Email List and Submission Dates

Silk

Well, I've been having a bit of writer's block this last month. I've only got a few more chapters for Jhuz's story, and I keep second-guessing myself because I'm worried it's not turning out right. Bleh.

Anyways, in the meantime I wrote a short story. I'm pretty happy with it, but it's a little longer than the average submission. If there's room next Monday, I'd like to submit it.

Four's fine. I'll be capping it at five for a while, and see how that goes. (I'd actually be reluctant to cap it at less than five, because as it is it takes a LONG time for those of us writing novels to push an entire piece through.)

Edited by Silk

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I just joined the site today (I left a greetings thread). I wanted to get involved with the whole process as

soon as possible. I'm actually in the herculean task of revising my 170 something thousand page fantasy book (and it's just the first one!). I'm in the process of that 2nd and crucial rewrite and would love some feedback. I'm actually looking forward to critiquing other peoples as I think it would give me a much needed break from my own story for the millionth time. I guess this is the part where we exchange emails??

Hey guys,

I just joined the site today (I left a greetings thread). I wanted to get involved with the whole process as

soon as possible. I'm actually in the herculean task of revising my 170 something thousand page fantasy book (and it's just the first one!). I'm in the process of that 2nd and crucial rewrite and would love some feedback. I'm actually looking forward to critiquing other peoples as I think it would give me a much needed break from my own story for the millionth time. I guess this is the part where we exchange emails??

Actually, one of the people who admin's this (silk and chaos) has to add you to the whitelist, and then from there you send an email to the address (all at(@) readingexcuses.com) and it forwards to everyone on the list. That way you dont have to publicly share your address, you just need to get into touch with one of those two.

Actually, just PM me with your email address and I'll add you to the list--I'm the sole RE moderator now since Chaos is busy admin-ing the site as a whole. So yes, send me a PM and I will happily add you.

A general note: I'm currently in a headlong dash to finish my MA thesis (by December 7th, yikes!) so I'm going to be a little scarce for the next couple of weeks. I apologize if it takes me longer to reply to things and whatnot than usual.

Edited by Silk

I have something I could submit this Monday, but I may hold off. I'm committing myself to reading/commenting on at least three stories/chapters before I submit something new. This place has gotten far too dead the last two weeks and it's fair to nobody.

I would imagine that is because of NaNoWriMo.... People are concentrating on their novels rather than this forum.... Me *kind of* included...

Sorry about my silence, I have been here since the move...Just lurking...