Silk

Email List and Submission Dates

2,337 posts in this topic

Also up for the 4th

Once again running (very) long for next week at around 5900 words. Hopefully no one minds terribly much as I think we only have two people submitting?

@MandamonLooks like just you and @kais, yeah, so I think you're okay to go a bit over.

Edited by Silk

I'm going to have something new for Monday. 

Edited by shatteredsmooth

I'd like to submit on Monday

I'd like to do one more read-through on Monday on the problematic parts of this novelette

On 08/02/2019 at 3:24 PM, Mandamon said:

I'd like to do one more read-through on Monday on the problematic parts of this novelette

Hi @mandamon, can I clarify that you are going to re-submitted an updated version of the story you've put up over the last two weeks. So, I should go straight to Monday's submission?

57 minutes ago, Robinski said:

Hi @mandamon, can I clarify that you are going to re-submitted an updated version of the story you've put up over the last two weeks. So, I should go straight to Monday's submission?

Yep. This will have the entire updated story, with most of it grayed out. Just change everything to a regular text color to read the whole thing.

Thanks!

12 minutes ago, Mandamon said:

Yep. This will have the entire updated story, with most of it grayed out. Just change everything to a regular text color to read the whole thing.

Thanks!

Always a pleasure :) 

I'd like to submit again on the 18th, with the beginning of the Seeds sequel! New and improved.

I'll have the next chapter or scene from Intertidal, though it might not be as polished as the first installment. 

I might have a submission this week, but its a weird one. I got an idea for an urban fantasy that got stuck in my head, so I sketched a quick outline and wrote a prologue chapter to get a feel for the characters. It's unpolished, mostly because I'm not sure it's worth the time to flesh out the story proper so I can polish it up. I'd want to submit it, only to see whether or not there'd be an interest among the rest of you for a novel of that type.

Also, I'm kind of way behind of critiquing, so I'd feel bad about that to. Any thoughts?

Oops, sorry everyone. I thought I had responded already but apparently I only dreamed doing so. :rolleyes:

Anwyay, I see @shatteredsmooth, @Mandamon and maybe @aeromancer up for today. Aero, I’d say that if that is what you feel would be useful, go for it.  I would maybe outline that in your email/forum post just so people know what kind of feedback you’re looking for. 

As for being behind, we tend to be pretty forgiving when someone falls behind a bit... or, maybe you could also squeeze out one or two critiques for now and catch back up (as you see fit) in the fullness of time?  

9 hours ago, Silk said:

Oops, sorry everyone. I thought I had responded already but apparently I only dreamed doing so. :rolleyes:

Anwyay, I see @shatteredsmooth, @Mandamon and maybe @aeromancer up for today. Aero, I’d say that if that is what you feel would be useful, go for it.  I would maybe outline that in your email/forum post just so people know what kind of feedback you’re looking for. 

As for being behind, we tend to be pretty forgiving when someone falls behind a bit... or, maybe you could also squeeze out one or two critiques for now and catch back up (as you see fit) in the fullness of time?  

I might not get mine out until the morning, but it is going to be on the shorter side. I could send it now, but there will be significantly less typos if I wait. 

I'll have something this coming Monday (2/25).

I should have the second chapter ready on 02/25. Might be a little delayed, as I'll be selling at a con all weekend.

7 hours ago, Mandamon said:

as I'll be selling at a con all weekend

I'll also be at a con this weekend hawking books. I wish you many sales and excellent costumes.

13 hours ago, kais said:

I'll also be at a con this weekend hawking books. I wish you many sales and excellent costumes.

Cool! Good luck!

On 21/02/2019 at 11:15 PM, kais said:

On 22/02/2019 at 1:01 PM, Mandamon said:

Cool! Good luck!

Good luck both. And don't forget to bring you good autographing pens to Dublin :D 

Are 'we' getting excited yet?! (Clue, I'm getting excited.)

Edited by Robinski

9 hours ago, Robinski said:

Are 'we' getting excited yet?! (Clue, I'm getting excited.)

Definitely!

11 hours ago, Robinski said:

Are 'we' getting excited yet?!

YES!

So @shatteredsmooth and @Mandamon for Monday? Any other takers?

(And yes! Gonna try and book my flights before the end of the month...so in the next few days.)

I'll have another chapter ready for the 4th...

I'm going to submit a rewritten version of chapter 4.