Silk

Email List and Submission Dates

3,016 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Ace of Hearts said:

@Robinski can you confirm that RedBlue is good to go for tomorrow? I'll also take a slot if it isn't too last-minute (but I understand if it is).

He's probably already asleep because it's a lot later in in his time zone, so he probably won't see this until the morning. 

1 hour ago, shatteredsmooth said:

He's probably already asleep because it's a lot later in in his time zone, so he probably won't see this until the morning. 

Yeah I realized this after I posted. Idk if others disagree but I'd say @RedBlue you're good to go if you want to send your submission out tonight and you can touch base with us tomorrow if there's any confusion. Or if it's easier I don't think people will be annoyed if you just send it out tomorrow. 

Sorry @everyone!

@RedBlue, please go ahead and submit if you haven't already.

The clocks changed here and it threw me for a loop. That, and I was out in my garden tying a (small) marquee in the wind and rain when I would otherwise have been online!!

I only had one job to do...:rolleyes: 

7 hours ago, Robinski said:

Sorry @everyone!

@RedBlue, please go ahead and submit if you haven't already.

The clocks changed here and it threw me for a loop. That, and I was out in my garden tying a (small) marquee in the wind and rain when I would otherwise have been online!!

I only had one job to do...:rolleyes: 

Thanks for the clarification! Could I also have a last-minute slot since there's only one sub right now? I understand if it's too late but I thought I'd ask.

Hey, yeah, Ace. Go ahead. Sorry for the late response.

Can I have a slot for next Monday, if there's one available?

I would like a slot, too

So far, it looks like we have two requests ( @aeromancer and @RedBlue ) for Monday, April, 5th.

Three more slots available, unless I've missed something, which would not be the first time :rolleyes:.

So, it looks like we just have @aeromancer and @RedBlue submitting tomorrow.

Any last minute requests?

@Robinski Can I have a spot for my short story? It's at 6,358 words at the moment, so it's a little long, but I would definitely like some feedback on what pieces are worth trimming back.

Posted (edited)

Hi CV.

On that basis (a) that there are only two other subs this week; (b) that splitting a short story would tend to be frustrating for the reader; and (c) splitting over two weeks would tend to defeat one of the main purposes of making it shorter, please do go ahead and submit :) 

For newer members, we don't like to make a habit of breaching the word limit but, sometimes, there are goods reasons to do so.

Edited by Robinski

I would like a slot for Monday, please.

I'll also take a slot for Monday, please. 

Hey there, neighbourinos,

So, it's Sunday again, and it seems that we have @RedBlue, and @Ace of Hearts on the slate for Monday. Any other takers? You two feel free to do the thing when the time comes :) 

We're a quiet bunch this week! Any takers for Monday?

Can I nab a slot? I want to give NotK Draft Four Chapter One a look over before I turn it into Dave to tear apart. 

I would like a slot too, please

Posted (edited)

It's been several months since my last sub, but I think I am finally ready to get some more of my work out there. I have been doing a lot of work trying to iron out my timeline and calendar so that my characters are at believable ages for the actions they are taking, but I think I might have finally gotten it right. 

I just realized I might be too late for this week. If so, I would like to get a slot for next week instead, just let me know. :) 

Edited by sniperfrog

@Silk Can you confirm that sniperfrog is good to go this week? Seeing as there’s room for another sub.

1 hour ago, sniperfrog said:

It's been several months since my last sub, but I think I am finally ready to get some more of my work out there. I have been doing a lot of work trying to iron out my timeline and calendar so that my characters are at believable ages for the actions they are taking, but I think I might have finally gotten it right. 

I just realized I might be too late for this week. If so, I would like to get a slot for next week instead, just let me know. :) 

Yep, good to go. (Thanks for the tag @RedBlue!)

Can I jump in for a spot this Monday?

I'll have a spot for Monday as well, please! 

Two requests so far. I'd say you are both good to go on Monday.

Anyone else?

I'll have a spot too, please!