Hey

Hey from Europe,

just wanted to introduce myself. I‘m pretty new to everything here, actually including all of the books. I just read the first two Mistborn books and started Hero Of Ages two days ago, but I‘m already obsessed, so I just wanted to introduce myself here rather early. I hope to finish some more books until the end of the year (which will be a big challenge, while dealing with university).

I really didn’t think that there would be such a big community behind all of this, but that is even better. I already have a couple of questions about the mistborn eras and similar things, so I‘m glad to dive right into all the topics in this forum.

So, I hope you‘ll deal with me, trying my best to get through the books as soon as possible and then discussing them here. I also wanted to apologize if my english may not be perfect, but I‘m trying my best. 

Welcome to the Shard  @Solina . Have a upvote and a cookie.. 

Would you please say, "My life to yours, my Breath become yours."

We don't mind broken English, it is a super hard language.

I'd be very careful, there are a lot of spoilers.  

Who was your favorite character ?

IMG_0050.JPG

I haven‘t been here that long, but trying to take my Breath (at least I think that’s what it‘s called?) won‘t work.

Favorite Character: Vin, I just love the character development and how she thinks. (I‘m also a big fan of Zane, even though that doesn't seem to be a popular opinion)

Least Favorite: Yeden, he was just way too whiny. 

All in all, I really like the whole series. I have been in a bit of a reading slump, but Mistborn got me out of it. Although I‘m pretty sure that there are different books by Brandon Sanderson which I‘ll like even more. But I‘m not sure if I should continue on with the next Mistborn era or start another Cosmere series after Hero of Ages...

Welcome! Glad to have you! I’d suggest reading the second era of Mistborn before you start any other Cosmere series. That way, everything that happened in era one will be fresh in your mind for era two, and you can make connections easier.

I was already thinking about reading era 2 after Hero of Ages, because these are the ones I already bought. So I think I’ll do that. Thank you!

As a metal I think I’d choose Zinc or Tin. In my opinion they are the most useful ones. Also they aren’t that obvious like Steel or Iron.

1 hour ago, Solina said:

As a metal I think I’d choose Zinc or Tin. In my opinion they are the most useful ones. Also they aren’t that obvious like Steel or Iron.

Yes, they are definitly usefull. They're pretty high on my list own list, too. I personally would choose Cadmium. I think it also could be really usefull in daily life.

25 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Yes, they are definitly usefull. They're pretty high on my list own list, too. I personally would choose Cadmium. I think it also could be really usefull in daily life.

I think Cadmium will appear later, but I’ll definitely keep it in mind!

17 minutes ago, mateuszmichi said:

@Solina Where are you from? Don't start The Way of Kings - you will have not time for studing until you end all books from The Stormlight Archive :D 

I’m a med student from Germany. Whenever I see the page count of all the books I’m a bit overwhelmed.. if they are all as good as mistborn I don’t know how I’ll ever do something else until I’m done with all his books.

22 hours ago, Solina said:

I’m a med student from Germany. Whenever I see the page count of all the books I’m a bit overwhelmed.. if they are all as good as mistborn I don’t know how I’ll ever do something else until I’m done with all his books.

In my opinion The Stormlight Archive is even better... :)