The Ghostblood Ball

PrinceDusty

Li chuckled a bit “Telling a Forger to not dwell on the past.” Li continued musing You might as tell a fish not to swim. I know what you mean though. I said that it wouldn’t let me forget not that I ever would stop.”

@Silva

Edited by Arlin

19 minutes ago, Silva said:

She noticed then that the duel seemed to have ended. "Did you see who won?" she asked, though she honestly couldn't really have cared less.

I'm sorry about that, guys. I know this isn't working for some of you. The plot is not developing the way I thought it would. Guild presence is not as united as I assumed it would be, and it feels like it's just a character arc for Night at this point. The duel was a terrible idea, but Arden needed to buy some time to allow his contact to get here- at that point, we would have everyone involved very quickly. But the wedding idea is a much better substitue for buying time, I wish it had been mentioned like three days ago before the 'duel' started that I so suddenly ended just so that we can have the wedding instead. This wedding can involve everyone and will serve as a substantial timegrabber until the plot (involving everyone this time) picks up. My one request is that the guilds show a united front of their members here, and converse with members of other guilds as such.

Technically Mejin doesn't care since duel=violence and she's against violence, so sorry you took it the other way that she was just so bored.

Another laugh escaped from her. "Yep," Mejin said, "at least I don't see anyone fighting anymore. That's seems like a sure sign to me, though you never know."

@Arlin

“It is indeed,” said Alum, surprised that someone approached him. “And surprisingly uneventful so far. Given that this is the guild of assassinations, the fact that everyone is still alive is remarkable to say the least. But I am enjoying it - I gained some valuable information from the event. How is your experience of it going?”

Y'all wanted plot? Take some plot. Everyone get a little plot. As well as a few spikes. The DA Acquisition Department is back up and running baby!

And yes I have talked with TFA, everything is legit.

Mac stood up as his spanreed started blinking. It was time. Time to officially announce the end of his retirement. Time to come back baby. He quickly warped to his alley, where he grabbed his essence spike and the preserved corpse that was waiting for him.

He spike his CS into the body, and stood up. Taking his first breath in 16 years, he grabbed his monocle and hat, and warped to the alleys.

"Im Back Folks!" Nobody batted an eye. There was only so many times one could cheat death.

"Now, we are going to pull off an Acquisition right now at the GB ball. I have received word that they are ready to become members. I need you to mobilize the mistbeavers, and equip them with loyalty spikes. Then meet me outside of the GB ball." After the Acolyte gave the nod, Mac warped back outside of the GB ball.

"They wanted some action? They will get some action." He muttered to himself.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out his card to hand it to the man by the door, and approached the door. He handed the card over, to the man, and drew on the one power to make himself a little more intimidating. The black suit and bowler hat does wonders for the look.

The Man looked at the card. Then looked at Mac. Mac nodded. The Man began to read.

"Mac, Macthorstenson. DA department head, master of the One Power, the alleys incarnated, the Gentleman hemalurgist himself has arrived."

Mac weaved the one power to amplify his voice. 

"Welcome everyone to the ball! I hope you have had a fantastic time. Now we come to the main attraction. It is time to announce the formal partnership/acquisition between the GB's and the DA. I know that for basically every one this is a surprise, but trust me, its a good move. Now, all GB members will be given a collection of new spikes giving them among other things, the ability to survive most of our cookies! You guys will become full members of the DA. The mistbeavers will insert the spikes."

Waving his hand, a gust of wind blew the doors open revealing 50 mistbeavers, each armed with spikes to give.

"Please don't fight the mist beavers, they are your friends. Also, they are mistborn, we don't want to accidentally kill you guys." With that, the mist beavers swarmed in and began spiking any ghostblood members they could find. They searched the entire building to make sure that nobody escaped didn't have the privilege of joining.

Mac grinned, this is officially my third mistbeaver inquisition. Maybe I can beat Voidus by the end of the quarter.

Edited by MacThorstenson

Althea observed how Night finished off his opponent after some minutes. Walking over to him she smiled.

"Congratulations on winning the duel."

Thinking for a moment she then added.

"You still owe me a dance, so unless you've got anything else planed?"

Out of the mail hall she heard the announcement and saw the first mistbeavers enter.

"Or maybe we postpone it."

So I think Cenet can leave now that some Plot™ is happening

Cenet saw the beavers enter the main chamber and one of them tried to give him a spike, it pierced through the hood and to his neck... which wasn't there. The spike failed since he didn't have a spirit web for hemalurgy to stick to anyway. He'd already Highcalled what was inside the spikes, so he gladly took the one with him, retrieving it with his invisible hand and walking to the door. That was a nice gift, there were likely different individuals who would pay high for the spike and its contents.

