Inspirational quotes

Ink

Alright. Name is what it is. This is similar to a hybrid of Favorite Quotes and Get yer Hugs Here. If you're having a bad day, come here, and hopefully one of these can help you, or if you have a good quote, put it here. It can even be original. 

Spoiler

I hope this isn't too similar to anything else already out there... if it is, and I looked, but maybe it still is, then just link this to that one.

@AonEne posted a reply on her status that was a good message to all, it inspired me to do something that I know at least a few people will hopefully enjoy, and one of my favorite ways to lift others and myself up is through quotes.

A few to start out.

"You can't kill me, Lord Tyrant, for I represent the one thing you cannot kill. I am hope." -Kelsier

"I won't let them break me down to dust, cause I know that there's a place for us, for we are glorious." -Lette

"Take care of yourself, kid, cause someone out there cares a whole lot about you." -Sans.

"Everyone we meet changes us in one way or another. Those who are our friends change us for the better." -Ashaki/Wraith

"Is there anything more beautiful than the sun? I often watch it rise, for my restless sleep usually awakens me before dawn. Each time I see its calm yellow light peeking above the horizon, I grow a little more determined. In a way, it is the thing that has kept me going all this time." -Rashek's journal.

Edited by Inklingspren

This is one of my favourite quotes and it's also one that inspired me more than once.

Freedom is the right, to tell people what they don't want to hear. -George Orwell

This one is from a poem (shortened). For me there is a lot of strength in these lines, to choose your own way, to trust yourself to make a decision which is good for you.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference. .Robert Frost
Edited by Sorana

Spoiler

Here is the place where the lightning fire one time
almost got us.  Where the heroic youngish
(now dead) men in their chequered flannel
shirts with the sleeves rolled up and their high-laced
lumberjacks' (obsolete) boots once fought it
with hand-pumps and axes to a damp and acrid
standstill.  Where the charred trunks lay smouldering.
The whole thing a gash (they said) in the forest.  A scar.
Where then poplar seeped in and over, feeding on ashes, and (purple)
fireweed, and (blue) berries, and the bears, and us
with our lard pails and tin cups, our jelly
sandwiches at lunchtime, skinning our knees on the sooty
rocks, smudging our hands
and mouths with black and blue, in our summer clothing (since
torn into dustcloths, thrown out and rotted away).
Now that bright random clearing
or burn, or meadow if you like, is gone
also, and there's scrubland, a light-green
sticky new forest.  Earth does such things
to itself: furrowing, cracking apart, bursting
into flame.  It rips openings in itself, which it struggles
(or not) to skin over.  The moon
doesn't care about its own
craters and bruises.  Only we can regret
the perishing of the burned place.
Only we could call it a wound.
Margaret Atwood

This may sound a little depressing, but there is also hope there. It’s a reminder to me that not only are there forces internal that heal but external also.           

I don’t know, is this inspirational? I’m not sure, but I’ll put it here anyway:

Spoiler

“There’s no such thing as winning or losing. There is won and there is lost, there is victory and defeat. There are absolutes. Everything in between is still left to fight for. Serpine will have won only when there is no one left to stand against him. Until then, there is only the struggle, because tides do what tides do – they turn.”

- Skulduggery Pleasant

And some more ;)

The first thing that a person finds in life and the last to which he holds out his hand, and the most precious that he possess, even if he does not realize it, is family life.
-Adolph Kolping

When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us.
- Alexander Graham Bell

Edited by Sorana

My turn! These are my favorite quotes, there not all Inspirational but, their good quotes.

"What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" Paarthurnax, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

"A hero need not speak. When he is gone the world will speak for him" Halo

"Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters. The silence is your answer" Javik (Mass Effect)

"There's too much wrong in this world to stand by and do nothing." Blake Belladona

On 12.10.2018 at 4:45 AM, Blessing of Potency said:

"Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters. The silence is your answer" Javik (Mass Effect)

"I won't let fear compromise who I am." -Mass Effect

@Blessing of Potency: Try to avoid posting more than once in a row in the future! If you want to add anything to your post you can always edit some new information in, if nobody has replied so far. It's not that grave, since you're new here, but please try to keep it in mind!

Edited by Sorana

• 2 weeks later...

Something my friend once said to me:

"Butterflies can't turn their heads all the way around like owls. They can't see their wings, at all. They just think they're another gross insect, but they have no idea about all the fancy colors and patterns on their backs. Everyone thinks they're beautiful, but they just can't see it. They're like "what you talking bout? I'm just a lil' flying insect. I probably look like a house fly." But it's flying with angel's wings. The irony is everyone but the butterfly can see it for what it's worth, and all it can do is listen to everyone tell it how amazing it is. It's the butterfly's choice to believe what it hears."

Plus a song I made to go with it:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
-Terry Pratchett

I got quite annoyed after the Haiti earthquake. A baby was taken from the wreckage and people said it was a miracle. It would have been a miracle had God stopped the earthquake. More wonderful was that a load of evolved monkeys got together to save the life of a child that wasn't theirs.
-Terry Pratchett