The Ghostblood Ball

PrinceDusty

A Mistbeaver approached Mr Amber, and then got run over my a black glass car. Unconcerned, Mr Amber got in and re ran over the mistbeaver who had gotten up again. Spinning around, hitting more beavers, Mr Amber looked around for Ski.

Ski was swarmed be three Mistbeavers, each carrying spikes. She lashed at one with her sword but it was no use. The spike stabbed into her back and she instantly stopped fighting.

Mr Amber saw the proceedings with a grim look on his face. His “niece” was now a loyal DA Member. Cursing he spun the car around and drove away from the ball. He would restore Ski to her normal self eventually, but he was unprepared right now, it was time to make a plan.

Riathor watched as the mistbeavers swarmed nearer and nearer.

And they all ignored him.

Riathor exhaled quietly in relief. Technically, he wasn't a Ghostblood, although he did share many affiliations with them.

Then, Riathor paused. Was it weird that the DA showed up, didn't allow the GBs to say anything, and started spiking people with loyalty?

They found themselves of the roof of the building. She immediately moved over to a shingle and pried free a second tia card she'd left there earlier.

"This one leads away to Devaan's training ground," she said, in explanation. "Part of a longer escape route through neutral enough territory to lose any tails, but I don't think your top priority. No offense." Mejin held it out. "Come or stay here in the open. Your choice."

@Arlin

Oops, I missed the speed bubble thing. Oh well.

But you shouldn't have gone to the roof.

The mist beavers turned away in disgust. They should have tried to leech them. They waddled back to mac. Where they awaited further orders.

One of the mistbeavers on the roof turned away from tena, started burning chromium and launched himself onto Li TaiRu's back.

@Silva @Arlin

Edited by MacThorstenson

"...and I'm gonna stop you right there," Ioc said, materializing in the path of the beaver and swatting it aside. "You know, I knew a beaver once. Nice guy, except, you know, he was a cannibal and all,"

Ioc tipped an imaginary hat at the Mac dude. "You know, I'm not a huge fan to forced loyalty, you know? I'm really a democracy guy,"

Ioc pulled a highly dangerous incendiary bomb from it's magic bag, tossed it on the ground, and vanished.

The bomb began counting down form one minute.

@MacThorstenson

Edited by Gancho Libre

2 minutes ago, Arlin said:

Li heared something scratching then stop he turned to se a frozen mist beaver behind him the horrible little thing seamed to have stoped time before attacking him “Yes lets go” Li replied grabbing the card once again

@MacThorstenson @Silva

Uhhh thats not what chromium does. you are thinking of cadmium.

Also, sorry for the short responses, I'm currently in class and can't really reply.

Edited by MacThorstenson

Ioc appeared right next to Riathor.

"You gotta help me!" Ioc exclaimed. The DA is being bad, and stuff! come to the roof!" 

And with that, Ioc was gone.

Riathor froze, then took a delicious double bagel from the feast tables. 

Why would Riathor distrust the DA? Weren't they always honest, and moral, and... not stealing stuff... and not creating hemalurgic monstronities and unleashing them on the public...

Riathor gulped, then sighed. He pulled out a vial of metals, drowned it, sighed, then flew to the stair that led onto the roof.

~~~~~

Ioc materialized on the roof once more.

"You know," it said to Mac, "You really shouldn't be bad,"

Ioc pulled out a gigantic battle ax and brandished it towards Mac.

@MacThorstenson

As of now, there are no powers in the spikes, just loyalty and the ability to survive eating any of our cookies. The powers come later once things settle down.

Gancho, I think we are in the main ball room.

A leecher can stop someone from summoning a shardblade, (we have a wob for that I think). but its worth a shot to stop a forger as well. Leeching the Dor is a futile task, but mainly hes doing it to stop any allomancy or stormlight. He doesn't know your powers.

"I don't know what you are talking about, I'm not bad. I just believe in science," Mac said as he stepped to the side, dodging the battle axe. He summoned the one power and shot balefire toward the Axe. "Besides, the GB's agreed to this."

@Arlin @Gancho Libre @kenod

Edited by MacThorstenson

Oh. Well, I'm wherever you are, so that works.

Riathor paused in his flight as a fight began in the main ballroom. Ioc verses the Mac dude.

Riathor sighed. He really didn't like forced loyalty, but he also didn't really trust Ioc.

Like, at all.

So, Riathor sat on one of the scattered chairs to watch the battle.

~~~~~

Ioc swung and missed, then jumped back as a... flame shot at it.

Ioc had never seen that before. it was like a rocket... without the rocket.

Obviously, this guy had skilz. However, Ioc had skilz as well.

You know, such as the following:

Ioc Lashed itself backward, putting some distance between the two of them, indiscreetly covering its arm in amberite. Then, Ioc teleported, aiming to come back into existence with its amberite-covered arm in Mac's face.

@MacThorstenson

So the balefire didn't hit the axe? Ok.

Mac watched as the man flew back, and then watched as his arm was covered in amberite. Then he disappeared, and suddenly Mac felt a blinding pain inside of his head. He reflexively started compounding his gold. He still couldn't see, but he could feel the man in front of him. With his arm stuck there, he probably couldn't move. Mac fired balefire straight at him.

I interpreted it as Ioc teleporting his arm inside of macs face, if that was incorrect please tell me, but I probs wont be able to respond for  couple of hours. BTW, Bale fire removes whatever objects it touches from existence.

