The Ghostblood Ball

PrinceDusty

Riathor slowly spun around. And there was Ioc.

"'Ello, old bud," Ioc said with a smile. "How are things?"

Riathor shifted in his stance. "Pretty good, I suppose,"

Ioc smiled wider. "Wonderful. Did you hear that guy announce me? G. Libre? Are you serious? I didn't even have a card,"

riathor nodded slowly. What to say?

~~~~~~~

Ioc was smiling on the outside, but not on the inside.

'Kill him, you fool!' The newest voice said. Ioc had named it Hope.

'I can't yet,' Subconscious muttered. Was it just Ioc or was Subconcious's voice getting quieter? 'It will create a disturbance,'

Ioc laid a hand on Riathor's shoulder. "Can we have a moment alone?"

Without waiting for an answer, Ioc teleported, taking Riathor with it.

9 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

Oof, that isn't very nice, considering that Hellbe... It is a Ghostblood councilman.

It noted the change of posture. And It grinned at that. A sword. How pathetic.

"They refer to me as It. A simple title, for a not so simple creature. I have fought the greatest warrior of the first era, and I nearly one. I killed many in my thirst for blood. I stabbed Harmony. But It will do. It will do just fine...:

Well....Mr Amber has been absent from the Ghostbloods for a while, and he also missed all of era 1.

It. That name hides much mystery. And also fear. Treat it well.”

10 hours ago, Nohadon said:

Devaan scanned the room. Until he saw Mr Amber talking with It. 

“Lord Amber?” He asked in the calm accent of the old terris. 

“My lady has a buisness proposition for you. Allow me to explain,if you please”

“Yes? Oh, of course. Please do.” 

The young man looked down at the floor.

"Or maybe not. I'm sorry." He said before rushing over to the tables of food. He loaded up an empty salad bowl with as much as he could get, then wandered over to the wall. There was a little spider there, sitting patiently.

"Prep to enable websuit. I want to survive this. And tell Mom that I got her a couple cans of root beer." The spider bobbed up and down in acknowledgment. 

“Ladies and gentlemen, fresh from Shinovar, Klasten of TUBA!” bellowed the announcer. Seconds later, Klasten materialized in front of the front door.

“Hello everyone,” he said distractedly. He was too busy analyzing the upper levels of the building to acknowledge the party guest’s expressions of greeting.

“Excuse me,” he mumbled as he bumped into a waiter. As the man stumbled to keep his balance, Klasten stole his bowtie. He walked quickly away, tying it around his own neck, but his eyes remained fixed on the upper balconies.

There. He spotted what he was looking for. A lone figure, perched above the dance floor, nose in a book.

With a grin, he headed off towards the spiral staircase that connected the main floor to the second. It was time to engage in his favourite party pastime: throwing popcorn at the nerds as they tried to read.

Tena did a little flip in annoyance at the woman's lack of a response, then Steelpushed against a dropped coin upon noticing some dude leaning against the high balcony, reading a book. She gracefully landed next to him and plucked the book out of his hands, fast as a striking viper. She scanned the open page for a moment while the man was still staring bewilderedly at his empty hands. Though she didn't have an exactly great vocabulary, she was still trying to get the general gist of what the page said. 

"Reading is boring," she explained to the rich-looking dude, "but annoying people who are reading is super fun." She gave him a grin. 

Rick was content, there was free food to be had. He strode up to the grand doors of the ballroom and whispered to the announcer. "Rick, just Rick." the announcer boomed. Rick smiled, it was time to make an appearance. He slammed his staff into the ground and spoke. 

"And so they stood, The Other rose up to stop them, and they stood. The Endless worlds crumbled and the armies of the boundless dark rose, but they stood. They stood, banishing fear, banishing death, watching, waiting for the one who leads. They waited, not knowing that their wait was fruitless, not knowing that the One was entrapped. Still, the One stood imprisoned beneath a dome of light. He could not escape, he could not escape and so the Other ended all that was, and all that will be."

Edited by Dwig Jigdens

6 hours ago, Archer said:

“Ladies and gentlemen, fresh from Shinovar, Klasten of TUBA!” bellowed the announcer. Seconds later, Klasten materialized in front of the front door.

“Hello everyone,” he said distractedly. He was too busy analyzing the upper levels of the building to acknowledge the party guest’s expressions of greeting.

“Excuse me,” he mumbled as he bumped into a waiter. As the man stumbled to keep his balance, Klasten stole his bowtie. He walked quickly away, tying it around his own neck, but his eyes remained fixed on the upper balconies.

There. He spotted what he was looking for. A lone figure, perched above the dance floor, nose in a book.

With a grin, he headed off towards the spiral staircase that connected the main floor to the second. It was time to engage in his favourite party pastime: throwing popcorn at the nerds as they tried to read.

Elend is fine but if you start throwing popcorn at Vin then things might start to get a little... apocalyptic in here. :ph34r:

