Email List and Submission Dates

Silk

Turos and Valthyr, you're both good to go.

That's technically our five slots for the week, but with all that discussion of the Mantle of Lowest Priority going on, we could probably convince one of these fine folks whov'e been submitting regularly to drop back a week, if anyone else really wanted to squeeze in on Monday.

I'm sorry, Majestic Fox, I missed your request! Thanks for pointing it out. Yes, please submit. And Mandamon, thanks for offering to hold off a week. So that's Majestic Fox, Supersoup, Robinski, Turos, and Valthyr, with Mandamon on the list for next Monday.

Oh no, Majestic Fox. Your story is much further along, and better established--it would be a bigger blow to the stride you've hit and your readers if you were to miss a week. Please, do submit in my stead. I'll have some more time to refine a change of direction I've been working on.

EDIT: Mandamon . . . I meant to say Mandamon. Please do go ahead sir!

EDIT Again: After speaking with Mandamon, I will be going ahead and posting today.

Edited by supersoup

I wouldn't mind submitting something for the 25th. I'm not sure exactly what I'll submit yet, as I haven't started any new novels recently. Maybe I'll start on that high fantasy/ post-apocalyptic/ lovecraftian story that has been tinkering in my head for a while.

P.S. I'm new here. My name's Conor, a.k.a. The Young Bard. (I'm pretentious, so what?)

Edited by The Young Bard

I'll throw my Mantle of Lowest Priority off...

Hey, that's my Mantle of Lowest Priority! I stole that personally from Foxy (or was it Soupy?).

Anyway, I reclaim the Mantle of Lowest Priority, now slightly soiled, and don it with slightly less pride than when I stole it originally. I then request a slot on Monday before taking the Mantle of Lowest Priority to the dry-cleaners.

Edited by Robinski

lots of dayjob writing to sort out

What do you do 9-5, if you don't mind my blatant curiosity?

I'm always intrigued to hear about people who write for a living, or for who it's a major part of what they do.

Edited by Robinski

What do you do 9-5, if you don't mind my blatant curiosity?

I'm always intrigued to hear about people who write for a living, or for who it's a major part of what they do.

At the moment, I write articles on everything from gaming to beards. I just finished a contract for copywriting about a month ago, and would be interested in doing it again.

I would say writing is just a major part of what I do, as I try to supplement it with a more reliable part-time job as well, but my last part-timer cut hours hard, essentially cutting me without a formal termination. So I'm shopping around at the moment for an alternative.

Ouch, that hours-cutting thing is nasty. In the UK it's basically formalised. We have what is called a Zero Hours Contract. In other words an employer can give you a job but, legally, is not required to give you any shifts!! Needless to say, some groups are working to have this abolished.

I spend a lot of my time writing technical reports, letters, emails, etc., so it can be a struggle to sit down at the keyboard again when I get home, but hey-ho, the challenges of being a writer, right?

Ouch, that hours-cutting thing is nasty. In the UK it's basically formalised. We have what is called a Zero Hours Contract. In other words an employer can give you a job but, legally, is not required to give you any shifts!! Needless to say, some groups are working to have this abolished.

I spend a lot of my time writing technical reports, letters, emails, etc., so it can be a struggle to sit down at the keyboard again when I get home, but hey-ho, the challenges of being a writer, right?

Dang, so it's writ in law that they don't have to give you hours. It might as well be so over here.

Yeah, I'm experiencing that at the moment with the drive to write fiction after writing articles and copy. I'm a gamer as well, so I'm kind of getting stir crazy behind the screen now that I work here too =P

Maybe there's some merit to buying a typewriter . . . Or at least taking a pen and a notepad to a coffee shop or something. I'm beginning to see why that hasn't been phased out in favor of computer driven word processing.

So, make sure I've got this right, I don't want to inadvertently miss someone again: TheYoungBard, Robinski, and Mandamon so far for Monday?

Good luck with finding another part-time job, supersoup. Yeah, the hours-cutting thing is nasty.

Speaking of work, I'm going to be at work all day tomorrow (we're hosting a huge event) so responses to any further submission requests are going to happen later-ish in the evening. Alternatively, if I don't respond to requests at all, it's not that I don't love you; it's probably just that I was exhausted beyond coherence and forgot.

Alternatively, if I don't respond to requests at all, it's not that I don't love you; it's probably just that I was exhausted beyond coherence and forgot.

Well, most of us are grown-ups, I'm sure we'll be able to sort it out amicably between us. In fact, given how self-flaming-depricating we all are, you'll probably end up with no-one submitting on Monday!

(I blame that pesky Mantle of Lowest Priority - it was obviously woven by some dark lord or other.)

...and hope that your 'do' goes well!!

Edited by Robinski

Well, most of us are grown-ups, I'm sure we'll be able to sort it out amicably between us. In fact, given how self-flaming-depricating we all are, you'll probably end up with no-one submitting on Monday!

Exactly. I figure I have to be around to keep the self-deprecation and helpfulness to a minimum. :P

Thanks! We pretty much got rained out, actually, which was quite the disappointment. But I think the few people who braved the weather had fun anyway. And our event this morning certainly was a success.