduce yourself," Mejin said, she'd take any edge she could get. "I'm Mejin. Hope you don't mind if I do worry about them. It's a habit."

@Sorana

Those are the best types of people :P. To not take it personally would be an insult!

“Ah, I misunderstood the nature of your knowledge. Let me see.....” Mr Amber trailed off, thinking. As he did so he spotted Ski walk in, and slid to his left a bit to remain out of sight. Internally he cursed. She wasn’t supposed to be invited! Calmly he addressed the man again. “Perhaps you can answer this. How do you modify Spirt webs?”

There are many ways you could be of assistance, but you would never agree, Mejin thought, many ideas coming to mind. But she settled by saying, "not at the moment." 

"Are you newer to Alleycity?" she asked in a futile attempt to keep conversation going. "I don't recall ever having seen you around."

@Sorana

Nogard walked over to the snack table. To his dismay, there weren't any apples. Oh well, he thought. He scooped up a couple of the more recognizable ones and swallowed them whole. He stuck a few in one of his pockets for later. As Nogard walked away from the snack table he noticed a young man chugging root beer. Intrigued, Nogard turned his walk towards the stranger. @I Am Witless

The woman turned towards the person walked towards her. She frowned; she had been sure this was a good hiding spot. Oh well.

"I apologize, but I am not in any guilds, and I do not plan on joining any. Most things I get involved with usually end up going up in flames. I'd rather not become a hindrance to your guild, would I?"

Important plot point thing #1

Night nodded to Rilu. "Yeah, sorry, I was lost in thought for, like, 48 hours.." Night looked around nervously before proceeding. Arden was nowhere in sight, which only made him more nervous. Night was sure Arden had something to do with the rumors, but he didn't know how his appearance related to the sudden arrival... yet.

"There've been... disturbing rumors of an army in the far corners of the Alleyverse, marching towards the old Alleycity, an hour south of here. Have you heard these rumors? Does TUBA have a stance on them?"

@Inklingspren

Edited by PrinceDusty

"An army?" Rilu asks. "I have not heard anything of this. Of course, I don't pay much attention to any of that stuff. I'd guess TUBA's stance would be neutral unless they attacked." Still holding the cookie, he took a bite. Night hadn't wanted it, and Rilu was craving cookies.

Very important plot point, for those of you who care. This is where it starts to go down. Continue partying if you don't care about this little bit of plot in the Alleyverse at the moment, which I will have lead up to big things. I'll be fine. But some help would be welcome.

Night nodded, disappointed. He didn't know what Rilu's rank within TUBA was, but he assumed that Rilu would know most of what anyone above him did, and therefore felt justified in assuming that TUBA knew nothing of the rumors. 

He needed to know more about the rumors. Something about Arden... in the back of his head, he was positive there was a connection. But he had no idea why he would think that as the only other time he had ever even seen Arden was fighting alongside the Chaos Marines at the Waystop. And that had been months ago. Unfortunately, no one seemed to know anything of the rumors.

Night needed to question all of the remaining guilds. Stickquisitors, Liebrarians, everyone.

Then Night saw him. Halfway across the room, at a table behind the root beer bar. Sitting alone, staring at the wall. Arden Cariin. 

Well, now is as good a time as any.

Night politely excused himself and left Rilu to eat the cookie- Night needed to find some of those- and made his way through the hordes of dancing NPCs on the ballroom floor. Arden was still staring at the wall, six or seven feet in front of him, across the table.

Night sat down across from Arden, interrupting his view. "You."

~~~

Arden shot out of the conversation, interrupted by a familiar voice. His eyes widened as the room faded back into view.

"Third of the Night." The man he had been looking for. "Fancy seeing you here," Arden said, mental gears whirring. He hadn't even had to look for Night, Night had come to him. What did that mean? Was Night aware?

"I did plan this," Night said. "And you were not invited. Not that you aren't welcome, but what are you doing here?"

Arden Blanked, returning to the conversation that he had been in before Night interrupted them. "Detour to the new Ghostblood Mansion- my location. NOW!" 

"We're arriving at the Alleycity! We've been marching for weeks," the person at the other end of Arden's conversation said. But he knew Arden was serious, and the conversation cut out again as the person on the other end started riding at top speed, along with those accompanying him.

Arden's eyes focused and he looked at Night. Arden smiled. "They are coming. Now, let's have a duel."

Night's eyes widened. "Here?"

Arden laughed. "Are you afraid, Ghostblood? We can use one of the side rooms if you want."

Night glared. "The gardens. In the back. Let's go. He stood, and used Abrasion to speed through one of the back doors on the side of the stage, stopping briefly to talk to one of the musicians.

The musician stopped the song. "We have been informed that a duel will be taking place out back in the gardens! We'll be moving back there to provide overly dramatic music. You can stay here or come and spectate if you would like.

~~~

Evenia arrived just in time to hear the musician's announcement. She wondered who was going to be in the duel.

I'll stop here and let everyone react to the musicians, move around a bit, or do whatever else they want before continuing with the duel. This post is long enough as it is. If you were confused, the ~~~ signifies character viewpoint change, sorry I should have said that at the beginning. I'll update the Alleyverse Wiki page with all the info needed if any of you wish for a concise plot 
(https://alleyverse.wikia.com/wiki/The_Ghostblood_Ball(Era_2))

Edited by PrinceDusty

6 hours ago, Life&Death said:

“Ah, I misunderstood the nature of your knowledge. Let me see.....” Mr Amber trailed off, thinking. As he did so he spotted Ski walk in, and slid to his left a bit to remain out of sight. Internally he cursed. She wasn’t supposed to be invited! Calmly he addressed the man again. “Perhaps you can answer this. How do you modify Spirt webs?”

"Ah," Cenet said, pleased, "you already likely know of hemalurgy, and are seeking something less detrimental. There are multiple ways to do so outside the Alleyverse, but for convenience and accessibility, I'll limit myself to here. There are certain entities of sufficient power that are capable of manipulating the Spirit Web itself as they can peer and exist inside the Spirit Realm, such as shards, and certain spren like the Nightwatcher, if you can find out for yourself what they can do, you'll be able to modify Spirit Webs."

Alright, I'm gonna leave Cenet here. Anyone can control him and have him talk to them since he's a pre-made character, just check his sheet in the character list and @ me if you have any questions about him