20 posts in this topic

MR31: Aftermath.

Congratulations to the Spirits of Elantris for their victory over the Gang Lords.
Karata has been converted!
Baron Aanden has been Killed!
Shaor (Crimsn Wolf) has been both converted and Killed! (That’s excessive)

Shqueeves, Devotary, Elandera, Fifth Scholar, and Alvron have been victorious.
(Technically Crimsn Wolf also wins. She was technically converted posthumously, but the Spirits voted, and she wins with them)

There were 2ish secret roles in this game. The first, Ambassadors, are just players who started as Independents and another faction. The Second, Saolin, was essentially a Bodyguard role, given to the first roleless player to be converted. (Alvron in this case)

The actual writeup will be posted within a day. Domi in the Dark is working hard on something. For now, have fun reading all of the Docs!

The Baron’s University
The Children’s Palace
The Wildmen’s Bank
The Spirit’s Church
The God’s Playground

And here is the badly organized spreadsheet of all of the actions.

Devotion’s Dominion

Starting Player List:

Barons:
Brightness Radiant as Baron Aanden! (Deceased)
Steeldancer as Dahad! (Also Deceased)
Straw
Elephant Earwax
Coop772 as the Baron Ambassador! (Also, also Deceased)

Children
Elandera as Karata! (Murdered)
I think I am here as Dashe!
Shqueeves as Raoden! (Very much Dead)
Sart (Killed in Action)
Fifth Scholar as the Children Ambassador!

Wildmen
Crimsn Wolf as Shaor! (Converted and Lynched at the end.)
Xinoehp as her Bodyguard! (Killed by Alvron)
Kidpen (Newly appointed Derethi)
Cadmium Compounder (Executed)
Mailliw (Killed)
Alvron as the newly appointed Saolin!
The Mighty Lopen (Slaughtered)

Independents
Devotary of Spontaneity as Galladon!
Walin
Droughtbringer (Killed)
Bard (Murdered)
Meta Terminal (Alive somehow)

//sighs// Welp. I tried sooo hard to avoid unnecessary attention. And then I claimed to Fifth, since I figured they weren't likely to be a convert. And then fricken Alvron. >.>
Anyway, that was an amazingly fun game. Thank you to @Domi in the Dark and @Jaddeth in the Bush for running it!

Leave all the mechanic shenanigan questions to me as well, drop them here and I'll explain it all :P Eventually :P 

Oh, I am so sorry Crimsn :P I guess there’s something poetic in me trying to help and then screwing stuff up.

Anyway, great game everyone!

Also, can I just say how I completely called everything in the end? I mean:

I predicted Crimsn was Shaor

I predicted Xino was the Bodyguard

I predicted Devotary being a traitor.

All this at the very end of the game, minutes from rollover! If only I was faster.

Edited by I think I am here.

you claimed to fifth.... meehhhhhhhhhhhhh. Oh whatever. I failed to successfully roleblock anyone important so yeah. 

1 hour ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

The actual writeup will be posted within a day.

Yeah no that's not happening xD

This little thing I'm working on might take a few days- I can't solely focus on it with all my other stuff to do alas.

I failed... so hard...

All I had to do was protect Crimsn...

And I failed.

Oops.

That's what I get for assuming that nothing else was going to happen...

Thanks Jaddeth and Domi for running the game! 

@Domi in the Dark, what would have happened if the invasion started?

Good job to Devotary, who flew well under the radar for pretty much all of the game! Also, I find it ironic that you, as Galladon/Independent, PM'd me to say it would be suicide for spirits to pretend to be independents if they PM'd. Unfortunately, that made me trust you. Thanks for converting me though! I needed another chance at being an elim (though my record is still 100% death on first day as elim).

Crimsn, congrats at surviving so long! I think the only reason I figured out you were Shaor is because it had been revealed in the dead doc.

3 hours ago, Elandera said:

@Domi in the Dark, what would have happened if the invasion started?

Also, if everybody had converted to Shu-Dereth, would it have actually been called off?

Apparently, Xinoehp was able to both get food and nullify my conversion of Crimsn cycle 6. I did not think that would be legal. We also could have converted Crimsn and won cycle 5, but I talked myself out of it. Ah well. At least this way, Fifth also won.

