Silk

Email List and Submission Dates

2,996 posts in this topic

On 1/29/2021 at 9:57 AM, C_Vallion said:

Can I have a spot for Monday?

I think I've made enough changes to Chapter 1 to give it some of the direction and motivation that it was lacking before, but wasn't sure how to deal with submitting this week. 

I'd like to do some combination of Chapters 1 and 2 (for those who are understandably tired of chapter 1.  I know. I am too), but including all of both chapters would push it up near 6-6.5k words, and the first five pages are similar enough to the previous versions that I'm hesitant to make anyone read it again with critiquing in mind. It's trimmed and refocused, but probably not worth having people read too thoroughly a third time through.

My thought is to include the last two-thirds of Chapter 1 (a sort of Chapter 1- Part B) plus Chapter 2 to fit the 5k limit, but wasn't sure if that would be weird or confusing?  Or if it would make sense to include a "Fully optional, please don't read this if you don't want to read about birds and deities again"  file that just has that first third of chapter 1 in it in case anyone wants the extra clarification. 

As the people who will be doing the reading, does anyone have thoughts on what the most helpful/least confusing way to approach this would be?

I have yet to read your sub from this past week (because i am a slacker) so you can send me the full revised chapter one if you want me to give you my thoughts!

Hey, sorry, but would it be alright if I had a sub for today? I know this is super late:wacko:

@Silk you've got another sub request above

1 hour ago, ginger_reckoning said:

Hey, sorry, but would it be alright if I had a sub for today? I know this is super late:wacko:

Quiet week so if you can get it out today I'd say good to go. And doesn't hurt to tag me for the last minute stuff, thanks @kais!

I'd like a slot for Monday, pending space

I'd like a spot for Monday too, if possible.

Edited by C_Vallion

I'd like a slot for next Monday, pending space.

Hi, would it be possible to get a spot for next Monday? This is my first time submitting anything to reading excuses, it's the first chapter of the book I'm working on.

I'd also like a spot for Monday if available. 

Thanks!

Can I have a spot for next week please? 

Asking early to make sure I actually finish the thing I need to submit because I'm on a deadline. 

Also up for next week if there's space

Me, as well, if we're all jumping in early this week. 

1 hour ago, C_Vallion said:

Me, as well, if we're all jumping in early this week. 

Just for everyone's info, there is no 'early'. You can request a slot at any time, just not (usually) more than one slot at a time. We've had people say 'I don't want a slot this week, but my 'thing' will be ready for the following week'.

Edited by Robinski

Just now, Robinski said:

There is no 'early'. You can request a slot at any time, just not (usually) more than one slot at a time. We've had people say 'I don't want a slot this week, but my 'thing' will be ready for the following week'.

Good clarification :)  I figured there wasn't a specific request day. It just feels early because I think this is the first week I've been around that anyone has put in a request before Friday.  And also because my brain is running a day behind and exaggerating the feeling.

May I please have a slot for Monday, February 22nd? My short story is ready to be pulled apart. 

I believe there's room for one more slot, so if that's the case I'd also like a spot on Monday the 22nd. 

Could I have a spot for next week please? 

I might submit a revised 1, but more than likely, I will just send Ch. 2 and summarize any significant plot changes to 1. 

I'd like a spot for Monday, pending space

Can I have a spot for next Monday please?

Can I have a spot for Monday as well?  Planning to just jump to the tournament chapter.   I think just doing that is going to be a better way of figuring out what actually needs to be introduced before then (if anything).  If only I'd done that like six weeks ago...