The beaver, held on tight.

Sorry. The fire did hit. When I said Ioc jumped back, he pushed off the axe. So the axe is gone.

Yeah, you got the attack right. Have fun with that. :)

Ioc grinned. It had gotten it's fist in the enemy's face! That was the first time that had workes...

Ioc frowned. It looked down, tapping mental speed. 

Everything moved in slow motion. Including the... rocket fire thing that was shooting form mac's hands.

Ioc immediatly tapped Physsical speed as well,  then Lahed itself upwards, to it's arm remained in Mac's face, but Ioc swung like on a pivot upwards and out of the way of the flame.

Ioc stood, flexed it's muscles, then began to circle it's opponent wrestler-style.

Edited by Gancho Libre

I forgot to put this in my post, but Mr Amber’s car is made from a mix silmatic and epic technology, there is almost no metal on it and most of the metal is made form an aluminum alloy, so no mistbeavers are getting him. 

(Epic technology assists with speed, durability, and lets it shrink {like in Ant Man and Wasp} Silmatic powers it for the most part, but it can run on Stormlight and breath as well.)

Also, Ski isn’t officially a Ghostblood, but since she is “related” to one (despite not knowing it) the mistbeavers targeted her anyway.

Althea saw the beavers come closer and quickly inhaled stormlight. Shooting a quick glance at Night, she held out her hand.

"Grab my hand and I'll take you to Shadesmar to think about that?"

She then gave him as long as she dared to wait, and then elsecalled into Shadesmar just as they jumped them, hoping they wouldn't directly follow. Think Althea, she commanded herself. Think about it for a moment and sort your thoughts.

@PrinceDusty She took you, if you want to. But I felt like she needed a short moment to think about what's happening and what options there are. Maybe make a plan.

@MacThorstenson @PrinceDusty

A certain young man of unknown origins and unknown powers walked across the lawn to where a very large spider web hung between two trees. He reached his arm out as if to push through the center of the web, but his arm vanished into it instead. A little spider sat in the corner, as pleased as one could be when they have successfully built a portal through space.

Pallas Montague disappeared into the web, and the whole thing fell apart with the tug of a thread. It was time to eat dinner.

Tena Steelpushed all of the spikes away from her angrily, shouting, "Look 'ere, mutha...! I ain't gettin' spiked unless I do it meself!" She waved her Shardbattleaxe just as it appeared pointedly. "I'm the master of my own fate now," she muttered, her voice a low growl.

Seeing the fight below, she shouted, "Ioc, you're an idiot to try to fight Mac, ya'know? Anyway, woot, yeah, fight fight fight!" 

Edited by AxeliustheGreat

The roof:

Klasten swore. Appropriately, it was a beaver related curse. “I hate fighting beavers. Who could bring themselves to punch such a majestic animal?”

He watched as Tena, apparently having no such reservations, twirled her Shardbattleaxe.  

Not to be outdone, he got his lasso out, ready to whip the beavers back. Just as he was about to engage, he happened to glance at the spanreed in his inner-coat pocket. It was flashing. “Hold that thought,” Klasten said, ducking behind a chimney for some privacy.

“Give me something good,” he muttered as the spanreed worked its magic. The job was done in a matter of seconds. Four words had been inked onto the roof, in an antiquated, flowing script. ‘REMEMBER I AM COMING’ they read.

When Klasten returned to face the beavers, he was noticeably excited. “Let’s do this!” he cried. “Bad beavers. Go spike somebody else.”

Klasten spun his lasso around his head, then released it. It hooked on one of the roof’s decorative spires. Knowing Tena  could just fly away if she got in trouble, he immediately jumped over the roof. "Slay some for me, Teens!" he called to her as he stepped into the abyss, giving her a thumbs up.

He rappelled down quickly, barely making it to the ground before the rope snapped off. Teeth marks were visible on the loose end.

Minutes later, Klasten had found his way into the ballroom. The place was is a state of disarray. Beavers waddled menacingly towards the guests, and a few small fires burned in various places. It reminded Klasten of the Alleyverse Zoo last time he’d accidentally opened one of the cages.

A beaver started heading his way, so Klasten hid behind an overturned statue. He found himself crouching next to the harried looking announcer.

“Hey,” he said.

“Hi,” Klasten replied. “Got a weapon?”

The man shook his head. Klasten shook his head, disappointed. “Rule number four,” he lectured. “Always carry a weapon.” He pulled a single bullet from his ammo belt, and handed it to the man. He then passed him his last Tia card. I need to buy some new ones, he thought. If I survive this.

“That’ll take you to my home planet. I would tell you the name, but you probably already know it. After all, it’s famous worldwide.” He paused to consider that choice of words, but soon continued. “Take the bullet. Show it to the first person you meet. They’ll recognize it’s mine and throw you in jail for stealing it. That’ll give you free food and a roof over your head. Plus, you’ll get to learn about our justice system!”

A spike jutted into the ground at his feet. Klasten leaped to the side dexterously to avoid the follow-up attack. He ran for the exit.

En route, he bumped into Nogard. “Are those apple chips?” Klasten fangirled. “Trade you a cookie for one of them. My cookies are certified hemalurgy-free, baked fresh(ish) from the TUBA bakery.”

He procured a cookie from his bag and offered it to Nogard. Nearby, somebody screamed. Klasten ignored them. "You know, apple crisp cookies would be fun to try. Have you ever thought of going into baking? TUBA's always looking for new members."