The Ghostblood Ball

PrinceDusty

KoTiel saw the ghostbloods coming to try and fight their new master. Grinning, they stepped in between them. "This could be interesting," they said. "I wonder what I could learn from this." Taking a combat stance, they readied their body for healing, and started channeling the Dor through their bones.

29 minutes ago, kenod said:

KoTiel saw the ghostbloods coming to try and fight their new master. Grinning, they stepped in between them. "This could be interesting," they said. "I wonder what I could learn from this." Taking a combat stance, they readied their body for healing, and started channeling the Dor through their bones.

Who are the GB's you're refering to?

Edited by Sorana

HAHA you got it! I wasn't expecting the shadesmar trick, but it would work. I was expecting you to use smoke to see the outline of his body.

Because you guys only found mac, hes not concerned, he thinks he could still find what he was looking for. It will count as one of his posts, but if you guys attack him now, the counter will reset.

Mac felt the air around him get soulcast into smoke, but didn't do anything about it. He had almost located his large solid objects for orbital bombardment. If he could only last a little longer he would have. He reached out further with his mind, trying to find a spot where there were a few large boulders, or metal objects. Those were always the best for this sort of thing.

@Sorana

@PrinceDusty

Edited by MacThorstenson

Tena did a side-handspring to avoid a fireball as it flew at her. Many years of living on the streets had whittled her away into a well-honed thief and murderer. Not that that bothered her, of course, since she'd also developed a partial resistance alcohol, making it harder to get drunk for her. Sometimes that was a good thing, sometimes she wished all it took was a single flask of whiskey. 

Her training on the streets had gone beyond her reflexes, though. She'd learned to never completely trust people as well. Even if that person happened to be a Fullborn named Mace Klasten. Nah, screw it. Especially if that person happened to be a Fullborn named Mace Klasten who had disappeared with no explanation for seventeen years and not contacted anyone in his loyal band of TUBAers, not even her. 

It was because of her street instincts that she'd been careful to not plant a tracking device on him. She wouldn't waste one on someone who was probably smart enough to find it, but also liable to disappear without notice. The only reason she'd planted one on (Lance?) Klasten was because she was worried that he'd end up in prison somewhere for no reason and she'd have to bust him out.

By the Sea Maiden's name, she thought, I hate being nice and worrying about people. But I guess that's what comes of being an Edgedancer. Such a shame. I think I'd be a better Dustbringer or something. That sounds like fun. Her spren began buzzing in her head in that strange way it had, and she quickly reassured Iffina that she was only joking. 

At this point, if anybody wants Tena to like them at all, they'll have to convince her they mean no harm. If she's convinced, she'll most likely plant a tracking device on them, just to show she cares. 

Edited by AxeliustheGreat

Dwig fell out of the sky, crashing into the ground, and making a crater where he landed. He trotted over to where Night and Tena were standing. "Hola. If you wouldn't mind, please take these medallions, compliments of Metallurgy and Investiture." He offered both of them a silver Ghostblood symbol on a leather band "These should protect you from whatisface's weaves." Dwig rummaged around in his pocket. "Hmm, would either of you be a Nicroburst by chance?" 

Althea shot a quick look at the man that landed next to Night and therefore close to her, her eyes still focused on her green powder.

"No, I'm not." @Dwig Jigdens

she replied, although she wasn't sure if he was talking to her aswell. It didn't really matter, and she didn't pay close attention to him, because there it was, movement. Her trick with the smoke-like powder seemed to work.

"There you are."

she told no one in particular and breathed in some stormlight. She definitly wasn't the best fighter around, but she knew her surges. Reaching with her mind back into Shadesmar she grasped at the stone and the earth under Mac's feet, and then changed it into dust, so that the stone and the earth around formed a pit for him to fall into. Then she turned her green powder into fire. Hopefully, that would buy them some time. @MacThorstenson

Settling her eyes on the man in front of her she splayed her hands in what she hoped would be an open and non aggressive gesture.
"I don't want to fight you. I just want, that you leave, all of you. Then we can try to save those, who need help."
@kenod

Well ingame, Althea didn't know that Mac was invisible. Therefore she had to realize this first, before resorting to the smoke trick.

Did Tena join our party on the floor too? Did I miss that post? I thought she was still back with Mace/ Klasten.

Edited by Sorana

Tena, Mace, and Klasten are all on the main floor, near the front of the building. Tena is waiting for Mace, Klasten is being a maniac, and Mace is trying to bring the building down on top of the Ghostbloods.

Tena accepted the medallion she had been so graciously offered and smiled at Dwig appreciatively. "Thanks, bro." 

She tapped her foot impatiently, waiting for Mace to finish whatever the madman was doing. She face-palmed, thinking of a pop culture reference she could have made earlier but was now no longer relevant. 

"So you're not interested in fighting, you say." KoTiel replied to the girl. "Like that matters to me," they said smiling, "is what I'd like to say, but I can't say I'm interested in hanging around here for too long. On the other hand, I'm leaving together with him", they said, pointing at Mac. "So if you're stopping him from leaving, I will have to get rid of you." "And," they said with delight, "I think it would allow me to learn quite a bit, don't you think?"

Also, KoTiel is male now? Good to know.

Do you look female? If yes, sry for that :unsure:. Althea has no idea what you are, and doesn't know your name, so I needed something...

"We're not stopping him from leaving, we're trying to get him to leave."
she replied and wished she never had decided to attend this ball. This chaotic mess of something. She hadn't even danced once.
"So why don't we decide not to attack each other and you can leave with Mac, when he decides to leave?"
she proposed.

@kenod

Mac spiked them with DA loyalty. Given that a pacifist can't really be part of the DA, I'm currently going with that the spike is making them fairly loopy, mostly by making them loose their sense of morals, as well as giving them the loyalty. Their pacifism has also weakened after the SDW.

Edit:
@Sorana

No problem, my head canon is that KoTiel tends to switch that kind of stuff around, but sticks with a fairly androgynous appearance. I also like finding out how other people interpret it.

"Sure, as long as you stop attacking him," KoTiel answered. "I'm not entirely sure what he's doing though, and why he hasn't left yet."

Edited by kenod

They still won't be that aggressive though, I'm planning on keeping that. Lets just go with less morals, low sense of self-preservation, and way to much curiosity. The main reason they're staying and were prepping for a fight is because they're curious about what they can do.