Email List and Submission Dates

Silk

7 hours ago, C_Vallion said:

I'll sign up for the 13th. 

Was just about set to submit for tomorrow, then had a home-repair emergency interfere yesterday. Because a straightforward week after Thanksgiving vacation was apparently too much to ask for.  :P 

It always is, isn't it? :rolleyes:

should have a chapter set for tomorrow, if that's alright, but it will probably be another late-in-the-day one.  

I assume the Monday submission dates work well for most people since they can cram some last minute editing into weekends. Having basically the opposite schedule (Monday through Wednesday being my main writing days) always makes it tough to know whether the final editing pass I do Monday will cooperate. 

3 hours ago, C_Vallion said:

should have a chapter set for tomorrow, if that's alright, but it will probably be another late-in-the-day one.  

I assume the Monday submission dates work well for most people since they can cram some last minute editing into weekends. Having basically the opposite schedule (Monday through Wednesday being my main writing days) always makes it tough to know whether the final editing pass I do Monday will cooperate. 

Yeah that's pretty much the idea.

Anyway, you're on. Any other takers for this week?

8 minutes ago, shatteredsmooth said:

If I finish the thing I'm working on and critique the thing that was posted for this week by the end of the night, I'll submit, assuming the other 4 slots don't fill

Sounds good!

1 hour ago, shatteredsmooth said:

If I finish the thing I'm working on and critique the thing that was posted for this week by the end of the night, I'll submit, assuming the other 4 slots don't fill

Hooray! Company in submitting! 
I have to admit, I've missed doing critiques for other people during this stretch :) 

1 minute ago, C_Vallion said:

I have to admit, I've missed doing critiques for other people during this stretch :) 

Now I have more motive to figure out how this short story ends, lol. 

I guess if I don't figure it out I can submit part of it and maybe the feedback will help me figure out how to end it. 

On 12/19/2021 at 5:46 PM, C_Vallion said:

:) Usually the forum goes quiet through November/December and picks up again towards the end of December and the new year. Looks like we're right on track ;)

Who do we have up for this week?

(Planning on getting some critiques out myself soon!)

8 hours ago, shatteredsmooth said:

Tentatively me.

I'm going to revise a book while I'm on semester break, and cannot decide which one...have it down to three options. So submitting one and seeing how I react to the feedback is a good way to know if I'm ready to revise it or not. 

Sounds good!

Any other takers?

21 hours ago, shatteredsmooth said:

I have a revision of the train story if it's okay to go a little over the word count and have a spot for next week. After I added the things people said were missing, it came to 5480 words. 

I'm fine with a slightly longer chapter. 

I'll probably be out for another week (traveling this weekend, and it's always hard to say whether that will mean lots of writing time or no writing time). I'd like a spot for the 10th, thought, @Silk

On 12/30/2021 at 7:27 PM, shatteredsmooth said:

I have a revision of the train story if it's okay to go a little over the word count and have a spot for next week. After I added the things people said were missing, it came to 5480 words. 

Sounds like you're good to go... quiet so far and your last sub was way short anyway.

So far we have @shatteredsmooth for this week and @C_Vallion for the 10th. Any other takers for this week?

5 hours ago, C_Vallion said:

Can I have a spot for tomorrow?

Sorry for the late request. My usually typing space has been overrun by a house project, so I've barely looked at my computer for two days. 

Yes, you're good to go. Any other takers?

And I won't worry as much about my late check of the forums today... apparently I've lost all ability to tell what day it is :rolleyes: