Silk

Email List and Submission Dates

3,308 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, C_Vallion said:

Mind if I submit a revised version of my Prologue/Chapter 1 from the fall? Curious to see if the changes I made since then fix some of the pacing issues through the middle.

Go for it.

I'd love to submit chapter 5 on the 28th. It's about 5300 words, so if people don't mind if I go slightly over, I can submit the whole thing.

I'd like a spot on Monday if possible. 

On 2/25/2022 at 10:56 AM, Mandamon said:

I'd love to submit chapter 5 on the 28th. It's about 5300 words, so if people don't mind if I go slightly over, I can submit the whole thing.

I vote for the whole thing, if that matters. I'm on spring break, so I'm hoping to give more feedback to people this week:)

Edited by Mwindaji

It looks like we have @Mandamon and @Mwindaji so far for Monday. Any other takers?

16 hours ago, Mwindaji said:

I'd like a spot on Monday if possible. 

I vote for the whole thing, if that matters. I'm on spring break, so I'm hoping to give more feedback to people this week:)

The forum isn't letting me tag you so I quoted you instead.

And, seeing no complaints on the 5300 words I think you're good to go there, Mandamon.

I'm up for this upcoming Monday, pending space

I'm going to hold off this week as I'll be traveling to Iceland (yay!) for my first real vacation in two years. I will try to read submissions, but will probably be late. I'll be back next week...

On 3/3/2022 at 6:17 PM, Mandamon said:

I'm going to hold off this week as I'll be traveling to Iceland (yay!) for my first real vacation in two years. I will try to read submissions, but will probably be late. I'll be back next week...

Have fun!

So it looks like just @kais for Monday so far. Any other takers?

11 hours ago, Silk said:

So it looks like just @kais for Monday so far. Any other takers?

Aaaaand I probably won't be ready for Monday. The weekend got away from me. Alas!

1 hour ago, kais said:

Aaaaand I probably won't be ready for Monday. The weekend got away from me. Alas!

Yeaaah know that feeling. It happens!

Hoping to submit half of the next chapter on Monday the 14th! I'll still be traveling, so I might be a little late/early/who knows.

@Mandamon so far. Any other takers?

On 3/6/2022 at 9:09 PM, kais said:

Shard won't let me tag you. Did you want to submit this week?

Seems like it's pretty quiet around here, but I'd like to submit the other half of this chapter next week, and hope to get some more eyes on it!

Posted (edited)

Would I be able to nab a spot either this week or next week (so 21/3 or 28/3)?

Edited by jamesbondsmith

Sure thing, it looks like we have @Mandamon and @jamesbondsmith for tomorrow so far. Any other takers?

Mandamon, I'm hoping to catch up on your other sub today!

I'll have a slot for tomorrow, please!

OK, thanks @Silk!

I've realised that the extract from my novel is reaching 6200 words which is a bit over the limit. I'll try to find a spot to cut it off.

Alternatively I have a short story (~1600 words) that I thought I would submit to a contest late May (fairly rough draft). Anyone have preferences?

6 hours ago, Ace of Hearts said:

I'll have a slot for tomorrow, please!

Got it!

6 hours ago, jamesbondsmith said:

Alternatively I have a short story (~1600 words) that I thought I would submit to a contest late May (fairly rough draft). Anyone have preferences?

Generally speaking, whatever will be more useful to you is what you should submit! Submitting the short might give you enough time to revise and put it through the group again, if you wanted, but that probably depends on your sense of any changes you already want to make to the draft. As for the extract, yes, please do split it up if that's what you choose to submit - we have learned from experience that anything over 5k words becomes difficult to keep up with in a real hurry.

I'd love a spot for Monday the 28th, for the first half of Chapter 7!

After several weeks of passing every boring (but really annoying), non-covid sickness through everyone in my house, we've finally all been well enough for me to get some writing done. 

I won't be ready for the 28th, but if I can have a spot for April 4, that would be great. 

On 3/25/2022 at 7:50 AM, Mandamon said:

I'd love a spot for Monday the 28th, for the first half of Chapter 7!

You're on!

On 3/25/2022 at 4:40 PM, C_Vallion said:

I won't be ready for the 28th, but if I can have a spot for April 4, that would be great. 

You bet, just be ready to remind me last week if this slips my goldfish-like attention span. :P

A bit slow on replies this week. I'd love to submit the rest of chapter 7 next week, and then people can read the whole thing.

Can I have a slot for tomorrow please? I'll get caught up on this weeks crits tonight before I send anything out for tomorrow. 

I'd love to carry on with the first half of chapter 8 on the 11th!

I'd like a spot for tomorrow if that's ok.