Era 3 Serial Killer

Invocation

I would think Spook is unlikely just because it doesn't fit his personality even if he is still alive. He's kind of a comical character even in the HoA epilogue where he gets "spooked" by Kelsier talking to him it's played for laughs. People can change and if he's spiked himself all to hell that could influence him. 

Kelsier or Marsh I could easily see going around killing, then the question becomes why are they doing it? It may appear as a depraved series of killings, but maybe it's for a purpose. Maybe the serial killer won't actually be the villain in the end. 

I'd prefer it be someone new though. 

Kelsier's trajectory in MB:SH and what little we see of him in Bands of Mourning points towards him being less villainous than he was in the past. He started before he died in Final Empire by aborting his plan to massacre all the nobles. I could see him running around murdering, but not just for the sake of it. 

He does seem like the type to write letters to a newspaper bragging about his crimes ala famous serial killers of the '70s and '80s Zodiac, Son of Sam and BTK. Kelsier loves to self-mythologize.

I could see him acting like a serial killer, but actually having a grand plan behind it, similar to the things he did to start the house war in Era 1. And the agents tracking him and eventually realizing what he's up to.

Though his grand plan could also be a very bad idea, too.

We shall see!

No chance in my opinion as things stand right now. Kelsier isn't just a mistborn, he seems to he a fullborn with the knowledge and ability to create artifacts that turn other people into temporary fullborns. If he turned serial killer the odds of anyone other than Hoid catching or stopping him seems slim, they'd probably be better off ignoring him and letting him have his fun than throwing mistings into the meat-grinder by pursuing him.

It's like why police don't chase fugitives through residential areas, the damage to society by attempting pursuit is, on average, worse than risking the criminal escaping and repeating their offense.

I could see him being the killer if the victims were enemies of Scadrial or agents of Trell but with the main character being an outsider to the Cosmere stuff would just see a madman killing 'innocent' people and really would think he was mad if he starts claiming he's the Survivor

Possible but most likely Kelsier. I don't think Spook will ever go that storyline considering his entire story so far.

Kelsier has already been painted in two pictures ever since BoM and SH. The hero and the person who can't give up his own ambitions or just won't let his story be done with. 

And Sanderson's oddly throwing out the idea Kelsier that could be a villain a frightening one. 

So it is possible but it would likely not be. I don't think it could be spook tho

Edited by goody153

I am absolutely certain that it won't be Spook or Kelsier. I'm positively looking forward for the villain to be someone with a connection to Kelsier, though. Possibly a cat's paw. I think that is a possibility.

Edited by Vissy

I think itll be someone related to era 2 set gone rogue maybe even some sort of surviverist radical . maybe they got a hold of spooks book or maybe the info about the sovereign and hemalurgy  and decided to become a mistborn and needs to steal powers the same way bleeder did .Maybe its an agent of kels .

2 hours ago, coppercloud said:

I think itll be someone related to era 2 set gone rogue maybe even some sort of surviverist radical . maybe they got a hold of spooks book or maybe the info about the sovereign and hemalurgy  and decided to become a mistborn and needs to steal powers the same way bleeder did .Maybe its an agent of kels .

There's no way it'll be someone stealing powers. Harmony could likely interfere if you rip yourself up that much, even if they were to use Trellium.

I want to think that Kelsier won't be the killer, and I will grab onto any argument that he is not for as long as I can. But lets be honest, do you think there is a single fan that hasn't at the very least thought of this possibility?

I don't think it will be Kelsier, for many reasons already stated. The only reason why it could be him would be to prevent an even bigger threat (Shard level threat). But the possibility that it will be him will likely always be in our minds until we read Era 3. 

Edited by WhiteLeeopard

1 hour ago, WhiteLeeopard said:

I want to think that Kelsier won't be the killer, and I will grab onto any argument that he is not for as long as I can. But lets be honest, do you think there is a single fan that hasn't at the very least thought of this possibility?

I don't think it will be Kelsier, for many reasons already stated. The only reason why it could be him would be to prevent an even bigger threat (Shard level threat). But the possibility that it will be him will likely always be in our minds until we read Era 3. 

Honestly, I kind of hope it is Kell, just to see him go completely ham in a modern setting.

I think it’s a possibility, but I think it would be cooler to have a new character. A Mistborn in Era 3 Scadrial is shocking/interesting on its own, I think. No need to add an unnecessary connection, I think.

It’s my personal theory, and I think I posted this on another thread, but it’s my personal theory that through the Set breeding Allomancers and using Hemalurgy to breed more Allomancers, they’ve bred a completely natural Mistborn, but one with the emotional instability of its Hemalurgic heritage. Brandon has said being born form a Spiked has issues, so I think the cracks in ten soul will carry over.

So, we have this completely natural Mistborn, who’s seriously messed up emotionally and highly unstable. Seems perfect for a serial killer.

I can imagine 3 possibilities from this:

a). The Mistborn helps the Set voluntarily, though why the Set would want to just go on a murdering spree is beyond me.

b). The Set are using the Mistborn’s emotional instability to control it, forcing it to do the killings. The main character in Era 3 is a Nicroburst, so maybe the series will end with her Nicrobursting a fellow Soother/Rioter, and they free the Mistborn from the Set’s control. This could mean they have the Mistborn as an ally.

c). This is the option I most like, and that I most want to happen. I think that the Set would not be prepared for breeding a Mistborn, and they would underestimate it.

When it grows old enough, I think the Mistborn will escape the Set’s hands, it is a Mistborn after all. Tired of following orders and pretty much insane from its emotional instability, I think this is why the Mistborn will become a Serial Killer.

I think the Era 3 SWAT team will be searching Scadrial to find this killer, and at the same time the Set will also be trying to hunt it down, not wanting one of, if not the, best weapon in their arsenal to just be running off.

So this is how I think it will go. A serial killer Mistborn, with both SWAT and The Set after them. I expect there to be a scene where they’re all in the same place at once, and an epic brawl takes place. Both want the Mistborn for themselves.

Who knows, maybe in the end the Mistborn will even see a slight bit of reason and help the good guys defeat the Set, agreein to stop killing random people if the government leaves them alone.

So the Mistborn runs off, finally happy with the peace it’s been given. It’s no longer being hunted. And we never see them again. But maybe we’ll get them as a cameo here and there. ;)

But that’s just a theory. A book theory.

• Chaos locked this topic