The Ghostblood Ball

PrinceDusty

If it ends in a fight, it ends in a fight. Althea simply tries to keep the number of enemies low.

"So what do you think of waiting to see, if he decides to leave? Before we start fighting each other?"
she asked, ignoring the part about stopping her attack on Mac. That she wouldn't do.

@kenod

KoTiel thought back to Mac's previous fight. "I don't think she can actually hurt him," they thought. "I don't think she can harm me either, but watching might teach me something." "Sure." They told the girl after a moment. "Hey Mac, are you planning on fighting these people, or are you leaving?" They yelled over their shoulder.

Edited by kenod

Ok, so as far as I can tell, there's still a battle happening?

I'll say Riathor left, because he's been outa the picture for so long it would be inconvinient to get him back in.

Anbd last I saw, ioc is frozen in a single spot in space, and that spot is the center of a void?

Mac what exaclty does that mean? Also, i edited my earlier post, like you said.

@MacThorstenson

So mac stuck Ioc in a space loop where he gets teleported to the same spot every millisecond. I'm going to say that Mac forgot about Ioc and Ioc can now do what he wants. Alleymatics required constant concentration. Thank you for the edit. Im just going to assume that the rest of our duel proceeded as outlined, cuz a lot of stuff happened since then.

I would caution against bringing Ioc back to the fight tho. That would make Mac focus entirely on him, and cause him to remove distractions, like other characters. 

I like how Dwig managed to reproduce a one of the kind amulet, but I'll role with it.

The timer has restart, but mac had located the stuff before he fell, relocating it is easy. Each combatant gets one more post to distract Mac before he brings the rocks in. Sorona you get two, because Night isnt going to be attacking.

Mac Grinned. He had found it. And all he had to do was weav- His internal monologue was cut off when the ground turned to smoke and he fell through. Storm it all. At least he had found them. As soon as he regained his footing, and put out the fire with weaves of water and tapped gold to heal himself, he saw Dwig give over two amulets. Their owners were promptly hit by fireballs. But the weaves making the fireballs dissolved upon contact. How did he get those? Grrr. Oh well. I may not be able to hit them directly, but I can still throw stuff at them. He stopped the fireballs and started using weaves of air to throw rocks at people.

"I'm trying to destroy this place. It would go a whole lot faster if y'all left or joined me, but you guys keep on attacking me." 

He warped himself across the room, and extinguished all his weaves of the one power. He needed maximum concentration for this next part. And located the rocks his wanted to drop.

@Gancho Libre @Sorana

56 minutes ago, Dwig Jigdens said:

The amulet was not, in fact, one of a kind, Elayne managed to reproduce several flawed copies. Dwig has access to a channeler with the Talent for ter'angreal, allowing him to recreate the amulet. (It took several years, though)

Yeah this seems reasonable. But would be very limited in the number of perfectly functional copies that could exist.

Thanks Mac!

Ioc shook its head in wonderment. What had happened? For the longest time, Ioc couldn't move.

Oh well. Ioc didn't feel like sticking around. Riathor was gone and all, so Ioc wouldn't need to take anyone with it.

Unless...

Ioc spun to the rest of the GB main Ballroom. "If anyone needs a ride," Ioc declared, you better hurry,"

Ioc said this, then realized Mac may not like it. Oh well. What's done is done.

If anyone needs a lift, yall can just godmod Ioc into taking yall anywhere ya want

Edited by Gancho Libre

Why don't we say Dwig gave Night and Tena slighly flawed amulets, (Those protect from most weaves, but not really powerful ones) while he has a fully functional one.

Dwig reached into his pocket again and pulled out a small sphere that glowed green along its circumference. He twisted its top and bottom halves in opposite directions, then tossed it at Mac. The sphere was a Guardian, a ter'angreal that blocked the use of the Power in a certain radius. This one's radius was fairly small, so Dwig had to use it like a grenade. "GO" He yelled to Tena and Night before tapping steel and blurring towards Mac.

I won't be back on today after this, so I'll just have Mace cause some trouble, then leave. He's probably headed to one of the two locations he hinted at wanting to destroy. How long it takes him to get there will depend on whether I feel that him trashing something is needed to advance the plot, or if what's been put in motion is sufficient. I'm playing this by ear.

Mace ran had-first into the wall for the hundredth time. It was starting to get repetitive. Run, smack, bounce off, repeat. Coupled with the pain he felt when he wasn’t storing it, the entire exercise was incredibly dissatisfying.

What was satisfying was the damage he was doing. Noticeable cracks were running along the wall, and most of the decorations had been shook off. Given time, the whole building would collapse. With all these fires and people running amok hitting things, it’s coming down sooner than later, he thought to himself. Time to go then.

He watched as Klasten left the building. For all his gruff exterior, he did care about the boy. He certainly didn’t want to see him be crushed under the roof of a minor mansion. Good heroes died in battle.

He picked his way through the room, avoiding the people fighting Mac. It didn’t matter how they died, fighting a fruitless battle or when the building crumbled. She’ll be avenged either way.

Mace increased his weight and speed, becoming a blur. He sprinted towards the west wall. As he neared it, he jumped upwards. He trajectory took him through a low-set stained glass window, shattering it and tearing a section of the wall out, then onto the front lawn. He landed in a crouch, leaving a lengthy skid mark in the grass.

Party’s over, he thought, pulling a small detonator from his pocket. Without hesitation, he flicked the switch with his thumb, activating the EMP he’d left on the ballroom floor. Then he stood up and ran away, an unnaturally fast blur rapidly disappearing down the road. 

Tena noted Mace bravely running away, figured he was going to go blow something up, and Compunded steel while doing her ice-skating no-friction movement. That made her go pretty fast, and she had excellent balance, so she managed to follow Mace without landing on her face and getting KOed by the street concrete. 

By Sam’s name, Tena thought, the things I do to be around pretty men.... She broke into giggles and nearly fell over, but maintained her balance and tried to shut off her conscious brain.

14 hours ago, I Am Witless said:

[Want to have Yzy meet with Mace?] 

Sure! He already got the spider message, so he knows to watch for her. We can meet wherever is convenient. 

Klasten slowly backed away from the building. He squinted his eyes so the mansion looked tiny, then pulled out his toy trucks and held them close to his face so the perspective made them look bigger. 

"Vrooom! Eeeek!" He waved them in the air, pretending to make them crash into the roof of the building at the same time cracks appeared in it. "KABLOOEY!"