Silk

Email List and Submission Dates

3,259 posts in this topic

Just giving a sign of life. Will be back when this moving-chaos is over :)

I'd like to submit again.  I know I've done a lot of weeks in a row, so if we go over, I can drop back.

I'd like to submit on Monday. It's a bit of a stand-alone curio, but I haven't submitted anything for feels like ages. It won't trouble the workload, it's only 150 words, the reason for which will be revealed... tomorrow!

(Unless I can't submit, in which case it won't.)

You're all three good to go (I doubt that we need to worry about having too many submissions tomorrow, by this point). Still two slots available.

I have a good chunk I can submit this week, unless five others want to submit, then I'll bow out

I have my second chapter almost ready (just need to clean up from my other writing group's initial read through), so I'd like to submit this Monday.

I'd like to submit next week as well, unless we get an overload of people, then I'll drop back a week.

Thanks, Mandamon--I suspect you'll be good to submit but yeah, keep an eye on the thread just in case. Lord Juugatsu, Lerroy Jenkins, I have you down for sure for Monday.

Putting in the usual request to submit with the usual corollary of dropping out if there's too many people...

Go right ahead, looks like you're the only one.

And sorry for the delayed response--I started a new full-time position last week as well as accepting a contract for some copywriting so I'm a little more scattered than usual. >>;

Congratulations.

Firstly, congrats on the job, Silk! Hope it works out. 

Secondly, I'd like to submit a prologue and chapter one this Sunday. I have finished my book and have decided to rewrite the first part, so it's all new content (but probably familiar). 

Standard request for me.  I'd like to do Ch 7 part 1.  If we somehow go over the quota, I'll drop back.

Thanks for the congratulations, guys!

So far so good--it's actually a temporary position, and to my disappointment is ending a few weeks earlier than expected, but for now I'm enjoying it, and it will make it a lot easier to get permanent positions at the same place in the future. :)

Mark and Mandamon, you're good to go--I highly doubt we'll go over quota for tomorrow.

A friend of mine is in the exact same position. He's got a temporary thing at a job he wants, and hopes they'll keep him on when his time is up. I wish you all the best. 

Again, thanks. I'll certainly miss it when the position's up, but in  a way I don't mind--there are other departments at the same university that I'd probably be more interested in working in (and now have a better shot at), and I'm hoping to do some travelling in the next couple of years, so I don't necessarily need a permanent position just yet. Plus I do some monthly contract writing so I do have a bit of extra stability.

We'll see what happens!

I'd like to submit this weekend, if that's all right. 

I should have something to submit for the 23rd as well, if anyone is around next week.

So Mark and Mandamon so far for Monday. I've also just heard from a new member and it sounds like they'll have something to submit on Modnay as well, although I haven't confirmed this with them yet.

Standard request for Monday as well. I'll drop back if there are too many people.

You're both good to go. Sorry for the late reply! Someone was a little spaced out this weekend, apparently. ;)

Edited by Silk

Hi! Reactivating after a long absence. (I still get the emails, so I'm still technically active.)

I have a 7900 word short story I'd like to submit, in two parts (to keep under the 4000 word limit).

Let me know when a slot becomes available.

Cheers!