Silk

Email List and Submission Dates

3,260 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Would I be able to nab a spot either this week or next week (so 21/3 or 28/3)?

Edited by jamesbondsmith
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure thing, it looks like we have @Mandamon and @jamesbondsmith for tomorrow so far. Any other takers?

Mandamon, I'm hoping to catch up on your other sub today!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll have a slot for tomorrow, please!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, thanks @Silk!

I've realised that the extract from my novel is reaching 6200 words which is a bit over the limit. I'll try to find a spot to cut it off.

Alternatively I have a short story (~1600 words) that I thought I would submit to a contest late May (fairly rough draft). Anyone have preferences?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ace of Hearts said:

I'll have a slot for tomorrow, please!

Got it!

6 hours ago, jamesbondsmith said:

Alternatively I have a short story (~1600 words) that I thought I would submit to a contest late May (fairly rough draft). Anyone have preferences?

Generally speaking, whatever will be more useful to you is what you should submit! Submitting the short might give you enough time to revise and put it through the group again, if you wanted, but that probably depends on your sense of any changes you already want to make to the draft. As for the extract, yes, please do split it up if that's what you choose to submit - we have learned from experience that anything over 5k words becomes difficult to keep up with in a real hurry.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love a spot for Monday the 28th, for the first half of Chapter 7!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After several weeks of passing every boring (but really annoying), non-covid sickness through everyone in my house, we've finally all been well enough for me to get some writing done. 

I won't be ready for the 28th, but if I can have a spot for April 4, that would be great. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2022 at 7:50 AM, Mandamon said:

I'd love a spot for Monday the 28th, for the first half of Chapter 7!

You're on!

On 3/25/2022 at 4:40 PM, C_Vallion said:

I won't be ready for the 28th, but if I can have a spot for April 4, that would be great. 

You bet, just be ready to remind me last week if this slips my goldfish-like attention span. :P

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bit slow on replies this week. I'd love to submit the rest of chapter 7 next week, and then people can read the whole thing.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I have a slot for tomorrow please? I'll get caught up on this weeks crits tonight before I send anything out for tomorrow. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to carry on with the first half of chapter 8 on the 11th!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like a spot for tomorrow if that's ok. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to keep on keeping on with this one, and submit the second of chapter 8 on the 18th.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Sorry to post this here. I am trying to get added to the RE submission distribution list but it won't let me DM anyone (flags it as spam and doesn't send). Silk, if you see this could you DM me and hopefully I can reply with my email address?  Thanks!

----

Update: Resolved, thanks for your help @Mandamon and @Silk!

Edited by Warmacky
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Warmacky said:

Sorry to post this here. I am trying to get added to the RE submission distribution list but it won't let me DM anyone (flags it as spam and doesn't send). Silk, if you see this could you DM me and hopefully I can reply with my email address?  Thanks!

@Silk tagging to help out.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Submitting again for the 25th. This will be part 1 of part 9.

Unless...

If I'm the only one submitting, does anyone mind if I take up two sections and submit the whole section? It's about 9100 words total and can easily be broken into multiple sections while reading.

Only 4 parts left in the book and if I can do it this way, I'll be done mid-May.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mandamon said:

Submitting again for the 25th. This will be part 1 of part 9.

Unless...

If I'm the only one submitting, does anyone mind if I take up two sections and submit the whole section? It's about 9100 words total and can easily be broken into multiple sections while reading.

Only 4 parts left in the book and if I can do it this way, I'll be done mid-May.

I'd be fine with that. Anyone mind that, assuming of course that we have the free slots?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll have a slot for the 25th, please! 

And I know @Mandamon only suggested subbing twice if nobody else is taking a slot, but in general I'm fine bending the one sub per week rule so long as we're clear and consistent about when it's okay. Though if we want to stick to something more rigid that's fine too. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there an opening for this week (25/4)? I've got a pretty short piece with a deadline at the end of next month

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ace of Hearts said:

I'll have a slot for the 25th, please! 

And I know @Mandamon only suggested subbing twice if nobody else is taking a slot, but in general I'm fine bending the one sub per week rule so long as we're clear and consistent about when it's okay. Though if we want to stick to something more rigid that's fine too. 

If everyone's alright with it, I can submit the whole thing this week and see how it goes. That would be four slots with you and @jamesbondsmith, which is still technically below the 5 sub limit. If we get anyone more, I'll only do half.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it looks like we have @Mandamon (with two slots, unless anyone else wants to submit), @jamesbondsmith, and @Ace of Hearts for Monday.

Now that I think about it, we've actually talked about this a couple times before. I think the guidelines we came up with were:

  • there has to be that many slots left
  • no more than two slots
  • if the submitter was working towards a submission/publication deadline

Goal was to allow people to take advantage of lulls/quiet periods if they needed to while still allowing those quiet periods to happen so people can catch up/have lives/etc. Does this still resonate with folks?

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well evidently the next section of my book has surpassed even my usual lengthy tendencies and is over 12k words long!

Would it be okay if I took two slots again on the 1st and submitted about 7800 words? The week after I could finish out the chapter with a section that's actually under the 5k limit.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there's room, I'd like a slot next week.

I've got a weird longish-short story, right now clocking in about 8,000 words. So, maybe one this week and one next? Unless there are no other takers for next week and the group would prefer it in one go? 

Eitherway is good with me. I have no deadline or reason to rush :-)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.