@Domi in the Dark, @A Joe in the Bush, what did Hrathen do? If Meta is still alive, Hrathen evidently failed to kill him, which makes me confused as to what Hrathen's purpose was. Would Saolin have been able to kill Shaor if Saolin hadn't been a Wildman? Can you post the Hoed mantras for every player?

Called it, Fifth. I’m pretty happy about that.

And also... how am I still alive? Did I dodge three Wildmen attacks and an assassination attempt? Is Kielan immortal?

That was great fun, although I definitely wasn’t active enough. I’d play again.

Thanks to DA and Joe for running this game! I enjoyed it a lot. Also, congrats to the spirits for your victory - especially after Aanden and Karata were killed/converted in the same night, the village didn't stand a chance. :P

That was very fun. Although if I had known that would be happening, I might've tried to get everyone to make Hrathen convert to Shu-Korath just to see what that "Future games" thing would end up being. :P 

1 hour ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Apparently, Xinoehp was able to both get food and nullify my conversion of Crimsn cycle 6. I did not think that would be legal. We also could have converted Crimsn and won cycle 5, but I talked myself out of it. Ah well. At least this way, Fifth also won.

@Domi in the Dark, @A Joe in the Bush, what did Hrathen do? If Meta is still alive, Hrathen evidently failed to kill him, which makes me confused as to what Hrathen's purpose was. Would Saolin have been able to kill Shaor if Saolin hadn't been a Wildman? Can you post the Hoed mantras for every player?

Had the game actually continued, then yes, Hrathen would have slain Meta. But Meta had already survived so long, i decided to just throw him a bone.

13 hours ago, Crimsn-Wolf said:

//sighs// Welp. I tried sooo hard to avoid unnecessary attention. And then I claimed to Fifth, since I figured they weren't likely to be a convert. And then fricken Alvron. >.>
Anyway, that was an amazingly fun game. Thank you to @Domi in the Dark and @Jaddeth in the Bush for running it!

That was my goal on the cycle after I was converted (which wasn’t until cycle five, and after suspicion had been mounting against me for a few turns from several sources even while I was village), and my defense was specifically engineered to inspire a tentative, transient trust. I’ll admit I was very surprised when you claimed to me, though. :P I thought at most I’d be able to get a kill or two among the Wildmen. Your confession was far more useful, though, even if Alv and Devotary already had you figured out with fairly reasonable certainty.

13 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

you claimed to fifth.... meehhhhhhhhhhhhh.

:D 

2 hours ago, MetaTerminal said:

Called it, Fifth. I’m pretty happy about that.

And also... how am I still alive? Did I dodge three Wildmen attacks and an assassination attempt? Is Kielan immortal?

That was great fun, although I definitely wasn’t active enough. I’d play again.

Well done, yes, even if some of your suspicion was left over from when I was innocent. After your persistent accusations, I was resigned to my lynch after cycle 6, and really didn’t bother trying to keep up my façade with too much effort, mainly doing it to instill complacency so we could hammer Crimsn. :P I tried to stoke paranoia about Itiah to drive a wedge into the lynch, dividing the results, but that really didn’t go very far. 

And I would say that you were more than active enough. You may not have made as many posts as, say, Coop or BR, but you were a very consistent contributor, voiced your suspicions, and didn’t go inactive. That’s an excellent standard of activity. :) 

Speaking of activity, the lack of it was fairly disheartening this game. Even though our plan to convert Crimsn worked, the fact that I had only one serious vote on me was disconcerting, given that I was nearly outed at that point for tying myself so closely to the Bard lynch, and in my opinion our hammer was a little too easy. (Not that it felt that way waking up at 3 AM before a XC meet to do it. :P) I’m not sure where the general issue was, but the fact that I ended up clearing a good number of people, and even factions, in my analyses due to inactivity was again very sad. That said, those who were active were great, and I especially enjoyed my PM with Maill (back when I was village). That was definitely a lot of fun. 

Some other comments—I think this was one of my better games in terms of how my strategies worked out—part of why I stressed Itiah so much to scan our faction was because I had lingering suspicions of Shqueeves from our PM. Alv’s status as an Elim did completely blindside me, though, and my ambivalence about Devotary I felt throughout never translated itself into the suspicion I had for Bard, even if I read her PMs. (I would have liked to see what would have happened if Devotary had no forewarning that the scan was coming.) I also made it a lot easier on future!Spirit!me by conveniently accidentally securing the deaths of two gang leaders in the same night. :P 

Upon becoming a Spirit, I mainly acted as a facilitator of Alvron’s continued health, and as an alibi for his healing. (It was nice to have EE’s support later, even though I was lying through my teeth about my cycle four action.) I had actually tried to spy on Joe’s PMs C4, and was masterfully trolled by the Master Troll. I should have expected no less. 