They were coming again.

Too small to be an earthquake, to large to be a drunken hallucination. The tremors were happening. Periodically. The underling had come back, thankfully, with two of his friends.

Lusk sighed. Two wouldn’t cut it. Another rumble and tremor rang through the ground, vibrating and shaking the silverware in their place. Some people were starting to get worried, it seemed.

Taking a char from the side and standing up on it, Lusk addressed the party.

“Hello all! Please do not mind the slight tremors here and there, our team is trying very hard to -”

Something burst out of the ground. It twisted and turned and swirled high in the air, it’s mass snake-shaped as it lashed down to attack. Only if you were close would you notice it was actually 50 Awakened ropes, brought to life by the command to “Be one.” It was effectively a hivemind of individual ropes, and at any moment could split into 50 of its smaller forms.

“Everyone get down!” Lusk shouted as he was picked up and thrown across the room.

Monster time! I expect it to be taken down pretty quickly, considering all the people we have here, but it’s mainly something to talk/gossip/plan about after the fight is over. Enjoy being strangled! ^_^

Edited by I think I am here.

1 hour ago, AxeliustheGreat said:

Tena did a little flip in annoyance at the woman's lack of a response,

Sorry. Was in school.

Before she could formulate a decent response, the woman was off again. Mejin followed her with her eyes over to a man on a balcony, just trying to read his book.

Poor fellow. she thought pityingly as a few people started heading towards him.

Then a creature erupted from the floor, making Mejin grateful she was standing to the side. Other people would take care of it, so she didn't worry too much. After all, she had expected something to go wrong.

Edited by Silva

Tena stared at the huge mass of slithering Awakened ropes. She then sighed and took out a match from one of her pockets and a small flagon of whiskey from another. “And I was going to drink this, too,” she said sorrowfully. 

She flicked a coin to the ground and Steelpushed herself directly at the Awakened snake. The match lit as she roughly scraped it against her pant leg and she poured the whiskey directly on the snake’s head, dropping the match right after. Hopefully, she thought, this snake’ll just light on fire and be dead. I wonder who would waste so Breaths on something so easy to destroy. She Steelpushed away from the beast.

@I think I am here.

Edited by AxeliustheGreat

I originally thought it should be made out of steel cords, before realising how many Breaths you’d need for that. :(

The Monster surged and squirmed. It was a thing of primal instinct, created to destroy, not much else. Just one of the newer monsters the Ghostbloods had created in the 16 Year Peace, one of the weaker ones two.

A lady Pushed herself above it and poured whisky on the Monsters head, dropping a match. But the Monster was a hive mind, so when the match dropped, the Monster sent only one of its rope-tendrils to grab it out of midair, sacrificing itself for the Monster.

Upwards. The monster had no eyes, but it could still see. The lady who dropped the match was still above it. Sending four ropes upwards to grab and tighten around the lady’s arms and legs, the Monster yanked her towards its main body, ready to strangle her.

Rilu was about to take out his book, but between the snake and popcorn-throwers, that wouldn't work. He only carried a small knife, and against the massive snope (he decided to call it) that and his Surges wouldn't do much. "You can take em!" Oberon cheered, but Rilu knew better.

"A knife? Against fifty ropes? and what good are Cohesion and Transportation?" He replied.

Oberon was silent. Rilu would wait this out. This had to be part of a bigger plan of the Ghostbloods. They wouldn't let a snope run free. The awakener could have easially recalled their Breaths.

Silas had just entered with his dance-partner, Ivizi, when a snake-like monster burst through the ground. "Well I was planning for us to be able to dance, but I guess this will have to work too," Silas said as he took out his Dakhor bone throwing knife, which had been Awakened with the command "Return after thrown", and with a throw, he aimed to cut off the ropes of the nope-rope (Silas' name for the monster), and free his mother. Then, he took out a reinforced vial of boomslang snake venom, and rubbed another knife with it.

Edited by JacobClaessen

Just as she was about to be introduced, Laurelai watched as an enormous serpentine creature of some kind burst out from underneath the floor. She ducked behind a nearby pillar, taking shelter as people began to yell around her.

It seemed that there were plenty of people eager to take this thing down but the first to get a hit in was a woman who seemed to fly across the room, dropping a match onto the creature only for it to be stopped as one tendril spun apart from the main body and snagged the match from the air.

Awakening? Not like any normal Awakening that I've seen before.

The tendril that had split apart caught fire, separating itself from the rest of the body before the flame could spread.

Well, I have always wanted to try something with fire. Laurelai mused wryly.

