Silk

Email List and Submission Dates

2,366 posts in this topic

In for Monday as well, pending space

Uh, does anyone mind terribly much if I go a bit over the limit this week? This chapter is 5600 words, but there's not a good place to cut it and keep the tension.

5 hours ago, Mandamon said:

Uh, does anyone mind terribly much if I go a bit over the limit this week? This chapter is 5600 words, but there's not a good place to cut it and keep the tension.

I'm fine with it -- the last ones were on the shorter side. 

And it's barely over the +10% that I think we thought didn't even need a request. Fine with it.

On 5/10/2019 at 9:59 AM, Alderant said:

I'm soooo not looking forward to when I start posting mine again. I'm worried I'm going to be taking a weekly slot for over a year.

Yep, if the slots are free it's anyone's game. :) Looks like our roster is pretty much the same this week: @shatteredsmooth, @Robinski, @Mandamon and @kais. Anyone for the last slot?

Before I forget, noting one of our new members @JWernerfor submission next Monday.

I'm hoping to still get my story in today, but after making changes to part one, I started making changes to part 2 and made a big mess, and every time I think I have time work on it, something happens...

I'm sure I'll get the content changes done today, as long as there are no other family members or neighbors get injured today (both my parents and a neighbor have had hand or wrist injuries in the past week. It is like there is a curse going around). Whether or not there is time to proof read today will determine whether I am on time or not. I'm assuming you'd rather have it a day late than on time but not proof read. 

I plan to send the last segment of Mindless Nine on Monday. :-)

Up for Monday, pending space

Also on for Monday, if you'll have me. Getting close to finishing this thing out!

If there's a slot left, I would like to submit on Monday. 

Hi all. So, first off, apologies for sending my bit in early. Second of all, even more apologies, but I'm going to have to resubmit it tomorrow because I found a continuity error that I had to edit out. I'm still not quite sure how the submission process works, but if you have all received my bit already and are bothered by such egregious, damning errors like a character being described as hairless and then suddenly having hair, I would refrain from reading it. 

Edited by JWerner

Hi everyone.  I’m 100k words into the 2.0 draft of my WIP (which is shaping up to be no less than 250k words in the end) so I’ll never not have something to submit. Whenever there is room for the newbie please include me, but I totally understand if I get pushed for someone with more seniority. I’m just happy to be a part of the group and hope my amateur insight can help everyone at least a little bit. 

@hawkedup have you emailed @Silk to get on the list serve? You won’t be able to submit until doing that and getting Silk’s confirmation. Also note that newbies always get priority!