As my first time as an Eliminator, the experience was enlightening. It’s a lot harder channeling village!Fifth when I’m in a doc with red text at the top, especially when I came into that doc with a good bit of suspicion already accumulated. As things stood I just delayed long enough for Devotary and Alv (who were amazing to work with, by the way) to do all the dirty work of finishing off Crimsn. I’m somewhat sad to see my eternal village status be consigned to oblivion after nearly a year of having kept it faithfully, but at least I could plead that I became evil against my will. :P (I didn’t—being evil was great fun, and I’m grateful to Devotary and Alv for letting me share in their victory.)

Final thoughts: 

-A huge thank you to Joe and Darkness for running this. Especially thanks to Darkness for his writeups, which I greatly enjoyed. 

-Thank you to RNG and Devotary’s decision-making for letting me be in all of the game’s factions save one. I still feel that if the Wildmen had held off for a cycle with attacking BR, I could have been in all five. 

-I again apologise to Elandera, who I should have listened to on C3. Also sorry to all the people I tried to get killed over the course of the game. :>

Maill:
Oh Alv is obvious now. :P He’s totally switched his discussion style in the doc.  But yeah, he’s totally taken over discussion and leading out on kills now.
Oh… Alv just used my name in making up a story about a plot we created. What a storming genius of a move and I love it and hate it at the same time.

Lopen and Steeldancer:
Of course Alv and Devotary are evil. They’re the most unreadable players… >> Hopefully Alv will be killed very soon since he didn’t die from my defenseattack. Next time I can’t find any good suspicion, I’ll just kill one of them! :P 
Good idea. Especially with Alvron. 

Actually, I wasn't leading out kills.  Fifth had contacted me and asked me to see if any Wildmen were willing to attack Meta.  Everything I said in Doc was true.  I was also planning on throwing Fifth to the wolves the next cycle but we ended up converting them and had to change plans.
How could I not use your name?  Those that know you or at least had heard of you knew that you like pulling crazy gambits.  Like you said yourself, it's a plan you would've come up with so it was very plausible that it really did happen and by that stage, we had Fifth on our side and could use him to confirm my Healing.  By the time it would've taken for the village to lynch both of us, the game would've been over one way or another.

You both would kill me just because no one else is suspicious?   How rude. :P  But then I would do the same thing.  In case you're wondering Lopen, I attacked you because Fifth asked me to.  Blame him for your death. :P 
I am surprised there wasn't more calling for me to explain how I survived an attack.  I managed to get away with not posting until near the end of the cycle with only one vote on me and by then, there were several votes on another.  Never, ever give someone, especially me, that much time to come up with a story!  If they have been online, call them out, vote on them, do whatever you need to do to get them to explain.

Thank you very much for running this game Dark!Joe.  I'm looking forward to many more games like this.

33 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

-I again apologise to Elandera, who I should have listened to on C3.

It's okay! We both ended up winning in the end :P You were still right that Itiah (Spirit!Dashe) would have been much more dangerous. Having Karata converted was a pretty quick way to almost waste an elim conversion. It was just rather unfortunate BR was Aanden.

Edited by Elandera

Reading through the Spirit doc now, I’m straight doubling over in laughter at my crazy cycle 7 theory.

“Itiah’s idea of What Happened is seriously messed up”

“I also don’t want to injure Itiah’s beautiful theory, but that would happen sooner or later anyway.”

These are great. :P

You guys are way too kind :wub:

Also at this moment in time I am 2 pages into my little thingy :P 

UPDATE: all done, will be uploading later tonight. It isn't the best but I enjoyed doing it definitely :) It's super messy freehanded using my fountain pens cos I wanted to mess with them.

Edited by Domi in the Dark

Sorry this took so long, I didn't have access to a decent camera until now.

It isn't much, just a quick 4 page comic I did without any planning or reference, pure freehand inking :wacko:

tjpeg_20181009_193853.jpg?70314?790714

timg_20181009_181200.jpg?89781?648935

timg_20181009_181214.jpg?90966?715134

timg_20181009_181227.jpg?93902?654509