"Thank you for the opportunity to be here!" he called out by the door to no one in particular, testing to see if he could use thaumaturgy... which he couldn't, but it would have helped, "if you need information on different topics, just find me, and we'll do business!" he concluded. He wasn't sure if anyone heard him, but that was the best he could do anyway.

As he left the door, an angular, geometric thing descended from above and landed onto the courtyard with a roar. It opened a hatch on its side, and Cenet entered. The machine elevated itself, taking a bit of the sound from the surroundings before, in a distorted boom, it disappeared into the sky.

"Indignant and spoiled," Mejin said. "I suppose he was half right."

Then she noticed one of the beavers. "Lei!" She called to her spren. "I think we may be having some trouble." Tapping steel, she grabbed Li TaiRu and started heading out of the immediate danger zone - under a table.

Burning bendalloy, she pulled out a tia card. "You want out of here?" she asked him.

@Arlin

Edited by Silva

9 hours ago, MetaTerminal said:

“It is indeed,” said Alum, surprised that someone approached him. “And surprisingly uneventful so far. Given that this is the guild of assassinations, the fact that everyone is still alive is remarkable to say the least. But I am enjoying it - I gained some valuable information from the event. How is your experience of it going?”

Vaisin laughed when the man was surprised everyone was alive.

“Well, of course everyone’s alive! We wouldn’t want to kill anyone. The only thing that could was the Snope and that wasn’t even meant -”

Vaisin stopped himself. Hopefully he hadn’t said too much.

“But, yeah, I’m enjoying it too. I met a couple of my idols today. Like we saw each other. I mean, like, I saw them, you know? Dunno if they saw me though. But it is enjoyable indeed. Did you know some people here served in the Seven Day War? My heroes. Who are yours?”

Four beavers ran out to the garden, and jumped on Althea and Night. Both began to try to shove the loyalty spikes into their necks.

@PrinceDusty @Sorana

Spotting the two people hiding under the table, 3 beavers ran and attacked. one jumped on top of the table, while 2 came in from either side, trying to shove the spikes into their necks. One saw the Tia Card being pulled out and swung his tail to knock it out of their hand.

@Silva @Arlin

Mac scanned the room, seeing the resistance. He was disappointed in their lack of cooperation. Didn't they have brains? Anyone who joined the DA instantly got a boost in power. One allomatic ability or surge of their choice!

He shouted over the fighting, "Please don't resist! Anyone who willingly joins the DA will get one surge of allomatic or feruchemic power of their choice! Please don't be stupid."

Without waiting to see what happened, Mac looked down to the lord Beaver that had shown up. "I need you to create a perimeter around the mansion. Make sure no one escapes if they are GB's. Send a team of beavers to the roof as well. These guys can fly."

With a nod, TLB grabbed a squad of mistbeavers and walked out. 3 of which steel pushed their way to the roof where they found Tena. They flew down from above and tried to shove spikes into her.

@AxeliustheGreat

I can see that you all aren't sold on this. Anyone who joins now becomes a full member of the DA as members of the DAAD. (DA assassination department). They will get an increase in power level as well.

Edited by MacThorstenson

KoTiel walked in, hurried. Handing their card to the man at the door, they quickly stepped through, only to find beavers running around, spiking people, and a man in a suit with a great looking hat telling people that they'd be part of the DA if they got themselves spiked. They wandered up to the man, and asked: "Hey, it seems I arrived late, what's going on?"

Just have one of the beavers ram a spike through my back and turn me while I'm distracted.

Edited by kenod

Li paused then finally said “Tiiyu unspark any spheres attached to the Ghostbloods.” Li grabed the other end of the Tia card “Yes”  and taped it to take them to wherever there destination might be.

I want to say that the mist beaver can’t interfere because there in a speed bubble but just in case

Spoiler

Li drew his Shardblade and stamped himself red smoke rising from his arm a life of sleepless nights studying every vein, muscle and sinwe of the body replaced by one dedicated to the study of blades with the same devotion.

Tai swept his Shardblade upwards splitting the table in have and the beaver on top with it. Noting the othe ones though the bubble danced around with all the deftness of vinestance and the sweeping flow of slashes of windstance taking them out one by one. “I hate mist beavers,” Tai said in anonyce “and to answer your question yes” and grabed the othe end of the card.

@Silva

KoTiel was walking towards the man when they suddenly felt something stab into their back. They panicked, and tried turning around, when they felt something strange enter their mind. Their mind went blank, regretting how stupid their action was with their last remaining thoughts.

KoTiel shook their shoulders, getting used to their new spike. "This feels good," they said, thanking the man. "So, the DA, right? This is going to be fun."