She leaned out from behind the pillar, taking in the full scene before her before focusing in on the fire that had begun burning through the tendril. Ordinarily the chances of Forgery working on fire were non-existent, you couldn't stamp something that was amorphous.

But Laurelai needed no stamp in order to forge something.

She had been there the moment this fire was created, she already knew its history. And she knew that fire liked to spread.

It took only a moment for her to rewrite history. The ropes had never managed to separate, they hadn't noticed the fire in time.

Suddenly the main body of the creature caught fire as well, already burning just as much as the loose tendril was.

Mack heard the ground rumble, and jumped up and ran to the side of the room, tapping his chest which closed is helmet, and opened a compartment exposing an Aon edo that began to glow, creating a shield around his armor. As he turned around he saw the monster burst from the ground. Studying it, he realized that it looked like ti was made of ropes. So it wasn't sentient, that was good. Mack relaxed a little and moved along the wall edging away from the scene. His Edo could protect him from any physical damage that the monster could cause, but getting slammed into still wasn't fun.

Mac sat idly watching the chaos ensue from the CR, trying to figure out where this monster came from. The DA didn't make it, that was for sure. Same with the craftsmen. And the liebrary just didn't do stuff like that. Same with the CoC and the Minor Guilds. That left TUBA and the GB's. TUBA didn't seem this devious or evil to create something that could get loose like that. So it was probably the GB's. Inwardly he groaned. Even though 16 years had passed, they were still trying to make power grab? Why else would they make something like this? Deciding that he didn't want to show everyone he was there, he didn't draw on the one power. He also didn't want to risk removing the entire ballroom from the Alleys with Alleymatics, he wasn't as precise as he used to be, being retired and all. So he also just moved off to the side.

I won't be able to be on that much, so that's why I'm having my guys run away, please don't attack them.

Mr Amber watched the giant snake explode in with some annoyance. This is getting bothersome. He thought. With all the powerful entities in the room, it would be taken care of soon, and the damage would probably be Soulcast away.

It simply wasn’t worth revealing his secret for, so he calmly walked to a nearby chair and sat down, waving over one of the waiters for some hot chocolate.

Since this was a Ghostblood ball, the waiters were specially trained to continue serving people drinks and food even when fighting or massive explosions occurred. In fact, some of the best stuff was brought out during said fights or explosions to help maximize viewers entertainment.

The young man put his back to the wall and said "Enable websuit". His shirt fell apart, leaving him bare chested (which wasn't an altogether bad sight).

The tattered remnants of his shirt split apart into what they actually were - small, colorful spiders that had acted like cremlings to form another object. A few of the ones from the armpit section were dead, but that was only expected.

Quickly and efficiently, they climbed up the young man's body and started weaving a strong protective layer with their thread. It resembled a snowsuit, and could get hit by a car without the person inside being injured.

That didn't mean that the young man had extra stength. He was just more likely to survive an attack, and waddled behind a pillar for good measure.

Tena cursed. Wasted whiskey is never a good thing. She Commanded the ropes to release her, then dropped to the ground, realizing something as she did. She face-palmed. 

Great gods, I was told not to attack that thing! Shows what comes of being a bloodthirsty maniac.... She lightly Steelpushed her way back to the balcony and leaned against it. Her son was making a valiant effort at attacking the creature, and Tena thought she saw a woman standing near him. 

“Huh. Guess Silas is following in my footsteps. That of being a total charmer, of course.”

Night screamed mentally, unleashing a volley of profanity that would have made the King's Wit cringe. "Dangit! I wanted that dance! And what is this monster that dares interrupt my Ball?!"

Outwardly, he adopted a slightly concerned face. 

"What do you say we take this thing down, Althea?" Night grinned, summoning his silent spren in Shardblade form, long and sharp to cut through as many of the ropes as possible. Burning the Stormlight stored in the spheres in a pocket of his coat, he slicked his body with Abrasion so that he could easily slide through the crowd of screaming NPCs, heading straight for the Awakened monster. As he slid past it, reached out and touched the ropes using the Surge of Division. Large portions of the monster crumbled to dust, even with the resistance granted to it through its Awakened state.

Silas decided to begin doing a handstand, then he tapped Steel and slammed into the wall immediately to the left of him. Then, he stood up and walked over to his mother, with Ivizi not far behind. "Mother, I do not believe you have met Ivizi. She is the Public Relations Officer for the Babatharnam Peoples of the Alleyverse. Also, she is an incredible chef."

@AxeliustheGreat